onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

As you state correctly hagrid the history of Morgan I know of, his record is dire and what I've stated is laughable but would 4pts from next two games be enough to get fans thinking about keeping things as they are?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

No. Complete clear out. This was a man advising the manager who relegated us and took us to the foot of the FL. A man who told us to "put our money" on the playoffs this year.

We can do so much better.

Advert

Can you say 100% that Morgan will fail?

Can you say 100% that a new experienced manager will be successful?

Didn't think so.

Redknapp Birmingham

Hodgson palace

Moyes Man Utd

Endless managers at Newcastle also

I don't see you've got a valid point tbh

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He's probably cheaper than many/most other options so if that's part of the reason for choosing him then it would show a lack of ambition. He might work out but if he's chosen not cos we think we've unearthed a managerial gem but cos he's cheaper than the alternatives then that's saying "let's try and do things on the cheap"..which isn't very ambitious if the alternative is investing ins someone more likely to succeed based on their track record

If NS thinks he's so great then he should put his money where his mouth is and put him on a very well paid long contract...you can show ambition by backing they person you think can take a us a long way by investing in him and in doing so preventing him form being lured elsewhere.

QUOTE=joey_pvfc;767078]This just sums up vale fans ambition, potentially settling for Chris Morgan as manager, and happy with Muppet weight controlling our club like a toy train set.

Incorrect on all accounts I said if,and nothing would delight me more than having a new brush at the helm but you will be waiting at the station for quite a while I would stick with your train set.

QUOTE=joey_pvfc;767078]This just sums up vale fans ambition, potentially settling for Chris Morgan as manager, and happy with Muppet weight controlling our club like a toy train set.

Incorrect on all accounts I said if,and nothing would delight me more than having a new brush at the helm but you will be waiting at the station for quite a while I would stick with your train set.

At least I no the fat controller isn't pocketing my money.

In all likelyhood you can say the chances of it working are lower than a fresh appointment as this person already has input into the failure of this season and last. If you look at the track record with Vale-

Page was assistant and stepped up and failed, Brown stepped up and failed, Glover stepped up and failed, Grews record was awful taking charge, Foyle was also not great. All had input into an already struggling team. If we look at this team as a perfect example we are struggling defensively on a massive level with mistakes personally and tactically. Morgan is the defensive coach, would you trust him to run 4 units if hes currently struggling to coach 1?

Time to think like NFL teams really if the team is doing well then the coaches underneath are ready to step up and have a go at managing themselves, if the team is struggling the coaches and the head coach take responsibility. You rarely see an NFL owner allow the offensive coach for a losing nfl team take the rains and rightly so in my opinion.

If youre a department manager at work and your store and your department is struggling- they would likely fire the store manager over time, would you expect a promotion if your department was struggling? you would certainly think you had dropped on if they booted you upto store manager surely?

Experience of turning round a slide is probably the most desirable or experience of doing well in that division. How many teams opt for Big Sam purely because he has and can keep sides in the league? not many would go for the assistant manager over him

Page didn't fail. Mind you he was previously working under a successful Adams regime that simply had a poor start to a season, unlike the current situation.

Page didn't fail. Mind you he was previously working under a successful Adams regime that simply had a poor start to a season, unlike the current situation.

A lot of people think he did, his football was painful to watch, his retained lists remarkably staggering and he's now been ushered out of the door at his previous two clubs.

Peanuts for loyal supporters

A lot of people think he did' date=' his football was painful to watch, his retained lists remarkably staggering and he's now been ushered out of the door at his previous two clubs.[/quote']

Away from home it was but some of our better home performances excluding the obvious ones from the promotion season were under Page.

Vale 3 Wigan 2

Vale 2 Sheffield United 1 (Uche masterclass)

Vale 3 Doncaster 0

Vale 1 Burnley 0

Away from home was dross though and cost us potentially making the play offs in his second season.

A lot of people think he did' date=' his football was painful to watch, his retained lists remarkably staggering and he's now been ushered out of the door at his previous two clubs.[/quote']

Choosing and accepting a new job at Northampton is not 'ushered out the door' despite anything your chum disgraces the club by saying later.

He also has a very good position right now, and even you would accept his getting Vale into the top half of L1 compared to now.

He was learning, as were Bruno and Brown who I am not making excuses for - the difference was that despite some uninspiring displays away, Page's learning curve did not involve freefall down the table and ultimate relegation, followed by a real risk of being a non-league club.

I'd have him back any day, and our top half L1 placing with it.

Said it on this thread after Morgan and Kelly were put in temp charge and it was clear there was no immediate replacement that there is a chance that Morgan and Kelly could string a good run together and end up being being given the job for a period of time.

Saturday saw a change in tactics, a better performance, a win tonight and then Saturday, confidence goes up and a few more good results and it would be a brave man who wouldn't give them the job 'til at least Xmas. This is a decent squad, it should do better, addition of a good, solid goalkeeper and someone who can supply quality ball up front a la Chris Eagles and Vale will scoot up the table.

Football management at this and probably any level is a lottery, it's the availability of money more than anything that weights the probability of success in your favor.

Being better than Bruno and Brown is not an achievement.

He failed, very happy he's gone. Only at Port Vale could we find two worse managers, three if we gave the job to Westley.

Archived