onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sky sports (Brown`s Future?)

RichG

Advert

Anyone who buys and drives a Tesla has got problems imho and besides that is brown still registered as a player and if so can't be sacked or he will have a cast iron tribunal case for constructive dismisal

You cant claim constructive dismissal if you've been sacked!!! You claim cd when the actions of the employer lead you to resign. I think you mean breach of contract.

You cant claim constructive dismissal if you've been sacked!!! You claim cd when the actions of the employer lead you to resign. I think you mean breach of contract.

Unfair dismissal.

If I made constant mistakes at work I would be sacked, not unfair if he received the correct disciplinary warnings.

Even if Brown is in charge on Saturday against FGR, and by some miracle we win, he must still be replaced.

Correct, any kind win against FGR means nothing and change is still needed, quickly. We can't paper over the cracks any longer, this is getting serious now with our proud league-status at risk.

Smurthwaite can't sack managers. He hated Page's guts and decided to "encourage" him to leave by slashing the budget. Seen as no other club will touch Brown I don't know what his cunning plan will be to get rid of him. Turn off the hot water? Play loud music into Brown's office? Park his Telsa in Brown's parking space?

What a joke of a man.

He wants to be careful...constructive dismissal is a serious thing. Sacking costs money, constructive dismissal possibly costs less but does a lot of reputational damage...whether he cares about that or not I don't know

Anyone who buys and drives a Tesla has got problems imho and besides that is brown still registered as a player and if so can't be sacked or he will have a cast iron tribunal case for constructive dismisal

Can you imagine Fradley and Garlick being clever enough to give him warnings.He can say they were still backing him last week.Just tell him he isn't cutting the mustard and can go back playing.If he,s not happy he knows where the door is and resign.

That is not constructive dismissal.

What he has done to our club is gross misconduct.

Might be wrong but from my understanding a football club 'sacking' a manager is not actually a sacking and so constructive dismissal wouldn't be applicable.

When a manager is 'sacked' they agree a compensation deal to pay off their contract. If they wish, they can hold out for full salary but the trade off is usually a restriction on working. Should the manager get a job in the meantime their new salary is taken off the money owed etc etc - this is why its a negotiation and can be described as 'mutual termination'.

I'd imagine him being a player won't be complicated. He won't be able to play for anyone until January but he will leave as both a player and a manager under mutual termination.

On sky earlier, Smurf and Garlick to discuss browns future tomorrow. Brown was on saying they are working hard. We've got good players etc. Results will come.

What are they working hard on in training? Because it seem's the same mistakes are made and nothing is learned.

Well whatever it takes, he needs to do it. It will be the one thing he's done right since he took over the club. What Brown knows about football management you could fit through the eye of a needle.

When Roberto Di Mateo left Chelsea it was widley reported his deal was that he was paid his full salary until he gets a job / end of his contract. Thats why despite being linked with every job under the sun he didn't work for a couple of years.

Basically that's what happens with all football managers. Unless they do something which is gross misconduct, or regular minor infringements like being late they don't really lose their jobs. Clubs are sometimes paying 3 or 4 managers. Not picking the right team is subjective, so you can't sack someone because somebody believes the wrong team has been selected.

Fair point, never thought of that.

How about sack him as manager.Then maybe put him on transfer list as a player.(free agent)

Strangely despite Gannon being an absolute car crash he spotted a young Romaine Sawyer's later to go for big money and another quality player Jay O'Shea .

Gannon had a lot of decent ideas, he just couldn't implement them, and the fans and players were not interested in giving any time to do it or even a pre season to build his own side. That's why I would always put brown and Sinnott below gannon and glover, because they built absolute atrocious squads as well as having no visible tactics or plan.

What about sacking someone due to the fact

that we have lost our last 6 matches, were relegated the previous season with the same manager, and lie bottom of the league. Those are grounds for the sack. Of course Smurthwaite may not have any money for the club, but plenty in his own pocket, so he won't want a pay off. The only way out is for him to sell the club, because I believe that Brown is

the only option for the chairman, in order to keep his money. If he manages to get us out if the bottom 4, which he won't, the chairman will be happy. Anything more drastic than that, ie

relegation to National League, will be met with venom by the stubborn one, who will sell up and get out of Buslem sharpish, leaving behind a trail of misery. He's a dangerous man Smurthwaite , and backed into a corner makes him even more so. I don't know the answer, as he won't sell the club , probably out of spite at this stage. The ball is in his court and that's the really sad thing. Brown is his pawn , and doing a horrible job of management. God help us. Very very long shot , but I'll keep buying lottery tickets. That's the only funny part of this sad post. Port Vale , look what they've done to you. Cheadle, Leake etc must be turning in their graves.

Archived