onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Absolutely.

I just wish our owner could remember what lies he told when he decides to bring up the points again!

Today he's ruled out Askey and says he hasn't been approached.

Let's see how that unfolds.

To be a good liar you have to have a good memory something which our beloved leader does not possess.

From what Smurf said on twitter yesterday I doubt we will have a new manager by the end of October mate. Which in my eyes is a bit of a joke.

The club is a joke from top to bottom with NS at the helm.

Even though he says it's BS he had his man but bottled on the basis of the backlash from social media.

You know we will end up with twedle dum and twedle dee in charge for a while until he can get his love child in from India.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using the onevalefan mobile app

Was Blakeman and Radio Stoke making it up when they said Askey had been spoken to?

I suppose its possible but it would be strange for Radio Stoke to run a story if they hadn't heard something, and were just lobbing any old rubbish out there.

Either way, someone's making things up. If only one of the parties had previous for doing so...

Smurf has learnt from his mistakes don't forget. He's decided to take his time with this appointment, like he did when Bruno left. He waited 6 months to give Brown the job full time, contributing to our eventual relegation. He's now learnt that he needs to create a similar period of uncertainty around the club, because it worked so well last time.

Any one that supports that man, is not a Port Vale supporter. He is a disgrace to the club, he damages it every time he makes a decision on it's behalf. To see some of the messages directed towards him on twitter from so called Vale fans staggers me. People begging him to return and sort everything out. People applauding the way he conducts himself on OVF, as though he's got "top banter". It all contributes to the club being looked at as a complete laughing stock, we're an embarrassment, and some people are encouraging the creature that is making us so.

I've got a horrible feeling that he is waiting to see if Morgan can pull a couple of good results off. Any other half decent club would have recruited someone by now. Chesterfield are about to announce their manager according to reports ...... why not us?

It needs sorting asap. The job doesn't need time not when there is over 60 applicants. It only takes time when you are trying do things on the cheap.

They've already whittled it down a bit. As Micky said last night, they need to decide what kind of manager they want. I honestly don't think they've had a clue in the past, and just taken the easiest option. It's been 10 days, you'd think there was someone in place before Saturday though.

As for Micky, I've seen his potential role has been discussed on this thread. I've been in favour of a DoF role at the club in the past, and still am. Until Garlick came along, we had no expertise in running a football club. Now he's there now, but we need some stability off the pitch to set the strategy and run with it. The manager should then be appointed to fit within that strategy. You don't find a manager and then decide on a strategy.

I fear that we are heading towards the latter here, unless Garlick has something in place. None of the names at the top of the betting are great (Horton - Ugh, Westley - For the love of god, no). I don't know why Askey is getting such a negative reaction. Anyone who knows Macc Town well enough knows that Askey has done a good job under restrictive circumstances. Yes, he hasn't managed in the league, but if you're looking for a manager who ticks all the boxes, you could be waiting a long, long time. We're going to have to take a risk on one part of a manager's CV at some point. More important is that the new manager is a fit for this club and its fans. Managers may have failed elsewhere, but this could be the right club for them.

My choice would be Coleman, getting him to leave Accy for us right now might be a problem though!

I've got a horrible feeling that he is waiting to see if Morgan can pull a couple of good results off. Any other half decent club would have recruited someone by now. Chesterfield are about to announce their manager according to reports ...... why not us?

Yeah and if you believe what you read it is set to be a club playing legend with virtually no managerial experience which we wouldn't want to do.

(Jack Lester)

Was Blakeman and Radio Stoke making it up when they said Askey had been spoken to?

I suppose its possible but it would be strange for Radio Stoke to run a story if they hadn't heard something, and were just lobbing any old rubbish out there.

Either way, someone's making things up. If only one of the parties had previous for doing so...

Just like they knew that Marc Richards was leaving as they were "in the know" only for Richards to sign a new contract! :doh:

If they started to do a good job why not?

Isn't Phil Sproson mates with Askey - perhaps that is where the story came from?

Archived