onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Good point ST. However, I've accepted that we're not going to get one. We've got to make do with whatever the clown in the boardroom decides.

I hope that the combined experience of Adams and Bell is enough to bundle us home. Its far from what I want from this saga but realistically we can't expect anymore when we have one of the worst chairman in the 92.

Neil Aspin is now 2nd favourite. He has a wealth of experience on small budgets with a very good win ratio wherever he has been.

Somebody one day will give him a job in the league. He is exactly what we need right now. I'd be championing him even if he never played for us.

He would galvanise the club and the fans. He would take no nonsense and he would get us winning football matches.

Most importantly is that he would be the figurehead the club is crying out for.

It's a no brainer for me and I really hope we get him.

Advert

Kind of a strange one this. I've never quite understood the argument that just because something happened 50 years ago, we should accept it now.

You would agree that far more 'first-time' appointments go wrong than the special few you've handpicked? Glover, Foyle, Sinnott, Bruno, Brown all first job in the FL. I'm sure other clubs have the same.

The fans' concerns are completely understandable; we need a 'manager', a guy with a set vision who will do things his way based on previous success at this level.

The reasons the examples you've given are so familiar as its against the norm; unproven appointments usually go wrong, so they don't stick out as much as a Ramsey, or a Guardiola.

This appointment needs to minimise risk, and the sort of appointment we're going for isn't doing that.

However, as Smurf is a clown, I'd ruefully accept Bell or Aspin.

Neil Aspin is now 2nd favourite. He has a wealth of experience on small budgets with a very good win ratio wherever he has been.

Somebody one day will give him a job in the league. He is exactly what we need right now. I'd be championing him even if he never played for us.

He would galvanise the club and the fans. He would take no nonsense and he would get us winning football matches.

Most importantly is that he would be the figurehead the club is crying out for.

It's a no brainer for me and I really hope we get him.

Been calling for Aspin for a while, but unfortunately he's slap bang in the middle of the 'Vale fans Venn Diagram to avoid managers', being both an ex-player and non-league.

He'd be a reminder of how good things used to be and would give us the short term morale and attendance boost we sorely need. If he's anything like his playing days we'll see the end of the likes of Wilson swanning about for us.

I love Neil Aspin and wouldn't want him to be subjected to the lies, taunts and abuse from the tediously predictable goons on here and on the terraces.

Every manager at every football club gets that from time to time. We probably have more 'goons' than most but for me that isn't a good enough reason to not want the man.

I'd take Aspin over the other mentioned candidates in the last ten days, by an absolute country mile.

Every manager at every football club gets that from time to time. We probably have more 'goons' than most but for me that isn't a good enough reason to not want the man.

I'd take Aspin over the other mentioned candidates in the last ten days, by an absolute country mile.

To be honest, I wouldn't take the risk. Hands up, I admit that's probably wrong of me but Aspin is one of the 4 or 5 players that I would never want to have their reputations tarnished. Let's keep him on his pedestal. Glover, for me at least, never had the love and devotion that NA had but his fall from grace still leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Also, Aspin's another that no-one would have mentioned if it weren't for the Vale connection. His last few months at Halifax saw them in freefall, I think.

Going back to something Norman said on the radio a couple of days after Brown got sacked, he said that he will take his time on the decision and it won't be done in haste because if he did and it failed the fans would say he had not thought it through.......

Let's look at his previous appointments.

Rob Page got the job 41 days after Micky left.

Bruno got the job 32 days after Rob left.

Browny got the job 128 days after Bruno left.

Evidence that he can take his time all he wants but ultimately doesn't really have a clue.

We simply cannot afford to have Morgan and Kelly in charge for another 3 games or more.

Time to pull your finger out Norman. Be a leader. And get your man. Now.

It's becoming blatantly obvious that Norman isn't going to appoint anyone decent (Ainsworth/Powell)

It's going to have to be someone who is just "the best of a bad bunch" like a Sheridan or a Martin Allen.

It's annoying yet again as the right manager would bring all the fans together again and give us some much needed optimism.

Norman is still searching for some no mark who he can offer a nil hours contract to.

To be honest, I wouldn't take the risk. Hands up, I admit that's probably wrong of me but Aspin is one of the 4 or 5 players that I would never want to have their reputations tarnished. Let's keep him on his pedestal. Glover, for me at least, never had the love and devotion that NA had but his fall from grace still leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Also, Aspin's another that no-one would have mentioned if it weren't for the Vale connection. His last few months at Halifax saw them in freefall, I think.

His record is excellent regardless of the vale link. In fact I'd bet a number of fans would be more keen if he wasn't ex vale. We aren't going to get some of the pie in the sky manager some are using to moan about every other possible appointment (Adkins and cotterill for example), so for me aspin is the best candidate we could hope for as a league 2 relegation scrap beckons.

Archived