onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Coventry City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

How long will sicknote (Lainton) be out for now? Him and Forrester must be best mates the amount of time they spend together on the treatment table.

Everyone knows about Laintons injuries problems,I feel sorry for the lad,but we should have looked elsewhere for a keeper,same with Forrester why sign injury prone players? I see that Montano could be out for months with a hamstring,we must be an accredited centre of excellence for the treatment of hamstrings.

I'll start with the performance.

Why sign Lainton? No point in him. I said that he'd be injury prone given his record of 70 games at 27 and was shot down. Nowt he could do for the goal. Hornby nowt to do.

Backline - Davis and Gunning aren't very good, but they're out of position. Smith is going backwards. Kay is abject. Whats the point? We had Wilson and Denton on the bench, with Anderson too. Why persist with a backline that clearly isn't working?

Midfield - Middleton is awful. Doesn't offer anything. Whitfield isn't a central midfielder and looks lost. Wingers either drifted inside or were bypassed as we went route one.

Forwards - Barnett only glimmer of hope. Great leap and first touch, though not much else. Looked better unfit than Pope has all seen. Sorry Old Sage, he's done. Its like playing with 10 men. We're carrying him. He isn't fit and isn't contributing. You can rattle on about service all night long but his potential for aerial prowess (which wasn't on show today as he didn't win a header till the 97th minute) isn't worth what little he offers in open play. He needs to be dropped and go down as a sentimental balls up.

ADF should have started. More energy and impetus than the rest of the squad combined.

Dire performance. As bad as it gets. They weren't very good bar Vicenti and Jones. We created very little. Route one to the target men. No wing play. Weak midfield. We have no plan and no approach. Brown has his little chats. Nothing happens. 15 games, 11 with no goals. Bottom of the 92. Stop defending him. Theres no signs that he's doing things right. Everything is being done wrong.

In other news, I've given up. As I watched us plummet to the bottom we can feasibly go before we probably go out of existence, I glanced over at the directors box and saw Smurf slumped over the barrier. Fradley was sat there, looking quite happy that his payment into Smurf's back pocket had nailed him VIP treatment at away games.

I fought for the club in 2010/11, and honestly feel like it was a waste of time and energy. We've regressed. I don't enjoy games anymore, home or away. I've spent countless hours arguing that Smurf would ruin us, and that Brown doesn't know what he's doing, but now its all coming out, I feel a tiny bit of anger mixed with overwhelming apathy.

Still some fans (and Blakeman) insist of giving him time. There's still fans who tell me Norm 'saved us' and is 'doing his best'. I'm done.

If Smurf dares to read this tonight, I ask him to honestly consider what he's doing to something we all love. I sat next to some Wolves fans on the way back and if they hadn't have seen my shirt, I wouldn't have admitted I was a Vale fan. I'm ashamed.

I am literally begging at this point that, Mr Smurthwaite, having seen what you saw today, with the justified vitriol towards Brown and the players at the end, and the depression consuming the club; sell up. Please. I'm done arguing it, I'm done calling you names. I'm done. Please.

Its all a bit hyperbolic, melodramatic, and 'woe is me', but I can't justify the Vale to myself anymore.

Have a good weekend folks.

How can we sign so many wingers, and play with 3-4 during any game, and have no ******* wing play! What a ******* shambles.

brown is signed up as a player why does he not put a shirt on and play to show the others how to play the game he say he's a winner and does not like losing so put the shirt on for the luton game and show the fans that are left how you want the game played if not why are you been paid as a player.

brown is signed up as a player why does he not put a shirt on and play to show the others how to play the game he say he's a winner and does not like losing so put the shirt on for the luton game and show the fans that are left how you want the game played if not why are you been paid as a player.

It would get him away from the dugout if nothing else.

Today we looked like a team playing to get their manager sacked. We were very poor, no shape, nothing. After six games last season Hartlepool had 6 points and Leyton had 10. They both went down.

thanks for that Jean i felt bad enough after watching that today.reading your post about hartlepool and Orient just about puts the tin hat on it.

Today we looked like a team playing to get their manager sacked. We were very poor, no shape, nothing. After six games last season Hartlepool had 6 points and Leyton had 10. They both went down.

Thanks.....Thats made me feel a whole lot better lol.:laugh:

Archived