onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I'm thinking it could be Ronnie Moore or Mixu Paatelainen, or even more horrifically, that Stephen Constantine bloke that seemingly was one of his so-called "outstanding candidates" on his 3-man shortlist last Summer.

Please no! The thought of any of those makes me shudder. How on earth could anyone see Mingin Pantyliner as a potentially successful manager?

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

So Browns clowns will take charge of the Yeovil game then I take it?

We don't want the two clowns with Micky Adams as part time manager or Director of football.

It needs a full time experienced Manager like Steve Cotterill.

Norman needs to invest the money to ensure we don't get relegated.

The new manager will inherit Browns silly signings and hopefully be allowed to bring in a few players who are not contracted.

Get rid of the dead wood like Lainton,Forrester ,Montano and Barnett to make room.

NS said last night:

He has nobody in mind

He will wait to see who applies

It'll take as long as it takes to appoint the right manager

Seems like a strangely reactive (rather than proactive) strategy towards appointing a new manager given by his own admission didn't want to appoint Brown in the first place. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

So as it seems Smurf is looking for a hungry young manager with Adams as DOF.

For me it has to be someone like Gareth Ainsworth, John Askey, Justin Edinburgh, Steven Pressley for me it's got to

be Ainsworth done well at Wycombe I think it's to early and a difficult job for Askey

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

People keep suggesting Ainsworth but being realistic - why would he leave Wycombe to join the Vale ?

he is well respected at Wycombe, being there for years so well established there and presumably with his family in the community there as well.

doing a good job there

I can't see any reason why he would want to leave Wycombe to come to the Vale

I hate to see either ainsworth or aspin return. Not on the basis I'd think they'd fail, but because they are two ex players who are held in high regard. I would hate to see them got dogs abuse, like glover and foyle when they tried it. If it's a young manager please let it be somebody unconnected to our history.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

What young managers are out there as it would appear we are going with a DoF and i cant see many experienced older managers wanting to work under one

Agree, no experienced manager would want that. A scenario that's going round my head is, a Dof will come in, start to sail us into calmer waters, and then with a groundswell of support be appointed permanent manager until the end of the season. Maybe this is why there's no rush to appoint??

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

An interesting article about "Effect of manager turnover on team performance" from studies in the Eredivisie and Bundesligia. We can all think of exceptions to the conclusions drawn in the article and Vale are not in the top tier of English football but it does make for sobering and interesting reading.

A ray of light for the Vale is the statement, "The only situation where a managerial change might be beneficial would be in a club fighting against relegation, as a 3-5% change in performance — one to two points essentially — could make the difference between staying up and dropping down to a lower division."

One over-riding point not mentioned is the availability of money to strengthen the team, hopefully this will happen in Vale's situation and the new manager is given the appropriate funds to bring about at least safety in Lge 2.

http://www.soccermetrics.net/paper-discussions/manager-turnover-effect-on-team-performance-weel-paper

Ainsworth for me,most definitely !!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using the onevalefan mobile app

There is a scene in one of the brilliant Fawlty Towers episodes where Basil has accidentally groped a beautiful young Australian girl and then been caught hiding in her wardrobe by Sybil.

Sybil has had (unfounded) suspicions that Basil has been after the girl for a while but finally confronts him and asks-

'What makes you think that a young, attractive young lady like this would be interested in an ageing nauseous brilliantine stick-insect like you Basil ?'

Now if you substitute Vale and its owner for Basil, Ainsworth for the Australian girl, and the words stick-insect for alleged lardy fantasist there is a certain similarity with what is going on here.

Why in a million years would Ainsworth want to swap what he has at Wycombe for a ticket to what I have to sadly describe as our trouble and lunacy land ?

-ps You could substitute Coleman for Ainsworth too - why would he want the hassle when he is doing so well and is Smurf-free ?

There is a scene in one of the brilliant Fawlty Towers episodes where Basil has accidentally groped a beautiful young Australian girl and then been caught hiding in her wardrobe by Sybil.

Sybil has had (unfounded) suspicions that Basil has been after the girl for a while but finally confronts him and asks-

'What makes you think that a young, attractive young lady like this would be interested in an ageing nauseous brilliantine stick-insect like you Basil ?'

Now if you substitute Vale and its owner for Basil, Ainsworth for the Australian girl, and the words stick-insect for alleged lardy fantasist there is a certain similarity with what is going on here.

Why in a million years would Ainsworth want to swap what he has at Wycombe for a ticket to what I have to sadly describe as our trouble and lunacy land ?

We are a bigger club and are part of his greatest moment?

Archived