onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Micky's favourite with Skybet, 2/1, ahead of nearest favourite Edinburgh at 8/1.

Honestly what has been the point of the last 8 years? He arrived to a club with woeful ownership who were struggling in League 2, after his personal managerial standing had taken a bit of a battering.

What a waste of time its all been :laugh:

He would be favourite as smurf knows nothing else,so personally i would rule all the others out

Advert

Happy with Micky as a short term fix, to take over this week, pending the appointment of a permanent manager. The only manager we have ever had with a promotion to the Prem on his CV.

A short term fix for a week or two stating he will not be permanent then yes,otherwise we will never get out of the cycle..micky....his coach....micky.....his coach....micky....his coach....micky....his coach,sorry but thats how i see it

Adams will be involved somewhere. Smurf knows no-one else. All first year pros and anyone under 28 will be left out of the team to be replaced by over 30's. Wonder what Tranmere fans think of Adams? After all he did take them into non league.

Smurf says he will save us from non league but then again he said he would leave us better than when he came into the club.I thought two years ago we would end up in non league with Smurf. I really do hope I'm wrong.

Lets see, so far we've had

Sherwood, Coyle, Redknap, Pearson, Rosler, Adkins, Cotterril, Adams, plus a a few also rans who's next? Maybe some of you would like Pulis (never been relegated), Wenger if he gets the push this year. We are bottom of the leagues and look like it too, realism is needed!

As a club to give the job to Mickey Adams for a 3rd time is plain embarrassing, he did well, left for better things, failed, came back and . . . . failed, why would we want that again? Unless Norman is going to finance an experienced man (big if) i feel the worst.

I wouldn't say coming back and getting us promoted was failing ? I personally would love to see him back , passionate , tough , honest , experienced and a vale legend .

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Adams will be involved somewhere. Smurf knows no-one else. All first year pros and anyone under 28 will be left out of the team to be replaced by over 30's. Wonder what Tranmere fans think of Adams? After all he did take them into non league.

Smurf says he will save us from non league but then again he said he would leave us better than when he came into the club.I thought two years ago we would end up in non league with Smurf. I really do hope I'm wrong.

Adams was unable to save a much worse squad than Vale have - I know I saw them play.

Do people actually know what a Director of Football does?

It often includes long-term strategising regarding youth integration, signings, style of play, training etc. They ensure all of the off-the-field stuff is planned, coherent, and ensuring the stability of the club, so that, if the 'head coach' should leave, the club doesn't fall apart. It also often necessitates someone without an ego who will concede on the field matters to the headcoach, and not overstep their boundaries.

The words 'long-term' and Micky Adams do not go hand in hand. His longest ever spell with a club is 3 and a half years. With us.

Archived