onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

I really am dreading this game. If Brown is still in charge and we lose things could get really ugly. I don't see why he should be still in charge because I have seen no improvement at all from the Wycombe game. However, I truly do believe that we will win this game whoever is in charge. I'll for 2-1 Vale.

Hornby

Wilson

Anderson

Smith

Denton

Worral

Tonge

De Freitas

Whitfield

Pope

Barnett

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

£23 to watch the two worst teams in the football league, mental. It's cheaper, and more enjoyable, to go out for a walk and have a spot of lunch somewhere. If we get a crowd of 3000+ on Saturday I'll be surprised.

It is £7 to sit on reclining leather seats to watch a 2 hour film in comfort at the Vue

FGR won 5 games ago compared to our 7 league games ago, with 5 goals we are joint lowest scorers and have conceded 1 more goal than Accrington in 3rd place, whereas FGR have conceded 19 the most goals in the league. So could be our 1st draw and FGR`s 2nd, so at least a change for us.

VF16 for some reason only known to Brown he has alienated Wilson and Denton. I see neither playing a part.

In little over 6 weeks we have used 20 odd players. He has dropped the guy he himself appointed captain.

Until he knows his best team or formation then I have no faith in beating anybody regardless of FGR goal difference or not.

The inconsistent team selection is staggering. Browns hokey cokey of in out in out.

ADF in from nowhere. Reeves disappeared. Stobbs seems pointless aquisition .

Vale 0 FGR 1 ...3163

Wilson has been injured and may not be ready to come back, I agree Denton seems out of favour for no visible reason, but those who pick the team see training and talk to players and those who post on here do not.

Wilson has been injured and may not be ready to come back, I agree Denton seems out of favour for no visible reason, but those who pick the team see training and talk to players and those who post on here do not.

Wilson isn't injured. Browns playing centre halves at full backs because he thinks it will make us more solid. Time will tell if this stubborness will carry over in to the Forest Green game, but playing Davis and Gunning isn't working unless your aim is to lose by only 2 goals or less.

The only way Brown will even begin to convince me that he is the man in this game is if we thrash FGR, keep a clean sheet, and put in a really good performance.

There's a pig...

For what it's worth my team would be:

5-3-2: Hornby; Wilson, Smith, Anderson, Gunning, Denton; Worrall, Tonge*, de Freitas; Pope, Turner

Subs: Boot, Yates, Davis, Middleton, Whitfield, Barnett, Pyke

More of a 3-5-2 in truth, if the wide men can get up and down the pitch. Please no 4 centre halves, although I agree we probably need an extra man there, as well as in the middle of the pitch.

Pope and Barnett are too similar for me - how can we expect Pope to run onto Barnetts flick ons?! It's bizarre, old fashioned tactics. Dan Turner has scored two goals - two more than any other forward - and hasn't even started a league game yet (I don't recall).

*Is he available for this one?

I feel ashamed to admit this but I actually want us to lose so it makes Browns position completely untenable. I feel a win would be a sticking plaster to give Norman the excuse to let it continue for another month. It's absolutely disgusting that I've been made to feel this way.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived