onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The White (Blue) Knight...

Emile

If it came to it I would sooner we spend five seasons in the conference if it meant us getting rid of the cancer in our club.

He said he would leave us in abetter place than when he took over. Well that will be the day he leaves.

Come on Smurthwaite keep your promise by going NOW.

Advert

Could I just be happy that he had got PVFC a good manager and backed him? Do I have to either admire the man or hate him? Is there no in between stance I could take and just be happy the football team I support are doing better (in this hypothetical scenario at least)?

I don't admire him. I don't hate him. I just think he is completely out of his depth in trying to run our football club and our ongoing demise since he took over is evidence of this.

If it came to it I would sooner we spend five seasons in the conference if it meant us getting rid of the cancer in our club.

He said he would leave us in abetter place than when he took over. Well that will be the day he leaves.

Come on Smurthwaite keep your promise by going NOW.

Not saying I want Smurf , not at all

But I know for certain we do not want Non league football

Smurf IS the cause of where we are now

Brown has not helped at all but the blame lies with Smurf and 2 years of poor leadership

Will also add that it will take a hell of a manager to get anything from this bunch

Our squad is awful.

Lets compare with our near neighbours at Crewe

Would they want anyone from our squad to improve their own squad ?

I don't admire him. I don't hate him. I just think he is completely out of his depth in trying to run our football club and our ongoing demise since he took over is evidence of this.

That's pretty much how I feel about the bloke too. However, if he employed and backed someone of Adkins ilk and started to turn around the mess he made then the new evidence would show he was learning from his mistakes and opinion should change to match that. All hypothetical of course, I don't see any of those things happening any time soon.

That's pretty much how I feel about the bloke too. However, if he employed and backed someone of Adkins ilk and started to turn around the mess he made then the new evidence would show he was learning from his mistakes and opinion should change to match that. All hypothetical of course, I don't see any of those things happening any time soon.

He has had a number of chances to learn from his mistakes and has shown no ability to do so. In that respect, he has a marked similarity with our current manager.

Sorry, wasn't saying he had announced it. I just feel like he might.

I would be very happy for him to come back and play saviour if it meant paying out for a decent manager and backing him in the window. I wouldn't exactly welcome him back with open arms though.

He could however, end his presidency on a high by doing the above then at the end of the season announce he has sold it to a decent owner who will drive us forward.

IMO Norman loves the attention and this could be his, probably, only way to get people to be positive towards him again. If he managed to do that, I believe he would want to stay on as the saviour. This would again be bad for the club long term.

Its a right old mess.

At the moment our FL status is the crucial issue. So if that is what it takes then so be it and deal with the rest once/if secured.

Agreed Smurth should come back, don't like saying it but he had to get a massive grip. Get the best manager we can at any cost. Adkins/Horton combo would do me. We have plenty of good players Brown can't get them organised or ready to win.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

At the moment our FL status is the crucial issue. So if that is what it takes then so be it and deal with the rest once/if secured.

I don't get this logic.

It was Norman's poor decisions that got the club into this mess.

There is absolutely nothing in the guy's track record as a football club chairman to suggest that he has the skillset to get us out of it.

If Norman wants to sell the club or even see it succeed, then he has to deal with the inept manager and his non performing management team NOW. If he wants to see the club go under and sell the land for a profit, then carry on because as sure as eggs are eggs, these ******* don't have a clue. What makes you think that Brown would make a good manager. As a player he was a ************, just like his mate Morgan. People didn't want Aspo as he was inexperienced, so we appoint an inexperienced coach with no managerial background, with two ******* who had achieved sod all.

You reap what you sow.

If ever bridges could be built now is the time to start the recovery. Norman, you were out of your depth as football is not your everyday business. You now know it and need to decide which way we go. It is your club / business but to us fans it is far more important than just balance sheets. There has been a lot of bad blood spilt, but as long as Vale Park stays aloft there will always be hope. Please spend whatever budget is available to bring in the experienced manager that you and us need to lead us on the path of recovery.

It is never too late.

I don't get this logic.

There is absolutely nothing in the guy's track record as a football club chairman to suggest that he has the skillset to get us out of it.

Apparently in the past he sought Rudgies advice and ignored it, take it again if it is available, but this time follow it. No doubt there are other equally competent advisers about, as well as people willing to put mates into jobs, that is the dilemma.

I don't get this logic.

That's the crux of the matter and why he shouldn't be anywhere near the big decisions in the club.

The problem is, he will probably get a decent experienced manager in and if so I'll support the boys and hope we get out of this mess, but he's planning a second coming and the pilgrims will bow to him. And believe me some will. I know a few.

It all fits his ego.

Archived