onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Steely Dan founder dies

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

Yes Bea! No time for clever, intelligent songs and brilliant musicianship. You stick to listening to the Bay City Rollers!

Seems the great British public didn't agree with you, sad man.

Boring amerikana AOR for Texan lorry drivers with no brains.

NOt keen on BCR either but at least they didn't look AND sound like they never discovered bars of soap.:laugh:

ps Their lyrics are almost as clever as Agadoo and the Birdie Song though, I will give you that,

Care to give some examples of the 'clever, intelligent stuff' ?

Will it be like their oh-so-funny name which appeals to kids reading puberty and boring creeps who think the height of being rebellious is sneezing in a library ?

How many million albums have they sold worldwide? Seems like a lot of people agree with me! As usual if somebody disagrees with you, you resort to personal abuse! I am not sad. I'm actually quite happy apart from Saturday afternoons at the moment!

Err.. now who started any personal abuse with a snidey snipe about liking the Bay City Rollers? Don't be a liar as well as having dubious taste,please.

I am entitled to my opinion that they are and were grossly over-rated and fawned over, and was talking about UK sales as the UK is the mome of pop/rock music and this is generally accepted by the world.

I am glad you are happy, keep that way and your Saturday afternoons will be as well befiore too long, just try and listen to some decent music as well.

For any musos on here (I always saw Steely Dan's music as being more for musicians than general consumption, not that I'm a serious musician) it's widely thought the "Mu Major Chord" was their signature sound...nothing complex really just adding the major 2nd (or 9th) to a major chord.

Typical Steely, getting me thinking about such things. Quite challenging!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived