Sign in to follow this  
News Feed

Michael Brown is backed by chairman and CEO

Port Vale’s chairman and chief executive have both offered their backing to underfire manager Michael Brown. CEO Colin Garlick told the Sentinel: “Let’s be patient and let’s be supportive, this still is the early throes of the season. “I have quoted my old club and Blackpool [who went on a late run last season]. These […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Obviously Fradley and Garlick are not listening to the fans and havnt got the balls to sack Brown. They won't admit that they have made a stupid mistake by appointing him.

He should have been sacked at the end of last season.Brown is worse than Gannon and Sinnot and his less than 20 % win record proves it.

Are they willing to carry the can and get us relegated again.

Fradley is just playing with Norman,s train set that is heading to oblivion.

To be fair, it is correct for the club to make an official statement given fans unrest. It has been stated that they will give it a dozen games and see where we are then. So in my eyes they indicate that Brown has until the Grimsby home match on 7th October to improve results. Let's hope he does. Big hint MB- play two strikers up front. Another big hint- pick players in their favoured positions (two centre backs at centre back, two full backs at full back, two wingers, not three wingers) Another big hint- once hint two is implemented, try not to make too many changes to every starting line up.

The vast majority of fans want you to succeed and we will support you if you appear to make rational team selections. Finally, hint four- set out to win each game rather than to try and avoid defeat. There isn't much quality in L2 and we should never be so defensive at home.

The dreaded vote of confidence.

Think the powers that be are waiting for Barnett etc to come back from injury to see if we really do have goals in the side, which we clearly lack,Then it would paint a true picture of our real predicament and ultimately decide Browns future as the Vale manager.

Think the powers that be are waiting for Barnett etc to come back from injury to see if we really do have goals in the side, which we clearly lack,Then it would paint a true picture of our real predicament and ultimately decide Browns future as the Vale manager.

Fair enough - a team with Lainton back, a defence with Smith, probably Gunning, Denton, Davis and one of the others, (yet to know if the Burnley lad is any good) - but with Tonge, Whitfield, Worrell, Harness, Stobbs, Pyke, Barnett, Pope to choose from and Montano if he finds form plus Turner and Reeves - if a decent 11 from these is available things will look very different. Apologies to anyone forgotten.

Ally Simcock writes an excellent review of the current situation in the Sentinel, much more balanced and sensible than many on here who should know better.

Fair enough - a team with Lainton back, a defence with Smith, probably Gunning, Denton, Davis and one of the others, (yet to know if the Burnley lad is any good) - but with Tonge, Whitfield, Worrell, Harness, Stobbs, Pyke, Barnett, Pope to choose from and Montano if he finds form plus Turner and Reeves - if a decent 11 from these is available things will look very different. Apologies to anyone forgotten.

Ally Simcock writes an excellent review of the current situation in the Sentinel, much more balanced and sensible than many on here who should know better.

Would Barnett really have made up look like a good team against Crewe?

Would Barnett really have made up look like a good team against Crewe?

I'm not psychic or nearly as clever as you think your posts are, so you know I cannot answer that. However, Barnett and a decent referee plus a little luck could well have seen a different result. ******** ********.

Edited by Aussie Rules
Attaking the poster instead of the post

I'm not psychic or nearly as clever as you think your posts are, so you know I cannot answer that. However, Barnett and a decent referee plus a little luck could well have seen a different result. ******** ********.

Could you let me know what the last two words say please. Then I'll know if you are 'punishing' me or not. If it's a more naughty word than troll, I'll presume so, and then get rightfully upset about it.

Is it not the case that legally speaking they have to back him because if they undermine him he can claim for constructive dismissal, hence the term dreaded vote confidence. The board im sure will be massively concerned about results and i would say a defeat against Cov and hes history

Is it not the case that legally speaking they have to back him because if they undermine him he can claim for constructive dismissal, hence the term dreaded vote confidence. The board im sure will be massively concerned about results and i would say a defeat against Cov and hes history

What difference would constructive dismissal make, they would have to pay up his contract anyway.

Why have you quoted me when asking a question that requires a knowledge of law ?

Don't try to make things worse by saying a defeat that is expected at Coventry (and Luton) - two of the favourites for promotion would be a disaster - it is the games after that Vale should be expected to win.

A rubbish manipulative post from 'lets hope we lose' Matt.

Could you let me know what the last two words say please. Then I'll know if you are 'punishing' me or not. If it's a more naughty word than troll, I'll presume so, and then get rightfully upset about it.

The last 2 words were not swear words. and referred to the fact that you seem to follow my posts around, but if it keeps you off someone else's back, then that is something.

