onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite interview

Beza

Advert

Some fans are being as stubborn as Smurf. Judge him after the new manager is installed, the past cannot be changed.

You know I'm beginning to think this now. I've been a major critic of Smurf's in recent times, even going as far as to literally beg him to sell the club. However, I think we've got to welcome his return and continued support. We need that leadership and stability at the moment. I also actually think that he came across quiet well in both of his recent interviews. Some people now have "pre-set" agendas against Smurf and this won't change no matter what. This constant sense of conflict isn't good for the club and is what will ultimately lead to the clubs oblivion. No organisation can survive long term in a constant state of turmoil. There are times when we should definitely make a stand but you also need to know when to call bygones and if Smurf gets the right man and things begin to turn around maybe that may be the time.

What makes me laugh are two of him comments from Saturday.

1) Bruno-gate was a mistake he will take to his grave

2) We missed out as the Norwegians walked away because of abuse NS was getting. The subtext to this comment was the fans cost themselves a takeover and fresh start.

May I remind you all that via Rodinia Sport, the Norwegians were the ones responsible for Riberio, Saide Moussallati, Almost £100k for Mbamba, paying a fee for Beanhead Reg and ultimately our relegation.

Make your mind up Norman, you're cracking.

If there genuinely are no other buyers out there then we've got to simply put our faith in someone. If we don't we'll tear before the club apart... without the actions of Smurfwaite.

I agree. Norman Smurthwaite isn't going anywhere so we might as well back him or just stop supporting the Vale.

I can't stop supporting Port Vale so I support Norman too.

Anyone who knew the game wouldn't have needed a crystal ball or 20/20 hindsight to have seen the whole Bruno business going wrong. You can't write that off as an honest mistake. It was really really really really naive.

To be fair - I think the only reason why Bruno went was because of Normans very own comments about not being in the top 6 by xmas and he would revert to 'Plan b' now....

Being a man of principal (Smurf) he had to act as we were all saying why are we not there. At the end of the day Bruno left us in a position not anywhere near the bottom 4 - so in reality, in my view Bruno was not the disaster that is made out, the biggest disaster that was made that season was the appointment of Brown and then him getting confirmation of the role in the close season after we'd taken a massive drop from when Bruno departed!

You ask me it was/is the inexperience of Garlick and Fradley giving Brown the job for the long term, they took the easy option! Clearly the wrong one.

A lot can be said about Bruno, but it was not a disaster by any stretch, what was a disaster was putting Brown in subsequent charge!

We need an experienced league manager with football league promotions under his belt. If you have desires to do better than you have to appoint someone who has been there and done it.... none of these conference managers who've 'shown promise' take a look at Sinnot! No thanks

Cottrill for me folks!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Me personally I'm undecided about norm , what I got from that interview was that he is truly sorry for messing **** up but wants to put it right .

He said some stupid stuff too though like he's got no one in mind , and that he didn't really have a plan to go out and get the best man for the job , just who applies and that stuff about how he thought about putting the club back into admin was abit below the belt and felt like a threat .

But overall I think he is genuinely upset that he's failing , and he'd like no more than to get back celebrating in the crown .

The real reason wildes left is because Norman wanted all the attention and adulation after that promotion , and that was his biggest mistake .

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived