onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Choosing and accepting a new job at Northampton is not 'ushered out the door' despite anything your chum disgraces the club by saying later.

He also has a very good position right now, and even you would accept his getting Vale into the top half of L1 compared to now.

He was learning, as were Bruno and Brown who I am not making excuses for - the difference was that despite some uninspiring displays away, Page's learning curve did not involve freefall down the table and ultimate relegation, followed by a real risk of being a non-league club.

I'd have him back any day, and our top half L1 placing with it.

No thanks, don't want him back and you are the only person that doesn't believe he wasn't managed out of the club.

Advert

Probably unfair to judge Hodgson at Palace at this stage, though I see your point. You can mitigate the chances of failure though by appointing someone with the experience and qualifications to do the job we require. Clearly, it's not a guarantee of success but it certainly gives you the best chance.

Quite right - at the moment we need someone we can rely on to avoid another drop (which this time would probably be into oblivion) and that's all about who poses the least risk of failure and the best chance of success. No one can 100% guarantee the success of the next manager but appointing someone who is well-qualified, knows the lower leagues well, what it takes to succeed, and has done well elsewhere will give us the best chance. So, managers from non-league, managers with less than 40% win ratio, and managers who serially failed elsewhere are best avoided imho. Always remembering as well that if you want quality, you have to pay for it!

No thanks' date=' don't want him back and you are the only person that doesn't believe he wasn't managed out of the club.[/quote']

'Managed out of the club' - is that what you call it?

Something we are paying heavily for now, and will do for some years more yet thanks to your loved one of an owner and a group of gobby posters who didn't like him not instantly making us into Real Madrid.

I never said that your deceitful chum didn't want to get rid of him, a decision that makes him and you both look like great football gurus, as you were constantly criticising him too, but he made the decision to leave himself.

I know you like playing with words, but you cant alter the facts of where he took us and where we are now. Your posts are short-sighted and constantly ignore the fact that your glorious pal of an owner has constantly made a mess of things, appointing 2 managers that failed and getting rid of the one that didn't.

Being better than Bruno and Brown is not an achievement.

He failed, very happy he's gone. Only at Port Vale could we find two worse managers, three if we gave the job to Westley.

Being top half of League One rather than 22nd in League 2 is an achievement though, isn't it ?

There have actually also been many worse managers than Bruno and Brown, bad as their results were, it was working under the font of all football knowledge that made sure they would not succeed.

Although I do not think either Bruno or Brown were good managers, either would have kept us up if the Godly owner had not deprived them of our top scorer Alex Jones, our one decent midfielder and our best player keeper JA, then withheld the funds to even sign a £10k replacement, leaving us with the crumbs of keepers with zero league games.

Of the three only Page got decent results despite gross interference, meddling and deceit from above.

You need to move on Bea and accept the facts he was managed out' date=' even I recognise the owners major failing has been his three terrible managerial appointments. He needs to ensure it's 4th time lucky.[/quote']

I know what happened, what I don't accept is your painful and inaccurate euphemism of using the the term 'managed out' which is a bit like calling the Holocast 'a final solution' and makes Smurf's vile deceit, plotting and lies - where he was seeing Page face to face and lying through his teeth on a daily basis for months - if you don't find that morally repulsive then you really are seriously deluded.

You need to move on Bea and accept the facts he was managed out' date=' even I recognise the owners major failing has been his three terrible managerial appointments. He needs to ensure it's 4th time lucky.[/quote']

Was Page a terrible appointment though? Ok so maybe the football was dire and there were some terrible results but by the measure of league position compared to where we are now or indeed where we largely have been in the past??

IMO NS found him a challenge to manage and rather than put the effort in to help RP he did indeed 'mange him out'..putting him in a position where he felt that he had to leave whether that be thru how he treated him or by not giving him the tools to do the job and in doing so undermining him. Yes it was ultimately his choice to leave but it wasn't exactly for positive reasons.

What we have definitely seen is three terrible decisions re our most recent three managers..one "dismissal" and two appointments...decision four whether that be to keep on the caretakers or recruit a new manager will define NS reign as we're either going to recover from where we are or go down the gurgler because of it.

I know what happened, what I don't accept is your painful and inaccurate euphemism of using the the term 'managed out' which is a bit like calling the Holocast 'a final solution' and makes Smurf's vile deceit, plotting and lies - where he was seeing Page face to face and lying through his teeth on a daily basis for months - if you don't find that morally repulsive then you really are seriously deluded.

You clearly don't know as even the owner's biggest adversaries will tell you he was so we will leave it there and move back to talking about the new manager and not another past failure.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He's probably cheaper than many/most other options so if that's part of the reason for choosing him then it would show a lack of ambition. He might work out but if he's chosen not cos we think we've unearthed a managerial gem but cos he's cheaper than the alternatives then that's saying "let's try and do things on the cheap"..which isn't very ambitious if the alternative is investing ins someone more likely to succeed based on their track record

If NS thinks he's so great then he should put his money where his mouth is and put him on a very well paid long contract...you can show ambition by backing they person you think can take a us a long way by investing in him and in doing so preventing him form being lured elsewhere.

Your point is spot on ! If the rumours I hear are true then the club are looking for a 40k a year manger. NS should put his hand in his pocket and pay as much as it takes (Probably nearer 150k) and get an experienced man in whom has good contacts and has a good chance based in his track record of succeeding.

If he doesn't, it's going to cost him a whole lot more than that in his lost investment.

That's the least the fans deserve for his daft decisions in the last couple years!

Come on NS you know it makes sense!

It makes sense to all fans but sadly NS will never learn. Cheap cheap cheap that's all he knows when it comes to a managerial appointment. I dread a Vale win cause you know what's coming.

Micky Adams DOF part-time with Morgan and Kelly head coaches.

Non league football here we come

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Archived