Emile

The White (Blue) Knight...

That's pretty much how I feel about the bloke too. However, if he employed and backed someone of Adkins ilk and started to turn around the mess he made then the new evidence would show he was learning from his mistakes and opinion should change to match that. All hypothetical of course, I don't see any of those things happening any time soon.

He has had a number of chances to learn from his mistakes and has shown no ability to do so. In that respect, he has a marked similarity with our current manager.

Sorry, wasn't saying he had announced it. I just feel like he might.

I would be very happy for him to come back and play saviour if it meant paying out for a decent manager and backing him in the window. I wouldn't exactly welcome him back with open arms though.

He could however, end his presidency on a high by doing the above then at the end of the season announce he has sold it to a decent owner who will drive us forward.

IMO Norman loves the attention and this could be his, probably, only way to get people to be positive towards him again. If he managed to do that, I believe he would want to stay on as the saviour. This would again be bad for the club long term.

Its a right old mess.

At the moment our FL status is the crucial issue. So if that is what it takes then so be it and deal with the rest once/if secured.

Agreed Smurth should come back, don't like saying it but he had to get a massive grip. Get the best manager we can at any cost. Adkins/Horton combo would do me. We have plenty of good players Brown can't get them organised or ready to win.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

At the moment our FL status is the crucial issue. So if that is what it takes then so be it and deal with the rest once/if secured.

I don't get this logic.

It was Norman's poor decisions that got the club into this mess.

There is absolutely nothing in the guy's track record as a football club chairman to suggest that he has the skillset to get us out of it.

If Norman wants to sell the club or even see it succeed, then he has to deal with the inept manager and his non performing management team NOW. If he wants to see the club go under and sell the land for a profit, then carry on because as sure as eggs are eggs, these ******* don't have a clue. What makes you think that Brown would make a good manager. As a player he was a ************, just like his mate Morgan. People didn't want Aspo as he was inexperienced, so we appoint an inexperienced coach with no managerial background, with two ******* who had achieved sod all.

You reap what you sow.

If ever bridges could be built now is the time to start the recovery. Norman, you were out of your depth as football is not your everyday business. You now know it and need to decide which way we go. It is your club / business but to us fans it is far more important than just balance sheets. There has been a lot of bad blood spilt, but as long as Vale Park stays aloft there will always be hope. Please spend whatever budget is available to bring in the experienced manager that you and us need to lead us on the path of recovery.

It is never too late.

Edited by Aussie Rules

As I see it, we are not 92nd because of lack of investment. We cannot have a lower budget than Morecambe & Accy to name but two. Smurf is the poison that is killing the club. He's clearly an odious man who is disliked by all and sundry. Until he goes, no amount of money will make any difference.

I don't get this logic.

There is absolutely nothing in the guy's track record as a football club chairman to suggest that he has the skillset to get us out of it.

Apparently in the past he sought Rudgies advice and ignored it, take it again if it is available, but this time follow it. No doubt there are other equally competent advisers about, as well as people willing to put mates into jobs, that is the dilemma.

I don't get this logic.

That's the crux of the matter and why he shouldn't be anywhere near the big decisions in the club.

The problem is, he will probably get a decent experienced manager in and if so I'll support the boys and hope we get out of this mess, but he's planning a second coming and the pilgrims will bow to him. And believe me some will. I know a few.

It all fits his ego.

Apparently in the past he sought Rudgies advice and ignored it, take it again if it is available, but this time follow it. No doubt there are other equally competent advisers about, as well as people willing to put mates into jobs, that is the dilemma.

He also took Billy Bells advice when he was 6 months passed!

Those who choose to believe anything he says really need to have a strong word with themselves.

The mans nuts. Clueless and nuts.

The problem is, he will probably get a decent experienced manager in

I suppose there's a chance he might chuck a bit of money in and end up with a decent manager that way, a bit like someone who knows nothing about wine picking a decent bottle on the basis it's more expensive than the ones at the bottom of the list.

After the way Rob Page was deceived and tricked into movi9ng, and the way Smurf is allegedly making unprofessional statements setting up Brown as a patsy and a scapegoat, I can't image Adkins, Horton or anybody else rushing to be employed by such an allegedly vile man.

If these rumours are true, he can neither be trusted or given any credibility, but my own opinion is that there is no chance of him paying out the money for Adkins and Horton and a load of new players, and those men are not stupid enough to come here without cast-iron guarantees of big cash support - the Norm won't get past the mousetraps in his own pockets and fund them, not a chance.

Those who want Brown sacked will probably get their way and leave us all with another inexperienced manager who will really struggle to keep us in the league. At the moment 2 wins would see us halfway, that wont be the case if a new guy comes and we get left adrift.

I suppose there's a chance he might chuck a bit of money in and end up with a decent manager that way, a bit like someone who knows nothing about wine picking a decent bottle on the basis it's more expensive than the ones at the bottom of the list.

More chance of the late Cyril Smith winning Strictly Come Dancing doing a duet with Stan Ogden than Smurf shelling out for that and some transfer funds for them.

Thoughts on our owner announcing his return to the club to fix the mess Brown (and more importantly he) created and;

- Bringing in an experienced manager

- Announcing he will 'back him' in the January window

Would you welcome him back? If not, what would you do instead?

What makes you think he will 'return' ? It's my belief he never left.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

I just wish that Smurf actually understood what this club means to its supporters. I know people ( as I'm sure you all do ) who have not missed a competitive game ( including away Anglo Italian ) for over 40 years. Vale is not just a balance sheet, for many people it is a way of life. He cannot just use it as a bargaining tool. I just wish he could realise this and make the right decisions to at least give us hope. At the moment I just hope the club survives. Because the chances of it going into oblivion is quite a real possibility. Today I have been to Stockport. On Saturday they have a 2nd Qualifying Round FA Cup tie against Curzon Ashton. At the moment, this scenario for us seems a distinct possibility. Assuming we're still in business 🙈

Thoughts on our owner announcing his return to the club to fix the mess Brown (and more importantly he) created and;

- Bringing in an experienced manager

- Announcing he will 'back him' in the January window

Would you welcome him back? If not, what would you do instead?

Yes IF -:

Stops taking cheap option with a manager and SACK Brown.

Appoints an experienced manager with knowledge of lower leagues who knows how to build a football club I.e Adkins or Cotterill

Appoints a direct of football to implement a proper scouting network with know how football clubs should run.

Backs the new manager and director of football with additional funding.

Stays in the background and allow the people employed to run the club in a professional manner.

Stays away from social media either gloating or goading fans.

Embarks on a charm offensive outside of PVFC to rebuild our tarnished reputation.

Finally apologises for the way he has treated fans during his tenure. It's not about the gamble last year which backfired but the bullying tactics he deployed towards fans which has really bugged me.

I would then welcome Smurf with open arms.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

At the moment 2 wins would see us halfway, that wont be the case if a new guy comes and we get left adrift.

Bea do you think Brown will get the 2 wins then if you don't think a new guy would?

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app