onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Wasn't that before he came back and won us a spectacular promotion against all the odds?

Whats that got to do with the fact that he thinks he's above us?

Will never knock his managerial achievements or ability; he delivered the best season in my lifetime.

As a bloke, on the other hand...

Or the day that the Sproson statue was unveiled or comments that he made about fans collecting money in buckets.

People seem to think that I have an issue with Micky's ability. I don't.

Its his attitude towards Port Vale I have an issue with. Rob Page gets a lot of stick on here despite being very complimentary about us since he left; days after Micky had moved, he couldn't wait to underline how tinpot we were.

Events that you mention only make it worse. I'm sure people will look past them though. He probably would come in and 'steady the ship'. I'd just prefer it if someone came in, steadied the ship, and wasn't patronising towards Port Vale/disparaging of fans collecting money for their club in administration/dismissive of a club legend being honoured.

Maybe I'm asking too much.

Micky Adams has said he would help the Vale but would have to think seriously about going back into full time management. If that means steadying the ship until January when a new manager with a transfer window can be appointed, then fair enough. If he means vetting the applicants with Norman, great. I don't think he really wants to get back into full time management as he now has other business interests. Just hope Norman takes some serious advise before jumping in (Adams or Rudgue, but not a football agent).

Alan Stubbs looks promising. Managed Hibernian to a cup beating Rangers, their first cup in circa 100 years. Seems he may be interested- left Hibernian for Rotherham, failing there, but Rotherham are a club that had a bubble burst when reaching Championship and being unable to sustain.

Don't want Stubbs he bought poorly at Rotherham and expected them stay in championship

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Happy with Micky as a short term fix, to take over this week, pending the appointment of a permanent manager. The only manager we have ever had with a promotion to the Prem on his CV.

Jackie Mudie and Warney Cresswell did if you want to go back that for (before the Premier League was created).

Archived