onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Do you mean John Still? I don't think he's ever managed outside the M25.

Yes Jean, and at the risk of sounding as picky as my favourite poster, he did manage Luton which is (just) outside the M25 I think, and also has managed Peterborough which is further from London.

I know the chances are he wouldn't be keen to uproot and leave the area he probably loves, but it shows that Coleman is not the only miracle worker - for Dagenham to play Sheffield Wednesday in a league match was near science fiction, perhaps only matched by Macclesfield v Manchester City.

As Sir Alex went on longer than that, I don't think his age of 67 should rule him out totally if he were interested - and he would be a rock solid better bet than at least two thirds of the names in the bookies list which fills me with dread when I look closely.

John Still is the only manager to lead 3 different clubs out of non-league football into the Football League, and looks like he may do it again with Dagenham this season. That is in addition to his getting promotion for Dagenham from L2 to L1, and he has never had any reasonable money to spend at Dagenham.

Advert

What is the oldest age that would be acceptable for a manager to most people ?

There is a manager of a top Conference (National League) team who has presided over incredible success, has managed over 1200 games, including HUNDREDS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE TOO, and has a win ratio of over 40 per cent.

His club are relatively poor, and I would very much doubt he would be earning a lot - whether a compensation payment would be large I have no ides.

He has multiple promotions under his belt, including taking a club more unattractive and with smaller gates than Accrington from League 2 to League 1, and id widely respected throughout the game.

He said of his management style (and this is pure Rudgey): 'If you are a bigger club you shop at Harrods, smaller clubs shop at Tesco's. But you have to love the job, and I do.' and like Rudge, has uncovered a number of gems from tiny clubs that have gone on to the big time.

Anyone know who I mean, and apart from being a bit older than most managers, any reason why he should not be considered ?

Paul Doswell ? Worked for free ?

Paul Doswell ? Worked for free ?

It was John Still, as Jean said.

Paul Doswell is an admirable man, but without the same experience - I'm just a little (well actually a lot) worried that you might have alerted the silver saviour to someone who will manage for free and grubby little hands are currently being rubbed together as he frantically hunts the phone number for Doswell.: :drool:

very sad and disappointed if we appoint Aspin he has no more experience than Askey but after reading all the comments on who ever appoints is dead before they take the job as the fans all have different many people in mind who ever is maimed will be wrong no win situation

The only way all fans will give a new manager a chance and full backing for more than a few games is IF they where appointed by new owners.

Or we make a statement with a managerial appointment sadly we are scrapping the barrel.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived