onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Protests next Saturday 2

Advert

A bit of self-immolation might get some decent attention for our plight in the national press.

Imagine a cross between the album cover for Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and David Pleat running across the pitch that time Luton avoided relegation. But on fire.

Replace a Pleat with his rear end on fire with Smurthwaite and by jingo I think you are on to a winner Santa.

I appreciate all the reasons to protest about the manager's performance and the team's consequential recent performances. No doubt we have had some bad luck and some of the players are also to blame, but the team selection and result at Luton convince me a change is needed.

That said I dread who Smurf may appoint. He forced out a manager who had us stabilized in League 1 in an abusive fashion, went on to appoint an inexperienced foreign manager flooding the squad with overseas players who didn't adapt or were not good enough, then appointed by promotion another inexperienced manager in Brown when an experienced appointment may have prevented relegation.

However, I sit in the Lorne Street stand. I have bought a guest ticket as well as attending with my son as season ticket holders. I do not wish to be in the midst of a rabble of abusive drunken scum on a vendetta protest elbowing regular seat holders out of the way.

Police and stewards - I know you monitor this site. Please note what I have said and prevent uncivilized / unlawful disorder from happening.

If protesting, boo Brown is enough. Smurf is the owner and has to make the decisions, he can see what we as supporters can see. He can see vocal protest, he can see social media comments, he can see journalist opinion, he can listen to Radio Stoke, he can see who is not attending and not buying in the club shop. That is enough to encourage change without a drunken rampage which has been seen in the past including at Accrington a few years ago.

I wish to sit peacefully in my seat on Saturday and consume my pie in comfort. I hope the team wins, but if it is another painful experience, then I will sit through it - and come to the next game. At some point, if there isn't improvement / change, I will give up. I live too far away to keep giving up whole days to dreadful football. In the end it is the commercial impact which must influence Smurf's decision making.

That said make no bones about it a full boycott on season ticket sales would see the present owner running for the hills.

.......while putting the club into voluntary liquidation. He'd get what he could out of it while on his way out of the exit door, probably more than he could if he decided to sell. Meanwhile Vale, if they stay in any semblance of existence, start the new season in the Northern Premier, if even that high up the pyramid.

I do not wish to be in the midst of a rabble of abusive drunken scum on a vendetta protest elbowing regular seat holders out of the way.

Police and stewards - I know you monitor this site. Please note what I have said and prevent uncivilized / unlawful disorder from happening.

I wish to sit peacefully in my seat on Saturday and consume my pie in comfort..

Warren on a mad one as usual.

Someone I doubt the football intelligence cell give a toss what some nutter from the Wirral orders, Warren.

I do not wish to be in the midst of a rabble of abusive drunken scum on a vendetta protest elbowing regular seat holders out of the way.

drunken rampage which has been seen in the past including at Accrington a few years ago.

I haven't seen anyone suggest nor encourage a drunken rampage with regular seat holders being elbowed out of the way.

Whilst I am sure there are some nutters who may harbour thoughts of acting in such a way the overwhelmingly vast majority who protest (if they do) will do so in an effective but civilised manner.

Anyone who goes OTT with their protests deserves the full force of the law as well as any action that the club may take.

I hope that you enjoy the game Warren, that you witness a win and if there are any protests that they achieve their aim but don't spoil your day

The only solution was the one that up until now has proven to be too big a sacrifice on so many 'dyed in the wool' fans but this is the only sure fire solution and that is a total boycott of purchasing season tickets. Anger that we are all feeling at this time would see sales at the present time be almost nil time though heals and a few weeks away and optimism brings a large percentage me included back to hand over their cash. That said make no bones about it a full boycott on season ticket sales would see the present owner running for the hills.

The problem is that for many this action is a 'bridge too far' but Smurthwaite's ownership will see this happen as we slip ever lower down the football pyramid but it will be a long painful period until he leaves the 'bare carcass' of a once proud football club.

a boycott on season tickets is for next season if ns is still here, its this season we've got to save... boycott the match, empty seats will talk volumes on tv...if you want to go don't spend anything, nor in the shop...its his pocket he will notice hit.

Its not doing any good arguing with each other, lets do something positive before its too late...

The only solution was the one that up until now has proven to be too big a sacrifice on so many 'dyed in the wool' fans but this is the only sure fire solution and that is a total boycott of purchasing season tickets. Anger that we are all feeling at this time would see sales at the present time be almost nil time though heals and a few weeks away and optimism brings a large percentage me included back to hand over their cash. That said make no bones about it a full boycott on season ticket sales would see the present owner running for the hills.

The problem is that for many this action is a 'bridge too far' but Smurthwaite's ownership will see this happen as we slip ever lower down the football pyramid but it will be a long painful period until he leaves the 'bare carcass' of a once proud football club.

Want to make a bet on how many we sell? How about £10? You could up it to £100 if you like then just refuse to pay out.

I think we may see on Saturday that the ST sales we were told, were actually false.

I didn't believe them at the time and I don't now.

I think the gate will be very close to 3000, meaning that we get no paying customers and close to 600 ST holders not coming. That may be the case but I think we were told a pack of lies. As usual with things that come out of the club.

This is a serious question. Does anyone think that Smurfthwaite gives a damn one way or the other about the footballing side of his investment ? As he owns the ground he is always going to get his money back on the sale of the land alone. These issues I find more worrying than the situation regarding the inept manager.

Archived