onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Oldham have sacked Sheridan this morning. Not saying he's perfect but he's a lot better than some of the clowns that we've had linked with us.

Really?? For me he is a manager who will keep you up when he first comes but then will be sacked the following season as a team struggles,i dont want that.

No doubt it will be a cost effective appointment which is boardroom speak for the cheapest available option,in cases like these the suitability of the applicant is never considered as it is always secondary to the considerable savings made and having a ready made scapegoat to apportion blame should things go pearshaped.imho.

I'm getting bored already with this manager search malarkey. Whoever we bring in has got the mother of all tasks on their hands and will certainly have their fair share of opposition. I just hope it is resolved in the next week or so we can just get on with trying to get ourselves out of this misery we are all in.

I know this is a thread on the next manager but I am surprised there has been little said about the quality of our current squad.

Whichever manager we bring in , ha has a massive task to turn us around into a team

that concedes few and scores more.

Our current squad does seem to have a few better players than last year but the overall balance of the squad is terrible, as bad as last years

I honestly believe it is a case of hanging on in there until January and then lets see if Smurf is true to his word and offers the £'s to buy our safety. It will cost a huge

amount to bring in the right players too.

Yes the managers appointment is key but lets not get carried away, whoever is chosen

and assume we are now safe.

F G R and Yeovil are probably the two worst teams in the league [ schh about the Vale ]

and if we are to survive we will have to finish above them both.

All we can do is hope we get the right backroom team together and Smurf spends again.

I've yet to be convinced Adams is coming. The stuff in his book suggested he'd had enough of Vale and surely if he was coming we would know by now. Perhaps people are putting two and two together after his presence at the game on Saturday - he certainly wasn't sitting with Smurf. I was at the game as well but can assure you I'm not the new manager despite my outstanding qualifications.

I'm sure you said at the weekend you were convinced he'd be involved in some capacity as I remember agreeing with you (I know I was shocked too!).

Picking the manager is stage one, hopefully he will be able to lift us up to half way by Xmas. If we are still in the bottom 6, replacements to the squad will be urgent. Plenty to talk about once he is revealed and results are seen.

W O W

Half way by Christmas - Hope you are right

I don't believe this whole squad is good enough to get us up this league

We have the numbers but the quality and the balance is so poor.

Two more games this week against top half teams and we need to be picking up some points too. Like I said F G R and Yeovil are poor teams

Pinch of salt obviously:

Brian Horton & Graham Westley are both under consideration for the Port Vale manager's job. Both been interviewed by Smurthwaite. #pvfc

Tweeted by Football League Zone, no idea of their reliability, have 15k followers.

I doubt its true, but if the final 3 candidates are Askey, Westley, and Horton, then its goodnight sweet prince. If we appoint one of those 3 I feel irreparable damage will be done to the club, long-term.

Edit: Westley and Horton also being reported by Sky Sports. FFS.

Westley would be catastrophic. He took over Newport in similar circumstances to us now, won 6 in 29 and got sacked.

Seconded another abject failure.

Agree, Sheridan is another one of those fall out with himself in an empty room types! Didn't he leave Notts County for something like constant bad language? Can't remember! Anyway he comes over as a complete arse! I admit you have to have some spunk and have a hardened side to be a good manager but he is too much of one imo!

Pinch of salt obviously:

Brian Horton & Graham Westley are both under consideration for the Port Vale manager's job. Both been interviewed by Smurthwaite. #pvfc

Tweeted by Football League Zone, no idea of their reliability, have 15k followers.

I doubt its true, but if the final 3 candidates are Askey, Westley, and Horton, then its goodnight sweet prince. If we appoint one of those 3 I feel irreparable damage will be done to the club, long-term.

Edit: Westley and Horton also being reported by Sky Sports. FFS.

Westley would be catastrophic. He took over Newport in similar circumstances to us now, won 6 in 29 and got sacked.

Oh my life it is a total shocker,when you think of the decent managers out there if we pay the money for once and now we have interviewed a near 70yr old out of management for a while and a man who is well hated in football circles...i give up i really do

Archived