onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Coleman

dantheman

Advert

Isn't Coleman the brother in law of Gerry Keenan and a bit of a Vale fan? Maybe him and Keith Hill at Rochdale are just meant to manage at that level. Both would do a job for us

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

I think you are correct when you say that certain managers have a certain level, just as players do. Neil Warnock is a prime example of this. The problem with Brown is that his managerial level is miles below the Club we support. Sunday morning parks level at best.

Coleman's playing career took in a lot of non league semi professional clubs such as Marine and lastly Ashton Utd. So he knows intimately that level of football and how to move through its tiers up to League 2. I expect that gives him skill in spotting players who can step up through the non league tiers to full time professional level. The limitation of his experience is that he has not managed or played at higher levels. That would be a new experience for him and Vale is a bigger club than his last attempted step up at Rochdale.

By contrast Brown has played at higher levels. But he seems to have difficulty translating that higher level professional playing experience into management at League 1 and now 2 levels. In my world I don't want to cause someone to lose their job, but there has to be a point very soon where failure is admitted before harm to the club becomes irreparable and both parties move on in life / existence. I have made my mind up that not beating Luton and Forrest Green is that point for me. I don't see Coleman as the answer at PV, he is the answer at Accrington.

If there is managerial change it must be got right, a proven experienced manager. A Ronnie Moore / Micky Adams type.

Isn't Coleman the brother in law of Gerry Keenan and a bit of a Vale fan? Maybe him and Keith Hill at Rochdale are just meant to manage at that level. Both would do a job for us

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

Was Garlick at Rochdale when Coleman was Manager?

He could ring him from his jollees to sound him out.

The least we need is Micky back as caretaker when the inevitable happens on Tuesday.

Or get Steve Cotterill in to steady the ship.

Why would Coleman give up a good job Managing a team in the play off places to come to Port Vale.

Was Garlick at Rochdale when Coleman was Manager?

He could ring him from his jollees to sound him out.

The least we need is Micky back as caretaker when the inevitable happens on Tuesday.

Or get Steve Cotterill in to steady the ship.

Why would Coleman give up a good job Managing a team in the play off places to come to Port Vale.

'Lardie Len' reckons Cotterill is more likely to jump ship?

Let's actually look at Vale for what it really is without all the political anti smurf crap. (smurf is a weapon but you lot seem to think he's a cross between hitler and lucifer).

Vale are-

One of 3-4 largest clubs in the league and are far better known to be noticed as a manager than most clubs in this league

Have one of the larger budgets in the division hence why we have a squad of 35 plus pros

A chairman who does have personal wealth and CAN should he choose purchase players or expand the budget without relying on crowds

A CEO and Owner who now leaves the manager to his own plans and let's them get on with thing. Hence why we have 3 loan wingers, 4 CBs playing yet have brought in full backs....etc....

Managers won't care about what the fans think of the owner that's not their issue. In terms of the real world nitty gritty Vale is a good proposition for a manager who wants to progress. Not often will they have a club that can get crowds of 6,000 if doing well on league 2, sign 15 players and get rid of 10 and be able to appoint a chief scout, coach, assistant manager etc... most have to keep the backroom team at this level. We aren't in a great position in the league but let's not actually confuse our feelings towards the owner with thinking every club on the planet is better run than ours....they aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

We may be a large club, but we have no divine right to be in this league let alone the league above. We are being run and managed like a non-league club, with even the very basics like selling food items on a match day making us a laughing stock. The marketing and promotion of the club is non-existent and you rarely, if ever, hear about anything Vale related other than on the club's Twitter account.

Where is the example of a 5 year plan to develop the club and the facilities? What are our aims and goals going forward? What plans to we have to develop the marketing side of things? What about tidying up the stadium and finally completing the seats in Lorne Street, let alone the rest of the stand? Where are we with box take up and what are we doing to get people in?

The chairman is barely heard from, apart from to issue a voice of confidence in the manager. The CEO is incredibly quiet and never seems to come out to speak about the plans. The owner is well, leading an interesting life on Twitter. How does any of this make us attractive to a new manager?

There is no evidence of any growth on the pitch whatsoever. On the pitch we have a strategy of throw money at the team and hope eventually something lands. It's like constantly throwing darts at a dart board and hoping you hit a treble, rather than focusing your darts at one point. It's not working.

• 4 months later...

I have huge respect for what Coleman has achieved at Accrington but I have to admit he fell considerably in my estimation with his behaviour yesterday. His intimidation of the officials at half time was not pleasant to see. His gesturing and laughing at the Vale fans at the end was rather pathetic. His post match interview, in which he accused Vale of time wasting from three minutes onwards was a complete joke.

A good manager but an unpleasant bloke - with a team of cheats.

How he can even dare accuse other teams of anything unsporting is absolutely insane after his Rochdale teams performance at Vale a few years ago and the fact that one of his evidently players handled the ball into the net yesterday.

He even admitted the handball and seems to say it was fair as we had time wasted in his opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I have huge respect for what Coleman has achieved at Accrington but I have to admit he fell considerably in my estimation with his behaviour yesterday. His intimidation of the officials at half time was not pleasant to see. His gesturing and laughing at the Vale fans at the end was rather pathetic. His post match interview, in which he accused Vale of time wasting from three minutes onwards was a complete joke.

A good manager but an unpleasant bloke - with a team of cheats.

I always used to respect the good footballing sides he built at Accrington.

Yesterday was a lot nearer to his awful Rochdale side he brought to Vale in 2012.

Archived