onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

In my view, if the appointments rubbish, we don't have the time to sit back and see what happens.

Affirmative action needs to happen now. We sat by and didn't attack Smurf at the back end of last season as we were battling relegation; we went down on the last day, and Smurf was spared our anger for 3 months.

We come back, told to back the manager and his staff, all good noises come from the club, and we're told to give him 10 games. Brown is rubbish, he goes. We still haven't made ourselves heard.

Now we're looking at the prospect of another poor appointment. I don't think, if its one we're not happy about, we can afford to sit back and 'see how things go'. We keep putting off action to 'see how things go' (last season, start of this one, this new manager). How long are we going to wait before we decide to show our feeling to Smurf?

If the appointment is Westley or Horton, we need to show our displeasure on Saturday. We can't sit around, twiddling our thumbs to see if, against all our instinctive judgement, things go well. If we keep waiting, we'll end up in non-league with nothing to protest against. Are people willing to give, for example, Westley the magical '10 games'? Who knows what state we'll be in by then.

Advert

And what if it's a manager that the fans were all wanting us to get, like Aspin or Powell?

Then each to their own.

I have held my hands up when I've been wrong in the past, for instance, I wanted Brown to be given another 5-6 games when we were 4-5 games into the season, and I knew I'd got that one wrong by game 7.

If Smurf appoints Aspin and it fails, I'd find it hard to listen to anyone proclaiming that it's yet another Smurf mistake. There is a risk with all appointments.

Then each to their own.

I have held my hands up when I've been wrong in the past, for instance, I wanted Brown to be given another 5-6 games when we were 4-5 games into the season, and I knew I'd got that one wrong by game 7.

If Smurf appoints Aspin and it fails, I'd find it hard to listen to anyone proclaiming that it's yet another Smurf mistake. There is a risk with all appointments.

Yup but but Brown was his mistake. Bruno was his mistake.

From people who have watched his teams. A Gateshead fan described him as a non-league Pulis! The post you responded to stated as much too. People have really had their heads turned by the Aspin talk and I think it's ridiculous. There is nothing about his history in management that makes him a decent fit for Vale at this time, unfortunately.

I have to agree, I don't see what aspin will bring to us, by aspin coming here as manager is only putting his reputation at risk.

So if its Westley, for example, who I think is unanimously opposed, would you consider protesting?

This appointment is huge as I feel that if its bad fans are going to start to make themselves heard.

I don't want Westley but I would consider that a horrendous appointment.

If it was Dean Saunders for example, then yes.

This is an interesting point though, we all have our own ideal shortlist, we all have names that we think "why on earth do you fancy them as manager?"

Why? 'Cause we get to sing Aspin for England? Chronic short-termism. We need better than Aspin, IMO. Decent football, league experience and not a ****. Unfortunately, our Neil only possesses one of those.

And who do you think fits that bill? The list ain’t that long!!

What I don’t get is why Isn’t aspin good enough for us, Are we all deluded or something? We are not a championship side we are verging on non-league! Aspin will do for us people need get off the high horse about who we should get or deserve!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

What I don’t get is why Isn’t aspin good enough for us, Are we all deluded or something? We are not a championship side we are verging on non-league! Aspin will do for us people need get off the high horse about who we should get or deserve!

Aspin may well be good enough,the question is would Smugwaite be prepared to pay compensation for his services ?

I get where your coming from, but fans are genuinely seeing him as a saviour, who will take us from the bottom half of this division, to challenging the playoffs, I do think by aspin coming here to manage, he's putting his reputation at risk, im not saying IT BETTER NOT BE ASPIN!!!! , He'll get my support, but I think personally, it will end badly, Bruno came in and failed, brown took over, with his squad, and failed, eventually made his own signings, and failed, so aspin will come in, inherit browns squad, and struggle, fans will potentially get on his back, to me it's a vicious cycle of different appointments, with bad squads, so to conclude, this is because we end up with quantity over quantity.

Archived