onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

If people cared to look at Aspin's record, not only does he have a very good win ratio but if you also look at his loss ratio it is lowest of all the main contenders showing that he only loses roughly one game in four.

I believe the fact that Aspin is an ex player actually helps us in having the chance to get him as without that connection I doubt he would give us a second thought.

If people cared to look at Aspin's record, not only does he have a very good win ratio but if you also look at his loss ratio it is lowest of all the main contenders showing that he only loses roughly one game in four.

I believe the fact that Aspin is an ex player actually helps us in having the chance to get him as without that connection I doubt he would give us a second thought.

I wanted Aspin when Page got the job, but I think he likes it at Gateshead. Home town, family, team doing well enough in the Vanarama. I've been looking at his post match interviews. Straight up talking , no excuses. Good manager. However, he is such a legend at Vale,so as many posters have said, would we want to ruin it ?

Overall though, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

That's exactly it isn't it?

I see playing budgets mentioned all the time and the fact ours is bigger than the likes of Accrington.

Doesn't matter on bit. The most important position at a club is the manager. And yet its the one that we seem to take very lightly.

I doubt, personally, that any of the players at Accrington get paid more then Coleman.

They invest in him, his philosophy and his game plans.

I'd have swapped pretty much every one of our players for theirs on Tuesday.

We just recruit random players who get good recommendations because we've got no idea what we're doing.

It's a rut I can't see us getting out of quickly.

This is the area we need to invest in.

The only player in Accrington side better than ours was Kee on the day! Yes they play OK football good on the eye but at half time should have been three down and got a skanky goal after a foul on our centre half that referee never give. Just as quite a few matches this time we have missed chances or hit the woodwork, we could have beaten them, Notts County and even Crewe on the day. We don't need Superman manager just a guy who keeps system we have know, motivates the players and plays them in proper position. All these may sayers about whatever manager we pick are daft, most managers have failed somewhere. If Adams has said Bell then I would rate his judgement better the Smurth or indeed mine. I don't think it's to do with wages, Micky Adams didn't come cheap. Trouble is I can't think of an experienced manager apart from Powell that I really want.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Aspin's win ratio is irrelevant whilst it doesn't contain one single game in the football league. We are in far too precarious a position to gamble on someone with zero league experience, even if he is a God amongst men. He did really well at Halifax up to the point where it came to push up the conference day then sadly he did abysmally and was sacked.

Aspin's win ratio is irrelevant whilst it doesn't contain one single game in the football league. We are in far too precarious a position to gamble on someone with zero league experience, even if he is a God amongst men. He did really well at Halifax up to the point where it came to push up the conference day then sadly he did abysmally and was sacked.

I know what you are saying but when you look at the clubs in the conference,it is just more or less another league and not non league plus how many places below us are Gateshead,personally i think he would be ok but it looks like the appointment of a manager is just going to drag on as usual

This morning Niel Aspin wasn't even in the betting list......NOW he's 7/4 FAV @ bet victor to be the new manager....

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

What is the oldest age that would be acceptable for a manager to most people ?

There is a manager of a top Conference (National League) team who has presided over incredible success, has managed over 1200 games, including HUNDREDS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE TOO, and has a win ratio of over 40 per cent.

His club are relatively poor, and I would very much doubt he would be earning a lot - whether a compensation payment would be large I have no ides.

He has multiple promotions under his belt, including taking a club more unattractive and with smaller gates than Accrington from League 2 to League 1, and id widely respected throughout the game.

He said of his management style (and this is pure Rudgey): 'If you are a bigger club you shop at Harrods, smaller clubs shop at Tesco's. But you have to love the job, and I do.' and like Rudge, has uncovered a number of gems from tiny clubs that have gone on to the big time.

Anyone know who I mean, and apart from being a bit older than most managers, any reason why he should not be considered ?

Still has been described as a “direct and conventional tactician”, often utilising a target man and fast wingers and/or strikers in either a 4–4–2 or 4–3–3 formation. During the nine seasons he spent in his second stint as manager of Dagenham & Redbridge, his team primarily employed direct, attacking long ball football. At Dagenham, Still was known to sometimes operate "attractive to watch" football and, in Luton Town's title-winning season in 2013–14, his team was described as playing "fast, attacking football" with a "pass and move" mentality,demonstrated by 5–0, 6–0 and 7–0 wins over Alfreton Town, Kidderminster Harriers and Hereford United respectively.

Still's teams have been labelled as "fit and organised" and, even at clubs with small budgets, he has stated that he always employs a fitness and conditioning coach. Still has also said that he places attitude above ability, rejecting talented players who did not show ambition or willingness to self-improve.

Sounds like Micky Adams.

What is the oldest age that would be acceptable for a manager to most people ?

There is a manager of a top Conference (National League) team who has presided over incredible success, has managed over 1200 games, including HUNDREDS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE TOO, and has a win ratio of over 40 per cent.

His club are relatively poor, and I would very much doubt he would be earning a lot - whether a compensation payment would be large I have no ides.

He has multiple promotions under his belt, including taking a club more unattractive and with smaller gates than Accrington from League 2 to League 1, and id widely respected throughout the game.

He said of his management style (and this is pure Rudgey): 'If you are a bigger club you shop at Harrods, smaller clubs shop at Tesco's. But you have to love the job, and I do.' and like Rudge, has uncovered a number of gems from tiny clubs that have gone on to the big time.

Anyone know who I mean, and apart from being a bit older than most managers, any reason why he should not be considered ?

Do you mean John Still? I don't think he's ever managed outside the M25.

Archived