Robbie Earle's Perm

Next Manager

Aspin's win ratio is irrelevant whilst it doesn't contain one single game in the football league. We are in far too precarious a position to gamble on someone with zero league experience, even if he is a God amongst men. He did really well at Halifax up to the point where it came to push up the conference day then sadly he did abysmally and was sacked.

I know what you are saying but when you look at the clubs in the conference,it is just more or less another league and not non league plus how many places below us are Gateshead,personally i think he would be ok but it looks like the appointment of a manager is just going to drag on as usual

This morning Niel Aspin wasn't even in the betting list......NOW he's 7/4 FAV @ bet victor to be the new manager....

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

What is the oldest age that would be acceptable for a manager to most people ?

There is a manager of a top Conference (National League) team who has presided over incredible success, has managed over 1200 games, including HUNDREDS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE TOO, and has a win ratio of over 40 per cent.

His club are relatively poor, and I would very much doubt he would be earning a lot - whether a compensation payment would be large I have no ides.

He has multiple promotions under his belt, including taking a club more unattractive and with smaller gates than Accrington from League 2 to League 1, and id widely respected throughout the game.

He said of his management style (and this is pure Rudgey): 'If you are a bigger club you shop at Harrods, smaller clubs shop at Tesco's. But you have to love the job, and I do.' and like Rudge, has uncovered a number of gems from tiny clubs that have gone on to the big time.

Anyone know who I mean, and apart from being a bit older than most managers, any reason why he should not be considered ?

Edited by Bea Smith

Still has been described as a “direct and conventional tactician”, often utilising a target man and fast wingers and/or strikers in either a 4–4–2 or 4–3–3 formation. During the nine seasons he spent in his second stint as manager of Dagenham & Redbridge, his team primarily employed direct, attacking long ball football. At Dagenham, Still was known to sometimes operate "attractive to watch" football and, in Luton Town's title-winning season in 2013–14, his team was described as playing "fast, attacking football" with a "pass and move" mentality,demonstrated by 5–0, 6–0 and 7–0 wins over Alfreton Town, Kidderminster Harriers and Hereford United respectively.

Still's teams have been labelled as "fit and organised" and, even at clubs with small budgets, he has stated that he always employs a fitness and conditioning coach. Still has also said that he places attitude above ability, rejecting talented players who did not show ambition or willingness to self-improve.

Sounds like Micky Adams.

There is a manager of a top Conference (National League) team who has presided over incredible success, has managed over 1200 games, including HUNDREDS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE TOO, and has a win ratio of over 40 per cent.

His club are relatively poor, and I would very much doubt he would be earning a lot - whether a compensation payment would be large I have no ides.

He has multiple promotions under his belt, including taking a club more unattractive and with smaller gates than Accrington from League 2 to League 1, and id widely respected throughout the game.

He said of his management style (and this is pure Rudgey): 'If you are a bigger club you shop at Harrods, smaller clubs shop at Tesco's. But you have to love the job, and I do.' and like Rudge, has uncovered a number of gems from tiny clubs that have gone on to the big time.

Anyone know who I mean, and apart from being a bit older than most managers, any reason why he should not be considered ?

Do you mean John Still? I don't think he's ever managed outside the M25.

Do you mean John Still? I don't think he's ever managed outside the M25.

Yes Jean, and at the risk of sounding as picky as my favourite poster, he did manage Luton which is (just) outside the M25 I think, and also has managed Peterborough which is further from London.

I know the chances are he wouldn't be keen to uproot and leave the area he probably loves, but it shows that Coleman is not the only miracle worker - for Dagenham to play Sheffield Wednesday in a league match was near science fiction, perhaps only matched by Macclesfield v Manchester City.

As Sir Alex went on longer than that, I don't think his age of 67 should rule him out totally if he were interested - and he would be a rock solid better bet than at least two thirds of the names in the bookies list which fills me with dread when I look closely.

John Still is the only manager to lead 3 different clubs out of non-league football into the Football League, and looks like he may do it again with Dagenham this season. That is in addition to his getting promotion for Dagenham from L2 to L1, and he has never had any reasonable money to spend at Dagenham.

Edited by Bea Smith

John Still is the only manager to lead 3 different clubs out of non-league football into the Football League,

Let's save him until next season then!!

Paul Doswell ? Worked for free ?

Let's save him until next season then!!

Honestly - I was going to put something similar as part of my post but the pain of how true it might be stopped me.

Paul Doswell ? Worked for free ?

It was John Still, as Jean said.

Paul Doswell is an admirable man, but without the same experience - I'm just a little (well actually a lot) worried that you might have alerted the silver saviour to someone who will manage for free and grubby little hands are currently being rubbed together as he frantically hunts the phone number for Doswell.: :drool:

Found Hugill and Andoh so has an eye for a player but as manager no experience?

No he didn't. He wasn't scout merely the coach of the development squad which failed miserably.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

very sad and disappointed if we appoint Aspin he has no more experience than Askey but after reading all the comments on who ever appoints is dead before they take the job as the fans all have different many people in mind who ever is maimed will be wrong no win situation

The only way all fans will give a new manager a chance and full backing for more than a few games is IF they where appointed by new owners.

Or we make a statement with a managerial appointment sadly we are scrapping the barrel.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Return of the Skull !

If Aspo could galvanize the club, I could see some lost fans returning as he was such an icon of Rudgey's era.

Edited by smithie