onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown sacked

former ballboy

Advert

Can anyone clear up the situation with Brown.He has been sacked as manager but apparently remains registered as a player.Sure I read somewhere that Smurf wants to keep him as a player but can't find where I read it so might be wrong.

But IF he is to remain as player this has the potential to be a very awkward situation for who ever the new manager is.

Is he being kept as a player or not? Is he still registered as a player so he don't get two payouts (manager and player)?

It would seem daft to still keep him at the club as a player really.Not forgetting the squad is oversize anyway.But on the other hand could be useful due to the amount of injuries we get.

Can anyone clear up the situation with Brown.He has been sacked as manager but apparently remains registered as a player.Sure I read somewhere that Smurf wants to keep him as a player but can't find where I read it so might be wrong.

But IF he is to remain as player this has the potential to be a very awkward situation for who ever the new manager is.

Is he being kept as a player or not? Is he still registered as a player so he don't get two payouts (manager and player)?

It would seem daft to still keep him at the club as a player really.Not forgetting the squad is oversize anyway.But on the other hand could be useful due to the amount of injuries we get.

It goes without saying his playing registration with us would be cancelled as well. But if there is one club where the unthinkable could happen....

If that's true he goes with my good wishes and thanks for his efforts. Smurf should never have engineered Page out of the club, got done up like a kipper with Ribero and the unknown foreigners all on the same agent's books and Brown kept trying his best with the choas around him, eventually inheriting a poisoned chalice. He probably ran out of lives but more instability is only slightly less worrying.

A post that says it better than I ever could. And to those having a go at me minutes after the final whistle yesterday, you are so blinkered in your posts that you cannot see the real problem remains - and part of it is the mouthy few who have been on here who constantly support him.

It's their posts you should be concerned with.

Those who said 'anyone but Brown' will no doubt welcome Ryan Burge's infantile application, and those namong anyone decent should start buying lottey tickets as there is no chance.

As for the game yesterday, there was little wrong with the first half, but I must admit Brown sealed his own fate really with 2 things - not naming Pyke as a sub (if he was fit) and the substitutions. The only way to secure the game was to go for a second goal, but that is history now.

It is also the second time an opposition player has come on as sub and scored within seconds at Vale Park (Notts Co being the other) I think.

A shame, and I feel sorry for the man but not half as sorry as I feel for the club and its loyal supporters with the real problem hanging over us and threatening the very existence of Port Vale.

I gather Brown is financially secure so won't starve - but Port Vale are still in the Smurf proson camp until he sells.

I still have a certain amount of sympathy for Brown as it is was an impossible situation while Smurfthwaite is still incumbent. However, too many managerial mistakes sealed his fate, and substituting Turner and playing (again) just one up front when a second goal was needed ultimately caused his own demise.

Brown was clueless, should never have been appointed following our relegation. Did Smurthwaite get him to sign 5 wingers and not play any of they yesterday, not put a single striker on the bench when he knew that he was taking Turner off on 60 minutes. Sign half a dozed absolutely ***** goal keepers only to sign another on loan on the day of a game. Come up with awful excuse after excuse following defeats, the best I believe following the Luton game about having a man sent off. The man was terrible, he'll survive and we'll have a better chance of staying up now that he's gone.

I still have a certain amount of sympathy for Brown as it is was an impossible situation while Smurfthwaite is still incumbent. However, too many managerial mistakes sealed his fate, and substituting Turner and playing (again) just one up front when a second goal was needed ultimately caused his own demise.
The 2nd half was a familiar pattern with Brown and Page, hold onto a 1-0, Premier League style as they used to do it as players. But we do not have the defensive players/formation.

Archived