onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Protests next Saturday 2

Advert

If we spent as much effort on supporting the players on the pitch than thinking of ways to further demotivate players, de-stabilise the club further maybe there could be a more positive outcome.

I am disgusted at fans openly admitting they want us to lose rather than pull out of this situation, or boycotting games.

Now Im not saying Brown will turn it around but surely the best outcome is for the performances and results improve and we climb the league with the current management team in place. That way we get where we need to be and it doesnt cost a bagload of money in paying up contracts of at least three of the higher paid staff at the club.

Or maybe i'm not understanding the concept of supporting your club... I'm open to being educated!!!

surely the best outcome is for the performances and results improve and we climb the league with the current management team in place.

When you come to the conclusion that realistically isn't going to happen then you have to take steps.

Wishful thinking on it's own won't resolve our problems, although I'm similarly open to being educated.

If we spent as much effort on supporting the players on the pitch than thinking of ways to further demotivate players, de-stabilise the club further maybe there could be a more positive outcome.

I am disgusted at fans openly admitting they want us to lose rather than pull out of this situation, or boycotting games.

Now Im not saying Brown will turn it around but surely the best outcome is for the performances and results improve and we climb the league with the current management team in place. That way we get where we need to be and it doesnt cost a bagload of money in paying up contracts of at least three of the higher paid staff at the club.

Or maybe i'm not understanding the concept of supporting your club... I'm open to being educated!!!

Supporting my club = Wanting us to succeed

Wanting us to succeed = Doing what I can to remove Brown and Smurf

Doing what I can to remove Brown and Smurf = Not attend.

The opposite of supporting my club = Wanting it to fail

Wanting it to fail = Perpetuating Smurf's ownership and Brown's tenure

Perpetuating Smurf's ownership and Brown's tenure = Turning up to games, regardless of satisfaction of direction the club is going, thereby financially sustaining Smurf's ownership and giving every indication to Smurf that you have no issues with his running of the club.

I've always been baffled by people's inability to grasp such a basic concept. I can draw you a little flow chart if visual aids would assist in your education.

well my opinion for what its worth I don't think for 1 nano second that brown can turn us around, or he would have done second half of last season or at least these past 7 games. As for climbing the table you've bob hope, the management team? what do they do during the training sessions- we can't score, we can't defend,we don't have a game plan...

I too want to support the team but even they don't seem to know what to do! perhaps just perhaps they and the management team need awake up call, by going each match and clapping them off they think oh well we lost but the fans support us, answer me honestly of the manager, his team, and our players who will be with us non league?

I may come across negative but I love the Vale its in the blood, and whats happening to my club is tearing me apart the only solution for me is to show ns-brown plus his team-and even the players what they are delivering is not good enough by half, the sharp shock now needed is a empty ground...

Quite a lot of similar posts from the "enlightened few" criticsing the fans who go to the games. People support their club through thick and thin, good and bad. People buy their season tickets every year because its Port Vale and its in their blood to go. Its not that easy to turn off from going because things are **** at the moment.

Everyone can see we're in a mess, and comments from the same people across multiple threads saying the ones going to games are to blame for the clubs mess are a load of rubbish. If people are insecure enough in their own beliefs, convictions and actions that they need to come on here and slag off other fans to try and justify how they have seen the light whilst others haven't are wide of the mark IMO, just because people go doesn't mean they are blind to it but they want to support their team. Nothing wrong with that and no fan deserves criticism for that, this isn't some 1980's picket line.

Just stay away if you want to or better still stand outside the dressing rooms before and after the game and see who joins you, because it will happen when fans want it to happen. A lot of the comments from those few on here making out they're on a higher level than those that go do nothing but turn me off from their 'cause'.

It astounds me how some people can't understand short term pain for long term gain

A blind man riding a horse in the opposite direction could have seen what would happen at the start of last season once Smurf meddled, got rid of Page, experienced players and made the decisions he has over the last 18 months and in fact a lot of people said it back then, but you do what you want to do, don't try and make out anyone not jumping on your protest and boycott bandwagon is in some way inferior because they want to go and watch the team.

Archived