onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

I'm sick of the place at the moment, I won't be rushing back. Didn't renew my season ticket for the 1st time in 5 years largely because of the Brown appointment, stats and performances do not lie, why they appointed him full time in the close season after the form post Bruno leaving we'll probably never know.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Do you know what though, if that group of players put the effort in week in week out then I'd probably consider it, but we all know they are a bunch of individuals picking up a pay cheque at present - it makes you sick or does me anyway.

Advert

I won't, IF it's Neil Aspin it shows a complete lack of ambition yet again!

NO LEAGUE EXPERIENCE - let alone relegation dog fight experience

If he is appointed this is Smurfs way of appeasing fans, it'll be a cop out appointment from my point of view and will show a complete lack of leadership at the top.

Anyone within our reach that has league experience has also at least one failure on their CV.

I'd absolutely love Aspin in, and I'm greedy but I'd love a DoF role for the great man too and failing that I'd hope that we can at least give him a consultancy role, or life president or something. We should be begging him for any advice he's willing to give and we will be much, much better for it.

Anyone within our reach that has league experience has also at least one failure on their CV.

I'd absolutely love Aspin in, and I'm greedy but I'd love a DoF role for the great man too and failing that I'd hope that we can at least give him a consultancy role, or life president or something. We should be begging him for any advice he's willing to give and we will be much, much better for it.

This Reagle Beagle is the best situation. Lets hope its all sorted. Aspin with a mentor would do fantastic.

Honestly the first to criticise Smurf, but we're at the foot of the Football League and as unattractive as we're ever going to be.

The only managers interested will be League managers literally in last chance saloon (Ince, Westley etc) or non-league managers desperate for a crack at the big time. Talk of Adkins, Powell, Cotterill is pie in the sky, especially with the incumbent clown as chairman.

If we're going to go non-league, I don't see a better option than a man with 600 games under his belt, several promotions, and a reputation as a tough man.

Add into the mix the legend status that will lift the woeful morale at the club and I don't really see any better options.

Completely understand, in this day and age I don't think you'd find many managers without any bad history. The average manager lasts no more than 2 years right now! Everyone wants instant Sucess, but you have to invest wisely on the squad as well....We've had managers who have wasted money (budget that is). Getting the buzz back is as much about players as it is managers - I just can't see any manager getting them to play with pride and passion.

I saw today that Lambert 'officially' retired as he'd been without a club since his release from Cardiff (age 35) that's the sort of signing we should have been looking to make - with a fair wind of course. We have a bunch of no marks at present.

I'm sick of the place at the moment, I won't be rushing back. Didn't renew my season ticket for the 1st time in 5 years largely because of the Brown appointment, stats and performances do not lie, why they appointed him full time in the close season after the form post Bruno leaving we'll probably never know.

I'm sick of it myself and ain't renewed my ticket either but getting aspin in will surely bring the majority of fans together and create a atmosphere down vale for that reason I'm going and looking forward to it and let's be honest I know it's only non league but he has a decent record

I'm sick of it myself and ain't renewed my ticket either but getting aspin in will surely bring the majority of fans together and create a atmosphere down vale for that reason I'm going and looking forward to it and let's be honest I know it's only non league but he has a decent record

Problem is some fans are expecting too much from this I was one of those. Thinking Adkins and Powell if we got one of those fantastic, however I feel Aspin is right. After whats happened before I was dead against an ex player becoming manager with Glover etc. However this is different. Aspin will be league over next few years. Why not with Vale it may not work out, but if we employ Adkins it could flop.

An experienced manager?

Like when Micky went to Tranmere:ninja:

How many promotions has he won as manager at non league level?

We need an experienced league manager who knows the league inside out along with a good knowledge of players at reserve level.

This has disaster written all over it for me. It's another PR stunt from the chairman to try and get fans onside and you are all falling for it.

Remove Aspin from the name and you have a manager who has a half decent managerial career in part-time football - that's it.

If a non league manager was appointed other than Aspin most on here would be unhappy on here as was the reaction to Askey.

We are turning into Leyton Orient.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Whoever we appoint as manager STILL leaves the cancer in the club that slowly is killing us. Vale will never be united until Smurf has gone. Aspin, if installed, will paper over a few cracks and galvanise some of the lost support for a while but even if he is successful the blue overlord will still remain hated and despised by many and will continue to do so as long as he darkens the corridors of Vale Park.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Completely understand, in this day and age I don't think you'd find many managers without any bad history. The average manager lasts no more than 2 years right now! Everyone wants instant Sucess, but you have to invest wisely on the squad as well....We've had managers who have wasted money (budget that is). Getting the buzz back is as much about players as it is managers - I just can't see any manager getting them to play with pride and passion.

I saw today that Lambert 'officially' retired as he'd been without a club since his release from Cardiff (age 35) that's the sort of signing we should have been looking to make - with a fair wind of course. We have a bunch of no marks at present.

You think we should have lambert as manager? Or just as a player? What he means when he says he hasn't found a team, it that he hasn't found one at the level he is willing to play at. There is no way the dog and duck wouldn't take him on if given the chance.

Who do you think the worst side in the football league should appoint as manager. Every time I see someone say no to aspin, they never stick their neck out and give an alternative.

I have my reservations but there is one reason why I believe Aspin is the right man for the job.

There will no longer be a manager to hide behind. For those of us out there who actually think the squad is decent that is a big thing. Aspin is going to get more time and patience than the players will. They’ve been hiding behind the fact Brown and the deputies were always going to get it before them. Hiring Aspin removes that shield as people won’t blame him 1st due to his history with the club. I expect to see more of the players playing to their potential quickly with hiring Aspin compared to others for this reason. However it does show that some of the lads we signed in the summer were of poor character.

Posters who don't want Aspin as our next manager are clearly on a wind up. Most teams in the Conference i would guess are full time now anyway, so theirs going be no difference between L2 and Conference. Over 600 games managed with a win ratio of over 48%. Luckily most fans seem they want Aspin, so those that don't, tuff ****.

Like Birchall said on the Radio at the weekend and ask yourselves this:

IF Aspin was not a cult hero and didn't have the PLAYING history at the Vale - would you want him as manager?

Martin Foyle on RS said that Neil is easily ready for League management.He reckoned quite a few sides in the National League are better than League 2 and pay the wages too.

Problem is some fans are expecting too much from this I was one of those. Thinking Adkins and Powell if we got one of those fantastic, however I feel Aspin is right. After whats happened before I was dead against an ex player becoming manager with Glover etc. However this is different. Aspin will be league over next few years. Why not with Vale it may not work out, but if we employ Adkins it could flop.

Nothing wrong with thinking we want the best the most important thing is that when this new manager gets in the dug out we the fans are behind him aspin will do this so I feel he is right aswell

It's a massive job for smurf to unite the club if aspin works he could achieve it he now needs to back the manager keep quiet enjoy the games and not ruin it

Archived