onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Chris wilder,Neil Warnock,Darrell Clarke,John Coleman,Martin Allen,Nigel clough,Paul Hurst,Paul cook,Steve Evans, Cowley Bros...all former non league managers...why can't it be a non league manager...???

Re Martin Allen. I saw him at the Brighton Newcastle game today. I would have asked him if he'd applied but it would have meant losing my place in the chips queue. Sorry.

Advert

Whoever takes over, Wether a seasoned pro with plenty of pedigree in the lower divisions or a rookie from non league he (or she) will divide opinion. Both here, on the terraces and in the pubs of Burslem. Time will tell if they are successful but how do we perceive such success ? Right now finishing 22nd would be deemed a success and each of us have a differing view of what we would accept as a success. Long term promotion must be the aim but the key words are "long term". The new Messiah will need time, patience and a certain slice of luck. I will back whoever is chosen as the decision is not mine to make and I will give them time......I just hope others do likewise.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Whoever takes over, Wether a seasoned pro with plenty of pedigree in the lower divisions or a rookie from non league he (or she) will divide opinion. Both here, on the terraces and in the pubs of Burslem. Time will tell if they are successful but how do we perceive such success ? Right now finishing 22nd would be deemed a success and each of us have a differing view of what we would accept as a success. Long term promotion must be the aim but the key words are "long term". The new Messiah will need time, patience and a certain slice of luck. I will back whoever is chosen as the decision is not mine to make and I will give them time......I just hope others do likewise.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

I certainly will my friend, just some names, if appointed will fill me initially with more optimism than others.

Who do you actually want? All I've seen is you slate potential targets?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I have only 'slated' the idea of John Askey and Martin Allen a few years ago would have snapped your hand off but he was sacked by Eastliegh. If you read I haven't slated all, however I think we need someone proven.

I have only 'slated' the idea of John Askey and Martin Allen a few years ago would have snapped your hand off but he was sacked by Eastliegh. If you read I haven't slated all, however I think we need someone proven.

Alex Ferguson was sacked by St Mirren

Radio Stoke reported this morning that Askey was interviewed for the job at the end of last week.

They then reckoned that Smurthwaite had ruled him out, purely from his "take a chill pill" post on OVF the other day.

To me, that wasn't Smurthwaite ruling him out and he did not state that Askey wouldn't get the job.

"They then reckoned that Smurthwaite had ruled him out, purely from his "take a chill pill" post on OVF the other day"

...or perhaps Askey decided after the 'interview' or informal chat that he didn't feel he could work at Vale under the present regime. I don't imagine for a minute that we will ever know the full (true) story.

Didn't he suffix it with 'don't believe BS' or something? I think NS will want to get the fans onside and even a brief glance at this forum would have convinced him not to offer the job to Askey. I want Powell from the names mentioned although I'm sure there'll be some surprise names that will have applied. Obviously not as many that would have applied if we weren't a running joke in football circles but there you go.

Archived