Robbie Earle's Perm

Next Manager

Like Birchall said on the Radio at the weekend and ask yourselves this:

IF Aspin was not a cult hero and didn't have the PLAYING history at the Vale - would you want him as manager?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Martin Foyle on RS said that Neil is easily ready for League management.He reckoned quite a few sides in the National League are better than League 2 and pay the wages too.

Problem is some fans are expecting too much from this I was one of those. Thinking Adkins and Powell if we got one of those fantastic, however I feel Aspin is right. After whats happened before I was dead against an ex player becoming manager with Glover etc. However this is different. Aspin will be league over next few years. Why not with Vale it may not work out, but if we employ Adkins it could flop.

Nothing wrong with thinking we want the best the most important thing is that when this new manager gets in the dug out we the fans are behind him aspin will do this so I feel he is right aswell

It's a massive job for smurf to unite the club if aspin works he could achieve it he now needs to back the manager keep quiet enjoy the games and not ruin it

I have my reservations but there is one reason why I believe Aspin is the right man for the job.

There will no longer be a manager to hide behind. For those of us out there who actually think the squad is decent that is a big thing. Aspin is going to get more time and patience than the players will. They’ve been hiding behind the fact Brown and the deputies were always going to get it before them. Hiring Aspin removes that shield as people won’t blame him 1st due to his history with the club. I expect to see more of the players playing to their potential quickly with hiring Aspin compared to others for this reason. However it does show that some of the lads we signed in the summer were of poor character.

Good post Stupers.I actually think we were let down badly by some of the senior players last season.Strange how they all ****** off at the first opportunity.

Posters who don't want Aspin as our next manager are clearly on a wind up. Most teams in the Conference i would guess are full time now anyway, so theirs going be no difference between L2 and Conference. Over 600 games managed with a win ratio of over 48%. Luckily most fans seem they want Aspin, so those that don't, tuff ****.

There were plenty of posters who didn't want Aspin when I first mentioned his name in 2014. Now , all of a sudden , tbey can't wait to see hom appointed. As he should be.

Posters who don't want Aspin as our next manager are clearly on a wind up. Most teams in the Conference i would guess are full time now anyway, so theirs going be no difference between L2 and Conference. Over 600 games managed with a win ratio of over 48%. Luckily most fans seem they want Aspin, so those that don't, tuff ****.

What a stupid post. I've argued against Aspin and with far more reasoned argument and insight than anything you've written.

What a stupid post. I've argued against Aspin and with far more reasoned argument and insight than anything you've written.

Why wouldn't no one want Aspin? His management record speaks for itself.

Irrespective of whos our next manager it won't please everyone. It seems like the next guy will have to do a Rudgie to be accepted but in much less time before the tide turns.

Ainsworth would be my no.1 choice because of his record in L2 with a team on a small budget.

I would have loved Adkins but that is pie in the sky.

Coleman would be a good choice

At the end of the day unless we pay the money we are only going to keep chancing our arm which Aspin is.....now is not the time to do it.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Those 3 weren't interested...Aspin has always wanted to manage us i believe

Remember Rudgie owes everything to Kevin Finney, oh so close to failure.

Whoever it will be the only edict for now should be survival, certainly until January. Sad at this stage of the season but that's where we are. As fans we must consolidate and get behind the new manager and team, let's get a feel good factor around the ground.

Gateshead have released an official statement saying that Neil Aspen's future is currently under discussion and the first team coach will take charge of tonight game.

It's happening!

Agree with jeffers first priority has to be to get us out of trouble this season/stay up as it currently stands surely? I think most even slightly educated Vale fans would probably accept staying up as a reasonable achievement for any new manager considering we find ourselves 6 points adrift of 21st place in early Oct. Then build from there. As much as I wouldn't see sneaking above Forest Green and Chesterfield come May as anything particularly mid-blowing how many of us would take it right now?

Does not say anything about the Vale though, Oldham and Gillingham are also looking for a manager.

He's 1/16 on, we're announcing a manager tomorrow, he has no links to them.

Done and dusted imo.

Haven't felt any positivity like this for a good few years. Even better if Micky isn't involved. Buzzing.

Edited by Hagrid