onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scrap betting Ads on shirts ?

Mario

Advert

Shirts look better with no sponsors name - club shops should sell versions without that name on too.

I would assume that's part of the sponsorship deals. Of course, they could always sort out deals where they could sell them as patches to add on (like they do the FL ones on the arms), but we'd probably make less money.

One thing to keep in mind is that many lower league clubs would suffer even more without their main sponsorship deal, & the gulf between the PL & the rest is big enough as it is.

I would assume that's part of the sponsorship deals. Of course, they could always sort out deals where they could sell them as patches to add on (like they do the FL ones on the arms), but we'd probably make less money.

One thing to keep in mind is that many lower league clubs would suffer even more without their main sponsorship deal, & the gulf between the PL & the rest is big enough as it is.

Of course you are right, but it's a shame it has to be that way. Selling our souls - it makes me sick watching the otherwise brilliantly entertaining Caribbean Cricket League that nobody ever scores a 6 anymore - they HAVE to name the sponsors (someone called Hero) and simperinly say 'Oh he's scored a 'Hero Maximum' - the commentators are actually contracted not to use the word six to describe what has been a part of cricket for decades.

How long before Match of the Day has brain-dead pundits discussing Manchester United's winning 'Sky netbuster' ?

Tessa Jowell will be livid about this but it's great news for the Tories if Sjoke fans decide to vote against this policy.

Let's ban the National Lottery next along with 24 hour drinking,let's ban kids from pubs and advertising fast food.

Go for it Labour.

Dunner worry Tony,Labour's money tree is at it's greenest.Do they actually know how much is paid to the Exchequer in tax on betting?They'll change their minds next week.

They think they are being clever opposing everything the Gov is trying to do.J Arthur Rankers.I noticed it's always when they become the next Gov,as in future.Per chance to dream.

Advertising in general may work, if it's a type of product you want to use. For example hair shampoo or soap powder etc etc. But if you never wash your hair or never clean your clothes (like the people who hang around Hanley Bus Station) you are not suddenly going to start using these products. So consequently people who have not previously gambled will not suddenly start gambling, even if encouraged to do so by the appalling "Professional Cockney" Ray Winston. If this scenario did occur, we wouldn't have those disgraceful examples of human beings outside Hanley Bus Station. Actually, they would still be there, but at least in a far more presentable manner.

Whilst I would prefer clubs not to have ads on their shirts and if they are going to have them I would prefer they were sponsored by something promoting health/sport or something positive rather than alcohol, gambling etc I'm not in favour of a ban re gambling companies. Gambling is legal and not intrinsically bad for you.

There is I guess a sort of precedent with the tobacco sponsorship ban that came into force some years ago but I see smoking as different as it is intrinsically bad for your health and it was part of a wider campaign.

Perhaps a way can be found to incentivise clubs to look elsewhere for sponsorship via levies/taxes on sponsorship related to gambling/alcohol such that they don't receive as much money from the sponsor and so other offers will be more attractive.

I see Ray Winston mentioned..not just a 'professional cockney' but an admitted tax dodger...ideal for fronting a bookie

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ray-winstone-didnt-pay-tax-1768447

On p&g on radio sjoke a caller mentioned having a bet and the presenter said we don't condone gambling on this radio station,but they mention bet365 about 20 times a day.

Good point,it's hypocritical.Where do we draw the line on advertising,do we be ban all betting advertising on tv or just on football shirts?Do we keep National Lottery advertising because it's supposedly for a 'good cause',the same goes for the Health Lottery?

Opening up a can of worms here.

Archived