I see you got your dad Nick to join in now. Your attempts at sarcasm would be ok if they came from a 9 year old.

Why have you quoted me when asking a question that requires a knowledge of law ?

Don't try to make things worse by saying a defeat that is expected at Coventry (and Luton) - two of the favourites for promotion would be a disaster - it is the games after that Vale should be expected to win.

A rubbish manipulative post from 'lets hope we lose' Matt.

Sorry Bea but that total pish, Brown is under performing. If he was to get a result against both Cov and Luton then fair play he starting to sort stuff out. If he loses then that's 6 games on the bounce he's lost, he can't moan and say well Cov and Luton were promotion favourites because he's lost to Crewe, Notts County, Chesterfield, Wycombe who were prior to that.

It's not a case of hoping we lose, my comment was if brown is to fail it's better to lose 7 straight and leave someone coming in with 20 odd games left than lose 10 games over 3 months and leave someone coming in 12 games to save the season.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Sorry Bea but that total pish, Brown is under performing. If he was to get a result against both Cov and Luton then fair play he starting to sort stuff out. If he loses then that's 6 games on the bounce he's lost, he can't moan and say well Cov and Luton were promotion favourites because he's lost to Crewe, Notts County, Chesterfield, Wycombe who were prior to that.

It's not a case of hoping we lose, my comment was if brown is to fail it's better to lose 7 straight and leave someone coming in with 20 odd games left than lose 10 games over 3 months and leave someone coming in 12 games to save the season.

Your words are there for all to see, unless you are changing your mind and starting to give the manager and club the support they need from all of us right now.

There is no logic in your argument, as the games against Crewe, Leeds, County and the rest have gone - and if they are the results that are bad enough for a change of manager (to who? remember it is Smurf paying !) then be honest enough to say he should go right now - because if Vale play reasonably at Coventry and/or Luton but fall to more crappppy refereeing, red cards or just bad luck then that is no reason to sack the manager.

That's provided there are signs of improvement and we don't lose both 0-5 or something.

Most teams wont get much at those places, I will be encouraged though not ecstatic if we play well and get a point or two there and hopefully then beat Forest Green.

Once Pyke and Pope get off the mark and score, and with Tonge and Worrell behind them, things will look a lot better.

Edited by Bea Smith

Your words are there for all to see, unless you are changing your mind and starting to give the manager and club the support they need from all of us right now.

There is no logic in your argument, as the games against Crewe, Leeds, County and the rest have gone - and if they are the results that are bad enough for a change of manager (to who? remember it is Smurf paying !) then be honest enough to say he should go right now - because if Vale play reasonably at Coventry and/or Luton but fall to more crappppy refereeing, red cards or just bad luck then that is no reason to sack the manager.

That's provided there are signs of improvement and we don't lose both 0-5 or something.

Most teams wont get much at those places, I will be encouraged though not ecstatic if we play well and get a point or two there and hopefully then beat Forest Green.

Once Pyke and Pope get off the mark and score, and with Tonge and Worrell behind them, things will look a lot better.

There you go again Bea blaming poor refereeing ,red cards,bad luck and wishing us to lose to Coventry and Luton.

By then we should be rock bottom and according to your philosophy (sorry forgot you can't understand big words I mean thinking)the only way is up.Sorry to disappoint you but the only way is down into the conference where you and your die hard friends can continue to support Michael Brown after he drags us down.

To be quite honest if we lose to Coventry I think your mate Smurf and his puppets Fradley and Garlick will have to do something.

Despite your comments about Smurf I don't think even he wants to see his investment go down the drain and will do something to get rid of Brown. The only support Michael Brown needs is to find the exit door.

Congratulations Bea by backing Brown you are supporting Smurf.

Edited by Erniemossrules

Here is logic to my arguement I've already said he should have gone after saturdays game. You are now saying that we can't expect anything from the Cov and Luton games which just sums up your total lack of ambition and it really is fans like you that allowed this once great club to be in the mess it's in now.

Let's be brutally honest the red card was a straight red card, not bad luck it was a shot tackle over the ball studs showing. There has been no poor refereeing, in fact if brown put half as much effort into tactics as he does moaning at the officials he may be a better manager. Where is the bad luck? Barnett- spent half his career injured, Forrester spent most of his career injured, Pugh is getting on abit, Laintons career has been blighted by injury, Yates has been injured a lot over the last 2-3 years and tonge won't do more than 60 mins in the majority of games this year. That's not bad luck that's **** poor planning with signings and the retained list. Bad luck is signing 10 players who are usually injury free and 6 picking up injuries not signing 10 sick notes and them being injured.