Sign in to follow this  
RichG

Sky sports (Brown`s Future?)

On sky earlier, Smurf and Garlick to discuss browns future tomorrow. Brown was on saying they are working hard. We've got good players etc. Results will come.

Smurthwaite can't sack managers. He hated Page's guts and decided to "encourage" him to leave by slashing the budget. Seen as no other club will touch Brown I don't know what his cunning plan will be to get rid of him. Turn off the hot water? Play loud music into Brown's office? Park his Telsa in Brown's parking space?

What a joke of a man.

Smurthwaite can't sack managers. He hated Page's guts and decided to "encourage" him to leave by slashing the budget. Seen as no other club will touch Brown I don't know what his cunning plan will be to get rid of him. Turn off the hot water? Play loud music into Brown's office? Park his Telsa in Brown's parking space?

What a joke of a man.

Well whatever it takes, he needs to do it. It will be the one thing he's done right since he took over the club. What Brown knows about football management you could fit through the eye of a needle.

On sky earlier, Smurf and Garlick to discuss browns future tomorrow. Brown was on saying they are working hard. We've got good players etc. Results will come.

Hopefully, it will be a short discussion. Here are a few pointers for them:

* Failed to keep Vale in League 1 despite being 11 points above the drop zone when he took over

* Win ratio in League 1: 19.23%

* This is the third worst in club's history since records began in 1896

* Took Vale to the bottom of the entire football league within 7 games, with his own squad

* This includes a sequence of six straight defeats, scoring 2 and conceding 8

* Win ratio in League 2: 14.28%

* This is the second worst in club's history since records began in 1896

* Believes one win against the second bottom side next Saturday will transform Vale's season

So that's simple then, he stays.

Hope I'm wrong - we have no chance unless he goes.

Win ratio is a bit of a blunt measure, average points per game is a better indicator in my opinion

Brown 0.79

Sinnott 0.86

Glover 1.04

Gannon 1.06

Bruno 1.24

Foyle 1.29

Edited by toyahw

I'm here again with my crystal balls. He'll be told he has to win convincingly on Saturday. If Garlick and Smurf are happy with the manner in which a win is carried out he'll be kept on. Anything less and it will be fall on his sword time. But then again I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

What a joke of a man.

Anyone who buys and drives a Tesla has got problems imho and besides that is brown still registered as a player and if so can't be sacked or he will have a cast iron tribunal case for constructive dismisal

Anyone who buys and drives a Tesla has got problems imho and besides that is brown still registered as a player and if so can't be sacked or he will have a cast iron tribunal case for constructive dismisal

You cant claim constructive dismissal if you've been sacked!!! You claim cd when the actions of the employer lead you to resign. I think you mean breach of contract.

You cant claim constructive dismissal if you've been sacked!!! You claim cd when the actions of the employer lead you to resign. I think you mean breach of contract.

Unfair dismissal.

If I made constant mistakes at work I would be sacked, not unfair if he received the correct disciplinary warnings.

Even if Brown is in charge on Saturday against FGR, and by some miracle we win, he must still be replaced.

Correct, any kind win against FGR means nothing and change is still needed, quickly. We can't paper over the cracks any longer, this is getting serious now with our proud league-status at risk.

What a joke of a man.

He wants to be careful...constructive dismissal is a serious thing. Sacking costs money, constructive dismissal possibly costs less but does a lot of reputational damage...whether he cares about that or not I don't know