onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The White (Blue) Knight...

Emile

I just wish that Smurf actually understood what this club means to its supporters. I know people ( as I'm sure you all do ) who have not missed a competitive game ( including away Anglo Italian ) for over 40 years.

Anglo-Italian games were for glory-hunters compared to the ChuckitOut Trophy we're in these days.

Advert

I don't expecta win at Luton, and would be vey pleaed with a draw. If we lose but play well, then Brown should at least stay for Forest Green,

To lose to FG would be a disaster though.

Football is a stupid game, so there is every chance of beating Luton and then drawing or losing to FG - what would people think of that ?

Luton lost 3-0 and a defender for tomorrow's match so let's be brave and get stuck into them. Brown is thinking about the opposition too much instead of us imposing our game. The 4 centre halves he played against Notts and Coventry were because they had no width. Still think we need Wilson and Denton as wing backs to get us up the field. However, Premier league has shown recent fashion for at least three central defenders. When we talk about getting big ball up to Pope just watching West Ham and they are just getting it up to Carroll albeit with Hernandez alongside him. This is why Pope needs Pyke or Barnett within 10 yards of him. At the moment nothing to lose so go out and give it a real go with no fear!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

When was this announced?

Hasn't been, but has been talked about as a possibility. This is what I wrote on a different thread last Tuesday:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?32096-Smurthwaite-PR-expert&p=760215#post760215

The one thing you have to bear in mind with Fradley and Garlick is that Norman wouldn’t have put them in charge if he thought they were going to make him look bad.

He is setting them up to fail. Quite deliberately as part of a premeditated strategy.

I'm sure Big Tone means well but he's been put there by Norman to make Norman look good. He's his patsy. Two different people close to the club have told me that.

Before a recent home match I was speaking to a box holder who has been quite supportive of Norman up until recently. Norman is still in contact with the few friends (clients?) he still has left at the Vale.

He told me that Norman has been at pains to stress that it was Colin Garlick alone who appointed Michael Brown as manager; Norman is distancing himself from the appointment now that it’s all going t*ts up. This person also told me that Norman thinks that when things go really wrong, he can waltz back into the club and be welcomed back by the supporters with open arms. Even Norman’s old mates in the posh seats are doubtful about this being the foolproof idea Norman thinks it is. You should have seen the look on this bloke's face when he told it to me.

So that’s where Port Vale Football Club is in 2017. This whole shambles is being orchestrated by an narcissistic owner trying to set up the current management team to fail for the sake of his own vanity.

I'd be disappointed if people buy this and welcome Norman back with open arms.

I don't expecta win at Luton, and would be vey pleaed with a draw. If we lose but play well, then Brown should at least stay for Forest Green,

To lose to FG would be a disaster though.

Football is a stupid game, so there is every chance of beating Luton and then drawing or losing to FG - what would people think of that ?

It's also full off stupid people who were saying give him until Christmas last week.

Now it's until Forest Green.

The clown Brown is not going to turn it round.

At least if Norman gets rid after tomorrow's game he has the opportunity to change things. Bad luck means that we are stuck with Browns signings until January although there are a few non contract players still not fixed up.

Micky Adams managed to work with ************ Smurf despite his meddling and built a reasonable team despite him.

A strong Experienced Manager could do the same and if we can consolidate this year may even do better next.

The only way is down with Brown.

Question would you waste any more money to support Brown if you were Smurf?

Hasn't been, but has been talked about as a possibility. This is what I wrote on a different thread last Tuesday:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?32096-Smurthwaite-PR-expert&p=760215#post760215

Brown himself has said he has only spoken to Norman a couple of times so he is not interfering in the team matters.

He has given Brown a reasonable budget more than last year plus the 350 k from January.

If it wasn't a reasonable budget why has he managed to sign all these players to make a squad of 35 players.

Instead of signing experienced players he has gambled and signed kids and players not good enough for league football.

Instead of having a squad of around 25 experienced players he has wasted it and Garlick has approved it.

It's not fair to ask if people would be happy for smurf to come back and make a good decision... the bloke makes stupid, unknowledgable, nieve decisions again and again. What makes people think he would get it right this time.

History tells us he will mess it up again... whilst adding to his loan balance... meaning his valuation of the club goes up... meaning someone who could actually take the club further becomes less likely to buy it.

The negative spiral of smurf continues... it will only quicken the more he is involved.

Anyone on this thread who supports this idea is supporting the decline of Port Vale.

Some are doing it as they refuse to accept the are wrong. Some are doing it because they don't understand what's happening. Some are in smurfs pocket.

All of them are fools.

One bloke is Killing our club and a few are standing by and applauding/ defending him while he does. Sickening!

Brown himself has said he has only spoken to Norman a couple of times so he is not interfering in the team matters.

He has given Brown a reasonable budget more than last year plus the 350 k from January.

If it wasn't a reasonable budget why has he managed to sign all these players to make a squad of 35 players.

Instead of signing experienced players he has gambled and signed kids and players not good enough for league football.

Instead of having a squad of around 25 experienced players he has wasted it and Garlick has approved it.

It is not Garlick's job to decide who we should or shouldn't sign. It is his job to ensure the manager stays within budget and to carry out the necessary admin involved in signing the players.

There has been a move recently by some posters on here to start blaming Colin Garlick for the club's problems. In my opinion, this is absolute rubbish. He is a decent, honest bloke - Norman said so himself when he was appointed.

It is not Garlick's job to decide who we should or shouldn't sign. It is his job to ensure the manager stays within budget and to carry out the necessary admin involved in signing the players.

There has been a move recently by some posters on here to start blaming Colin Garlick for the club's problems. In my opinion, this is absolute rubbish. He is a decent, honest bloke - Norman said so himself when he was appointed.

Also, much play is made of manager contacts, but who prepares player profiles/assessments/medical reports? Is it mainly the scout at the Vale or left to informal chats?

Hadn't seen this post but came to the same conclusion with regards to him coming back in and saving us once again.

My thoughts are this is his mess and he's proven he can't make the right decisions so I want him gone, but what do we do if he does the above plan? Refuse to watch the club until he goes? Reject anything positive in the meantime? The sentinel will have a feild day.

I can't see a positive way out of this mess without another admin.

This can't happen soon enough for me.

I just fear that some fans will see it as too little too late. He's got to be worth giving one last chance.

I would welcome him back. His heart is in the right place but was just poorly executed last time.

There's no hope for you two.

And the others who would welcome him back.

Eventually you will get the club you deserve.

Actually, you've already got it.

Archived