onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

You only have to look at teams relegated and promoted and there is no difference bearly any and gateshead finished 8th last year.

I beg to differ.

Newly promoted teams are always dangerous in any league if they get off to a good start as the togetherness and confidence is high. They tend not to be able to sustain it.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

He hasn’t been appointed yet! But I reiterate who would you have had MBE?

Ainsworth would be my no.1 choice because of his record in L2 with a team on a small budget.

I would have loved Adkins but that is pie in the sky.

Coleman would be a good choice

At the end of the day unless we pay the money we are only going to keep chancing our arm which Aspin is.....now is not the time to do it.

I'm one of the most cynical fans on here but I'm still quite excited at the prospect of Aspin. I aren't going to engage with the rubbish some people have posted demeaning his very good managerial record.

Doesn't change a lot with regards to Smurf for me; obviously I still want him gone ASAP. An obvious managerial appointment hasn't convinced me he knows what he's doing, just that, for once, he's listening to people who know far more about Port Vale than he does. The fans.

I hope if it is Aspin, which everyone is pointing towards (meaning Smurf openly lied on twitter and in the press on Saturday, or Aspin applied today, and the interview, deliberations, and compo was all sorted in 12 hours), then the club hierarchy, as useless as they are, use this opportunity to galvanise the club.

Drop walk up ticket prices on Saturday, get Aspo and Cummins in the press reliving their respective great days at the Vale, and properly build this up as the start of a new era. Got a good atmosphere and a big crowd in the door, and make me look forward to the Vale for the first time in 2/3 seasons.

I think that fits the same profile as Sinnott then before he took over except he had a different surname and wasn't a club legend.

Lee Sinnott had his assistant manager and half the Board of Directors working against him. He even had one director who wanted to be the one to sack him when the decision was made.

I'm the same I'll be back Saturday if it's aspin

I won't, IF it's Neil Aspin it shows a complete lack of ambition yet again!

NO LEAGUE EXPERIENCE - let alone relegation dog fight experience

If he is appointed this is Smurfs way of appeasing fans, it'll be a cop out appointment from my point of view and will show a complete lack of leadership at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

If he is appointed this is Smurfs way of appeasing fans, it'll be a cop out appointment from my point of view and will show a complete lack of leadership at the top.

U will miss a good day and win

Didn’t you want cotterill? Who has just landed the Birmingham job? Get real man

U will miss a good day and win

I'm sick of the place at the moment, I won't be rushing back. Didn't renew my season ticket for the 1st time in 5 years largely because of the Brown appointment, stats and performances do not lie, why they appointed him full time in the close season after the form post Bruno leaving we'll probably never know.

How many promotions has he won as manager at non league level?

We need an experienced league manager who knows the league inside out along with a good knowledge of players at reserve level.

This has disaster written all over it for me. It's another PR stunt from the chairman to try and get fans onside and you are all falling for it.

Remove Aspin from the name and you have a manager who has a half decent managerial career in part-time football - that's it.

If a non league manager was appointed other than Aspin most on here would be unhappy on here as was the reaction to Askey.

We are turning into Leyton Orient.

It's a strange PR stunt considering he's gone out of his way to deny it so far.

Didn’t you want cotterill? Who has just landed the Birmingham job? Get real man

Yeah being honest I did, but we all knew it was pie in the sky. I'd like to see Powell or Coleman, I wasn't too sure on Coleman, but the man has worked wonders on a shoestring!

Literally whoever we appointed someone would find fault in. Aspin is the best of what was on offer. If it doesn’t bring anything else, it’ll at least bring some right about the club and a little bit of unity in the stands I would imagine.

That is of course, if it all goes through okay!

Archived