Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

In all likelyhood you can say the chances of it working are lower than a fresh appointment as this person already has input into the failure of this season and last. If you look at the track record with Vale-

Page was assistant and stepped up and failed, Brown stepped up and failed, Glover stepped up and failed, Grews record was awful taking charge, Foyle was also not great. All had input into an already struggling team. If we look at this team as a perfect example we are struggling defensively on a massive level with mistakes personally and tactically. Morgan is the defensive coach, would you trust him to run 4 units if hes currently struggling to coach 1?

Time to think like NFL teams really if the team is doing well then the coaches underneath are ready to step up and have a go at managing themselves, if the team is struggling the coaches and the head coach take responsibility. You rarely see an NFL owner allow the offensive coach for a losing nfl team take the rains and rightly so in my opinion.

If youre a department manager at work and your store and your department is struggling- they would likely fire the store manager over time, would you expect a promotion if your department was struggling? you would certainly think you had dropped on if they booted you upto store manager surely?

All those points you make are fair comment and the NFL is a good model to put across your point but at the same time Morgan may not have agreed with brown on a lot of things he was trying but brown had the final say he may have been pig-headed and wouldn't listen to advice I don't know for sure. Morgan must know where players ought to play and their weaknesses and strengths also he may be tactically better then again I don't know for sure

I take your view on board though

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not as concerned as you by the looks of it of going down. I think we've got a decent set of players for this level. I think with something resembling a decent manager we'd be comfortably mid-table. I think it would be a mistake to ignore thinking for the medium to long term, a mistake we've made far too often in the past. Agreed there needs to be an aligned vision between a DoF and a manager. Can we find someone to do that? Absolutely.

I'm less confident as you are about the group of players. I don't think it's a well balanced squad at all, we don't look like we will score enough goals and we lack identity.

There are plenty of teams down the years that have been too good to go down but never recovered from a poor start. Forest in 92/93, apparently Man Utd were the same the year they went down in the 70s. I'm worried about complacency - I think we need someone who can nip the threat of relegation in the bud.

That and a new owner are the only things I'm hoping for this season. Everything else I've written off.

Imagine legitimately considering Chris Morgan, a man who worked at 2 clubs last season and both were relegated :laugh:

How anyone can even think of keeping any legacy of the Brown era on board is beyond me. The entire club needs a clear out, including off the pitch.

As you state correctly hagrid the history of Morgan I know of, his record is dire and what I've stated is laughable but would 4pts from next two games be enough to get fans thinking about keeping things as they are?

Advert:

That must be the 100th time you've not called me a nazi.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds to call people nazis simply because you disagree with them?

I may not, but I do know that following people around on the matchday thread is seedy and unseemly. Jumping in to thank anyone who attacks me when you have not been involved is going to get a response, little sausage doggie.

Can dish it out but can't take it back perhaps ?

Now go and invade somewhere, preferably the bottom of your dustbin.

As you state correctly hagrid the history of Morgan I know of, his record is dire and what I've stated is laughable but would 4pts from next two games be enough to get fans thinking about keeping things as they are?

No. Complete clear out. This was a man advising the manager who relegated us and took us to the foot of the FL. A man who told us to "put our money" on the playoffs this year.

We can do so much better.

Can you say 100% that Morgan will fail?

Can you say 100% that a new experienced manager will be successful?

Didn't think so.

Redknapp Birmingham

Hodgson palace

Moyes Man Utd

Endless managers at Newcastle also

I don't see you've got a valid point tbh

He's probably cheaper than many/most other options so if that's part of the reason for choosing him then it would show a lack of ambition. He might work out but if he's chosen not cos we think we've unearthed a managerial gem but cos he's cheaper than the alternatives then that's saying "let's try and do things on the cheap"..which isn't very ambitious if the alternative is investing ins someone more likely to succeed based on their track record

If NS thinks he's so great then he should put his money where his mouth is and put him on a very well paid long contract...you can show ambition by backing they person you think can take a us a long way by investing in him and in doing so preventing him form being lured elsewhere.

QUOTE=joey_pvfc;767078]This just sums up vale fans ambition, potentially settling for Chris Morgan as manager, and happy with Muppet weight controlling our club like a toy train set.

Incorrect on all accounts I said if,and nothing would delight me more than having a new brush at the helm but you will be waiting at the station for quite a while I would stick with your train set.

Advert:

QUOTE=joey_pvfc;767078]This just sums up vale fans ambition, potentially settling for Chris Morgan as manager, and happy with Muppet weight controlling our club like a toy train set.

Incorrect on all accounts I said if,and nothing would delight me more than having a new brush at the helm but you will be waiting at the station for quite a while I would stick with your train set.

At least I no the fat controller isn't pocketing my money.

Isn't Phil Sproson mates with Askey - perhaps that is where the story came from?

Heard quite a few different bits over Sproson. There is a suggestion from someone close to media he has still got a beef over Nathan Smith choosing a different agent.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the onevalefan mobile app

In all likelyhood you can say the chances of it working are lower than a fresh appointment as this person already has input into the failure of this season and last. If you look at the track record with Vale-

Page was assistant and stepped up and failed, Brown stepped up and failed, Glover stepped up and failed, Grews record was awful taking charge, Foyle was also not great. All had input into an already struggling team. If we look at this team as a perfect example we are struggling defensively on a massive level with mistakes personally and tactically. Morgan is the defensive coach, would you trust him to run 4 units if hes currently struggling to coach 1?

Time to think like NFL teams really if the team is doing well then the coaches underneath are ready to step up and have a go at managing themselves, if the team is struggling the coaches and the head coach take responsibility. You rarely see an NFL owner allow the offensive coach for a losing nfl team take the rains and rightly so in my opinion.

If youre a department manager at work and your store and your department is struggling- they would likely fire the store manager over time, would you expect a promotion if your department was struggling? you would certainly think you had dropped on if they booted you upto store manager surely?

Experience of turning round a slide is probably the most desirable or experience of doing well in that division. How many teams opt for Big Sam purely because he has and can keep sides in the league? not many would go for the assistant manager over him

Page didn't fail. Mind you he was previously working under a successful Adams regime that simply had a poor start to a season, unlike the current situation.

Page didn't fail. Mind you he was previously working under a successful Adams regime that simply had a poor start to a season, unlike the current situation.

A lot of people think he did, his football was painful to watch, his retained lists remarkably staggering and he's now been ushered out of the door at his previous two clubs.

Advert:

At least I no the fat controller isn't pocketing my money.

Peanuts for loyal supporters

A lot of people think he did' date=' his football was painful to watch, his retained lists remarkably staggering and he's now been ushered out of the door at his previous two clubs.[/quote']

Away from home it was but some of our better home performances excluding the obvious ones from the promotion season were under Page.

Vale 3 Wigan 2

Vale 2 Sheffield United 1 (Uche masterclass)

Vale 3 Doncaster 0

Vale 1 Burnley 0

Away from home was dross though and cost us potentially making the play offs in his second season.

Archived