onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

I have my reservations but there is one reason why I believe Aspin is the right man for the job.

There will no longer be a manager to hide behind. For those of us out there who actually think the squad is decent that is a big thing. Aspin is going to get more time and patience than the players will. They’ve been hiding behind the fact Brown and the deputies were always going to get it before them. Hiring Aspin removes that shield as people won’t blame him 1st due to his history with the club. I expect to see more of the players playing to their potential quickly with hiring Aspin compared to others for this reason. However it does show that some of the lads we signed in the summer were of poor character.

Good post Stupers.I actually think we were let down badly by some of the senior players last season.Strange how they all ****** off at the first opportunity.

Advert

Posters who don't want Aspin as our next manager are clearly on a wind up. Most teams in the Conference i would guess are full time now anyway, so theirs going be no difference between L2 and Conference. Over 600 games managed with a win ratio of over 48%. Luckily most fans seem they want Aspin, so those that don't, tuff ****.

There were plenty of posters who didn't want Aspin when I first mentioned his name in 2014. Now , all of a sudden , tbey can't wait to see hom appointed. As he should be.

Posters who don't want Aspin as our next manager are clearly on a wind up. Most teams in the Conference i would guess are full time now anyway, so theirs going be no difference between L2 and Conference. Over 600 games managed with a win ratio of over 48%. Luckily most fans seem they want Aspin, so those that don't, tuff ****.

What a stupid post. I've argued against Aspin and with far more reasoned argument and insight than anything you've written.

Ainsworth would be my no.1 choice because of his record in L2 with a team on a small budget.

I would have loved Adkins but that is pie in the sky.

Coleman would be a good choice

At the end of the day unless we pay the money we are only going to keep chancing our arm which Aspin is.....now is not the time to do it.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Those 3 weren't interested...Aspin has always wanted to manage us i believe

Remember Rudgie owes everything to Kevin Finney, oh so close to failure.

Whoever it will be the only edict for now should be survival, certainly until January. Sad at this stage of the season but that's where we are. As fans we must consolidate and get behind the new manager and team, let's get a feel good factor around the ground.

Agree with jeffers first priority has to be to get us out of trouble this season/stay up as it currently stands surely? I think most even slightly educated Vale fans would probably accept staying up as a reasonable achievement for any new manager considering we find ourselves 6 points adrift of 21st place in early Oct. Then build from there. As much as I wouldn't see sneaking above Forest Green and Chesterfield come May as anything particularly mid-blowing how many of us would take it right now?

Archived