onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Why is it?

How many promotions has he won as manager at non league level?

We need an experienced league manager who knows the league inside out along with a good knowledge of players at reserve level.

This has disaster written all over it for me. It's another PR stunt from the chairman to try and get fans onside and you are all falling for it.

Remove Aspin from the name and you have a manager who has a half decent managerial career in part-time football - that's it.

If a non league manager was appointed other than Aspin most on here would be unhappy on here as was the reaction to Askey.

We are turning into Leyton Orient.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Fickle fans will be the death of our club.

I don’t know whether I’m fickle to be fair but just think aspins appointment if it happens is a step in the right direction

He has the heart, knowledge and leadership to make things click you can say and state all you like about his lower league achievements I believe we are no Real Madrid and can’t attract anyone much higher than that level

If smurf gets ousted will you be buying the club then?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We need an experienced league manager who knows the league inside out along with a good knowledge of players at reserve level.

This has disaster written all over it for me. It's another PR stunt from the chairman to try and get fans onside and you are all falling for it.

Remove Aspin from the name and you have a manager who has a half decent managerial career in part-time football - that's it.

If a non league manager was appointed other than Aspin most on here would be unhappy on here as was the reaction to Askey.

3 I think.

That post is sheer arrogance! There is no difference between the conference and league 2!

I don’t know whether I’m fickle to be fair but just think aspins appointment if it happens is a step in the right direction

He has the heart, knowledge and leadership to make things click you can say and state all you like about his lower league achievements I believe we are no Real Madrid and can’t attract anyone much higher than that level

If smurf gets ousted will you be buying the club then?

I would if I could but he won't accept a reasonable offer....but seriously there are buyers out there but won't pay the ridiculous fee he wants.

We've gone from Smurf out to..oh it's ok cause he wheeling out a club legend.

#Frustrated

Any managerial appointment is a risk - the key is to minimise the risk. We could do that by paying top dollar for some bloke like Neil Warnock who guarantees you promotion but we couldn't get anyone like that because at the moment, we are one of the most unattractive propositions in the league.

We could take a huge risk and appoint someone with no managerial experience at all and keep our fingers crossed. Worked well for Bournemouth when they appointed a very young and very inexperienced Eddie Howe. Hasn't worked with Michael Brown.

We could appoint an experienced manager with a mixed/mediocre record like John Sheridan - over 500 games - would we want him? I certainly wouldn't.

Or we could go for a bloke like Neil Aspin who has a lot of managerial experience at non-league level and had 3 promotions. The National League is a very strong league and to suggest it is part-time is daft. How many times do teams who get relegated from league 2 come straight back - hardly ever? I suspect there is not a great deal of difference at all between the National League and League 2.

If it is Neil Aspin it may turn out to be a mistake but surely it is a risk worth taking. If you can't get the Master, get someone who learned at the feet of the Master. Give the lad a chance and don't whinge from the start.

Have you watch much non league football ? If not I suggest you do you will be likely watching a lot next year.

I agree in one respect MBE but at the same time for the immediate safety and future of Vale we need to keep our league status this season

Once e have hopefully and hopefully with aspin in there I would say let’s get smurf out I know it might not be your way but I feel that’s the way for me

Archived