onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown Not Going!

scVale

Rumours on Face Book that apparently Brown won't be sacked tomorrow as the club can't afford to pay him or his staff off. An absolute disgrace.

As I said on FB though with Brown in situ Port Vale are going out of the football league. An absolute disgrace considering that when he took over we were 14th in L1 and only had a slight outside chance of relegation to L2. In fact the main reason that Bruno was sacked was because we were smarting because we had fallen away from the L1 playoffs! Glory days in comparison, Brown now has us on a one way ticket to the conference, loosing every game in L2. It's an absolute disgrace!!! It wouldn't be tolerated at ANY other professional football club in the country. As Ben said last night, it's typical Port Vale having no ambition and crying poverty. It's an absolute miracle that the club has survived in the league this long. An abomination, a disgrace, a shambled you name it. I honestly don't know how I'll come to terms with the club dropping out of the league next summer. It was bad enough this summer seeing us in L2. I'm trying cutting off emotional ties, not attending games etc but is doesn't work. This club is entwined not just in the community I was raised in but also my family. We've even recently had a family wedding at the club! The pain continues to run deep after every new defeat I see on here or flash scores, slowly bringing over 100 years of league history closer to an end. My people, my club slowly dying. It truly hurts. I can't just let it go but not doing so is going to cause so much pain

Advert

Rumours on Face Book that apparently Brown won't be sacked tomorrow as the club can't afford to pay him or his staff off. An absolute disgrace.

As I said on FB though with Brown in situ Port Vale are going out of the football league. An absolute disgrace considering that when he took over we were 14th in L1 and only had a slight outside chance of relegation to L2. In fact the main reason that Bruno was sacked was because we were smarting because we had fallen away from the L1 playoffs! Glory days in comparison, Brown now has us on a one way ticket to the conference, loosing every game in L2. It's an absolute disgrace!!! It wouldn't be tolerated at ANY other professional football club in the country. As Ben said last night, it's typical Port Vale having no ambition and crying poverty. It's an absolute miracle that the club has survived in the league this long. An abomination, a disgrace, a shambled you name it. I honestly don't know how I'll come to terms with the club dropping out of the league next summer. It was bad enough this summer seeing us in L2. I'm trying cutting off emotional ties, not attending games etc but is doesn't work. This club is entwined not just in the community I was raised in but also my family. We've even recently had a family wedding at the club! The pain continues to run deep after every new defeat I see on here or flash scores, slowly bringing over 100 years of league history closer to an end. My people, my club slowly dying. It truly hurts. I can't just let it go but not doing so is going to cause so much pain

Let's wait and see what happens eh? On the face of it I can't see a meeting of the board to do anything other than discuss his firing. Otherwise they could have the conversation on the phone with Brown to offer their support

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What a load of over-dramatic rubbish - a few losing results are part of the down side of football - if we are 6 or 10 points adrift then make a song and dance, but your post reads like one would if written by a ****** ****** ****** who should know better if they have supported Vale for any length of time.

There will be bad times - it isn't a disaster where hundreds have died - deal with it and stand up and support the club, manager and players to help get it right.

What a load of over-dramatic rubbish - a few losing results are part of the down side of football - if we are 6 or 10 points adrift then make a song and dance, but your post reads like one would if written by a ****** ****** ****** who should know better if they have supported Vale for any length of time.

There will be bad times - it isn't a disaster where hundreds have died - deal with it and stand up and support the club, manager and players to help get it right.

We'll see come next summer. Once we go adrift that will be it. It's the same every time this club gets into a relegation fight. Brown just hasn't got a club how to turn things around despite of what he says in the media. If he did we would surely see some improvement by now after nearly a full calendar year. This is truly the clubs lowest ebb and I honestly don't think that views such as this are over dramatic. I am pretty confident that I aren't the only one thinking this. As for the whining comments, we've all had a moan at a poor performance or slipping close to the relegation zone or getting outbid in the transfer market but this current situation goes beyond the pale. To actual be facing the possibility of going out of the league... heart-breaking.

Exactly Gallifreyan... that is where all of my emotion is coming from.

Head ....buried .......sand

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We'll see come next summer. Once we go adrift that will be it. It's the same every time this club gets into a relegation fight. Brown just hasn't got a club how to turn things around despite of what he says in the media. If he did we would surely see some improvement by now after nearly a full calendar year. This is truly the clubs lowest ebb and I honestly don't think that views such as this are over dramatic. I am pretty confident that I aren't the only one thinking this. As for the whining comments, we've all had a moan at a poor performance or slipping close to the relegation zone or getting outbid in the transfer market but this current situation goes beyond the pale. To actual be facing the possibility of going out of the league... heart-breaking.

Exactly Gallifreyan... that is where all of my emotion is coming from.

Justr to make it clear that I find it just as heart-breaking but consider that sacking Brown will not improve matters, rather like sticking a plaster over a broken limb.

The club will not fully recover in any meaningful way until Smurfthwaite goes, and getting rid of Garlick / Fradley / Brown will not help.

Results have been a disaster, but the best hope for Vle fans is that those of us who think that Brown can turn it round to some extent are right, that a lucky break or two and no more injuries and a couple of good results, will at least stop the rot and get us away from the foot of the league.

I never thought we could get promoted this season, but am still convinced that given an even break Brown and this group of players can steer the club well clear of the bottom 6 and probably to mid-table. Not great, and certainly not where we want to be long term, but from where we are now....

A final big thanks to Smurf and the posters like ****** who were not satisfied with Rob Page and his top 10 league position in League One for helping create the current situation.

Archived