onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Askey would be my first choice right now. I'd also like Aspin or Ainsworth.

Don't want Powell, Allen or any other manager who has proven failure on their CV. A young hungry manager with the guidance of someone who has done it all before is perfect.

Ironically, Brown could have done that last season with an experienced head above him.

You don't want Powell but you want Askey?

Powell managed for 4 years and won the League 1 title. Askey's managed for 4 years and won nothing, in the division below us.

Advert

Must be a wind up, no-one would consider Neil Baker for a job at vale surely?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using the onevalefan mobile app

Of course its a wind up,Baker hates Vale with a passion

I see Mad dog Allen odds on the slide,so its Bell,Ince and Allen at the moment...for me we could do a lot worse than those,i mean would anyone have Westley over them for starters

To rub salt in the wound after last night, it would appear we already have had an appraoch for Coleman rebuffed either by Accy or the man himself.

Stanley chairman @AndyhHolt was asked; @AndyhHolt on behalf of @smurfpvfc and @OfficialPVFC please can we make an approach for your management team? #PVFC #weneedhim

He replied; No mate! You've already tried.

No surprise but still slightly gutting.

It's becoming blatantly obvious that Norman isn't going to appoint anyone decent (Ainsworth/Powell)

It's going to have to be someone who is just "the best of a bad bunch" like a Sheridan or a Martin Allen.

It's annoying yet again as the right manager would bring all the fans together again and give us some much needed optimism.

Multiple promotions and won the L2 title last year?

Are you dumb? I'd give him a 5 year deal tonight.

No, I am not dumb and no need for that, I have maybe considered the context of his 'successes' more than you think.

When he has done well, it has been with the backing of easy-spend boards, who backed him to the hilt with lots of money. I'm sure I don't need to say any more about why that would not be the case here.

You also omit his two relegations and disastrous spell at Preston North End, where I am told he was despised, and they were very glad to see the back of him.

Certain managers are made for one club where they will be legends, but cannot change clubs easily - Coleman at Accrington, Ferguson at Peterboro and there are many others.

It's becoming blatantly obvious that Norman isn't going to appoint anyone decent (Ainsworth/Powell)

It's going to have to be someone who is just "the best of a bad bunch" like a Sheridan or a Martin Allen.

It's annoying yet again as the right manager would bring all the fans together again and give us some much needed optimism.

That looks like its going to be the case.

How can he not understand the importance of this appointment?

Of course its a wind up,Baker hates Vale with a passion

I see Mad dog Allen odds on the slide,so its Bell,Ince and Allen at the moment...for me we could do a lot worse than those,i mean would anyone have Westley over them for starters

I would take my 13 year old son as manager over Westley!

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

No, I am not dumb and no need for that, I have maybe considered the context of his 'successes' more than you think.

When he has done well, it has been with the backing of easy-spend boards, who backed him to the hilt with lots of money. I'm sure I don't need to say any more about why that would not be the case here.

You also omit his two relegations and disastrous spell at Preston North End, where I am told he was despised, and they were very glad to see the back of him.

Certain managers are made for one club where they will be legends, but cannot change clubs easily - Coleman at Accrington, Ferguson at Peterboro and there are many others.

You're right, there wasn't any need for that. I apologise.

I'm just getting very, very frustrated at this whole situation. We should not be in this position at all.

It's also frustrating to see lots of Vale fans saying "no" to everyone without providing a name of their own. Equally as crazy as the people who thought Nigel Pearson would come here.

I'm really fearful of ending up in the conference.

Archived