onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Here's a novel idea - instead of waste money on two wages for a DOF and a manager, why not just pool both salaries and EMPLOY A PROPER MANAGER.

Its truly staggering that some fans aren't grasping the lunacy of this.

If we're paying Micky to 'advise' us at the expense of securing the likes of Powell then Smurf is beyond defence.

Advert

I thought I was the only one thinking this

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Why ignore the owners statement? Nothing at all to suggest we are going for a cheap option... in fact a team of Askey and Adams wouldn’t be cheap at all. Who do you think we should be looking at? Ainsworth! Give it a rest... he wouldn’t come here and it’s unlikely Wycombe would even let us get near to talking to him.

How long since Powel lost his job at Hudddersfield? What’s he been doing since? Do people really think Powell would be demanding high wages.. no he wouldn’t.

We are a league 2 club. Some of the names on here being thrown about are hilarious.

There's no cheap option available, a lot of posts on here suggesting one though. The position and salary will be the same whoever applies. If the club offered ludicrous money to get a big name, would that go down well? Short term yes, but when the dust settled there would be hell to pay

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Ex-City manager Steven Pressley can be backed at 20/1, with Russell Slade - a controversial figure for many City supporters - at 25/1.

A former Sky Blues midfielder, Tim Sherwood, is also priced at 20/1, alongside Pressley.

just random searching to see what comes up found this from the Coventry telegraph,may mean nothing but you never know with links from cov

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/former-coventry-city-managers-running-13656981

Why ignore the owners statement? Nothing at all to suggest we are going for a cheap option... in fact a team of Askey and Adams wouldn’t be cheap at all. Who do you think we should be looking at? Ainsworth! Give it a rest... he wouldn’t come here and it’s unlikely Wycombe would even let us get near to talking to him.

How long since Powel lost his job at Hudddersfield? What’s he been doing since? Do people really think Powell would be demanding high wages.. no he wouldn’t.

We are a league 2 club. Some of the names on here being thrown about are hilarious.

My opinion of it all is as yourself tbh the names make me laugh but at the same time I mentioned yesterday if anyone else had thought that if Morgan and co got 3pts tomorrow would smurf think maybe this management team and maybe Adams advising would be worth thinking about , after all it's a points based business and if and it's a big IF , by hard work, tactical nouse and morale etc if results were favourable and we gain points and climb the table would Vale fans still be on here moaning as that's what they're good at and I'm one of them! At smurf for not employing a so called 'decent' manager? I think not

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

On a side note and not sure if true as i cant see it but i had a message saying smurf was dismissing the Westley rumours as BS

It's the one thing that Smurf is an absolute expert on.

I feel sure that Smurf will think he is doing the fans a favour and appoint Horton - saying, well you wanted an experienced manager. Please let me be wrong, but if I am not I will have to do what I said and support 'Canvey Island' man.

Just hope that we do not get Westley as manager, can't believe anyone can think he would be a good appointment. Looking at his past 5 years, he has failed everywhere he has been. His tactics are old school and I don't want him anywhere near here.

Since he left Stevenage, he failed miserably at Preston, a big club in league 1 and left them below mid table, returned to Stevenage and they finished bottom, left to go to Peterborough and failed again on a big league 1 budget and then at Newport left them on the verge of going down before he got sacked and they then performed a great escape. I would sooner have someone like Askey than this horrible manager.

Just hope that we do not get Westley as manager, can't believe anyone can think he would be a good appointment. Looking at his past 5 years, he has failed everywhere he has been. His tactics are old school and I don't want him anywhere near here.

Since he left Stevenage, he failed miserably at Preston, a big club in league 1 and left them below mid table, returned to Stevenage and they finished bottom, left to go to Peterborough and failed again on a big league 1 budget and then at Newport left them on the verge of going down before he got sacked and they then performed a great escape. I would sooner have someone like Askey than this horrible manager.

Nice summary but I wouldn't rule it out!

Archived