onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The White (Blue) Knight...

Emile

Advert

Re the covenant on Vale Park restricting the usage of the land and all its associated clauses does anyone know or have the means to find out::

Does it still apply if the 'football club' ceases to exist?

Does it still apply if we are no longer in the Football League?

I know a lot of people fear NS will if its in his interests to do so let the club 'wind down' cos he can then go on and sell the land for housing or whatever to recoup the money he has 'put in' but the covenant etc was put in years ago to prevent that sort of thing...but there may be situations that allow it to happen.

Does anyone know or have the means to find out?

It is not Garlick's job to decide who we should or shouldn't sign. It is his job to ensure the manager stays within budget and to carry out the necessary admin involved in signing the players.

There has been a move recently by some posters on here to start blaming Colin Garlick for the club's problems. In my opinion, this is absolute rubbish. He is a decent, honest bloke - Norman said so himself when he was appointed.

I feel you are wrong. He picked Brown over the summer.

I feel you are wrong. He picked Brown over the summer.

Brown was already under contract - a contract given to him by Smurf. Garlick has confirmed that the decision to appoint/sack Brown is not his alone. He told the Supporters Club this at the last meeting. He said any decision to remove the manager would be a joint one.

Re the covenant on Vale Park restricting the usage of the land and all its associated clauses does anyone know or have the means to find out::

Does it still apply if the 'football club' ceases to exist?

Does it still apply if we are no longer in the Football League?

I know a lot of people fear NS will if its in his interests to do so let the club 'wind down' cos he can then go on and sell the land for housing or whatever to recoup the money he has 'put in' but the covenant etc was put in years ago to prevent that sort of thing...but there may be situations that allow it to happen.

Does anyone know or have the means to find out?

There are no such stipulations as far as I can remember.

Brown himself has said he has only spoken to Norman a couple of times so he is not interfering in the team matters.

He has given Brown a reasonable budget more than last year plus the 350 k from January.

If it wasn't a reasonable budget why has he managed to sign all these players to make a squad of 35 players.

Instead of signing experienced players he has gambled and signed kids and players not good enough for league football.

Instead of having a squad of around 25 experienced players he has wasted it and Garlick has approved it.

Trouble is most of the signings are not very good and a few are always on the treatment table.

I absolutely despair at some of the responses to this.

We are where we are.

I thought there might be a bit of a split on this.

But, what do you suggest we do? I know you dislike Smurf as much as anyone else. If tomorrow he comes out with 'Ive sacked Brown and will be returning to running the club on the day to day basis. My first priority is installing an experienced quality manager' - what would you do? Boycott till he sells?

What if then, he brings in a quality manager? What would you do? You know that some fans will take him back - just look at the responses.

Are you willing to just boycott the club until he sells? Even if were playing well and have a decent manager? Would everyone else do the same?

As it was referred to in a previous post, this could be engineered for Smurf to come back as the good guy, pretty much the only way he could be received that way. AND, I think it will work with the majority of fans at least until he ***** it up again.

One thing I don't understand is why Smurf would be asking fans about their opinion on the return of Horton. Surely if you are going to appoint a new manager, you look at the applicants, interview them and pick the best one? This business of asking fans seems bizarre - it sounds like Norman is very unsure of the way to move the club forward.

I thought there might be a bit of a split on this.

But, what do you suggest we do? I know you dislike Smurf as much as anyone else. If tomorrow he comes out with 'Ive sacked Brown and will be returning to running the club on the day to day basis. My first priority is installing an experienced quality manager' - what would you do? Boycott till he sells?

What if then, he brings in a quality manager? What would you do? You know that some fans will take him back - just look at the responses.

Are you willing to just boycott the club until he sells? Even if were playing well and have a decent manager? Would everyone else do the same?

As it was referred to in a previous post, this could be engineered for Smurf to come back as the good guy, pretty much the only way he could be received that way. AND, I think it will work with the majority of fans at least until he ***** it up again.

There is no evidence that as sole owner of Port Vale Smurf has any idea what he's doing.

In fact, its the polar opposite. There is overwhelming evidence that his decisions actively damage Port Vale (see the last 18 months). Why would people even consider the idea that he might be any good now?

Its nothing new. People didn't wake up to V2001, people aren't waking up to Brown, people aren't waking up to Smurf. Its same old, same old. Vale fans get given ineptitude and gratefully lap it up.

What if he brings in a quality manager? Something he's failed to do in his 3 appointments at the club? 2 of his appointments now out of league management and the 3rd currently holding the 2nd worst win % in Port Vale history?

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

I honestly can't be bothered mate. I'm finished. I've argued for years now, and despite being 92/92, as low as we've ever sunk, people still greet the return of the architect of said downfall with "well, he's failed in every other decision so far, but maybe this time it will work, as I don't know anything better". It sickens me to see other clubs like Bournemouth who have been at our level living the high life, our neighbours drawing with Mourinho's Man Utd, as we sit rock bottom and think "yeah, give Smurfie another bash". We can do so much better.

There's nothing I can do. I'm well and truly ****** off with Port Vale and its supporters at the moment. I probably won't boycott as Vale's too much of a routine for me, and I enjoy football too much. I think I'll just give up the notion that we can ever aspire to anything other than abject rubbish, as long as the fans are quite happy with papa Smurf riding back in.

Turned into a rant but there's a reason we've been so bad for so long.

One thing I don't understand is why Smurf would be asking fans about their opinion on the return of Horton. Surely if you are going to appoint a new manager, you look at the applicants, interview them and pick the best one? This business of asking fans seems bizarre - it sounds like Norman is very unsure of the way to move the club forward.

If the fans recommend Horton and it goes **** up then Smurf can blame the fans.

Archived