onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Demise of Port Vale

Beza

Its not the owner or the players killing the club, its the awful tactics of one man. I truly believe that there is a top half team within our squad if we play to our strengths. One up front isn't working, and there is only one person who can't see this.

What absolute nonsense.

Also "there's only one man who can't see this"

Really?

Because anyone with an ounce of power would sack the man. Yet he isn't sacked because obviously there are more people who can see this. Sadly.

Michael Brown should go. Tomorrow. I totally totally agree.

Yet it is the owner who is destroying this great football club and people like you cannot see it.

What happens if Brown gets sacked? I'll tell you what happens. An even cheaper, more inexperienced man comes to the helm. Why? Because that's the track record of employment by the current owner. Nothing will change until that man leaves the club.

My stepfather is a big Stokie. He stormed the boardroom many seasons ago to get rid of the icelandics. My mum went mad. He could have got arrested and even worst.

We spoke about it at Xmas. I asked him would he do it again. Absolutely he said.

Say what you want about them down the road but they wouldn't argue between themselves for years and then keep blaming others. They would act. They did.

Supporters need to wake up and act. And act at the cancer. The root cause. Norman Smurthwaite.

Advert

What absolute nonsense.

Really?

Because anyone with an ounce of power would sack the man. Yet he isn't sacked because obviously there are more people who can see this. Sadly.

Yet it is the owner who is destroying this great football club and people like you cannot see it.

What happens if Brown gets sacked? I'll tell you what happens. An even cheaper, more inexperienced man comes to the helm. Why? Because that's the track record of employment by the current owner. Nothing will change until that man leaves the club.

My stepfather is a big Stokie. He stormed the boardroom many seasons ago to get rid of the icelandics. My mum went mad. He could have got arrested and even worst.

We spoke about it at Xmas. I asked him would he do it again. Absolutely he said.

Say what you want about them down the road but they wouldn't argue between themselves for years and then keep blaming others. They would act. They did.

Supporters need to wake up and act. And act at the cancer. The root cause. Norman Smurthwaite.

The Stokies also tried to get at Peter Coates in the directors box back in the days before the Bet 365 money.

You are wrong.

All of what he said is fact and what he found out recently.

Kelly Molineux accountants (the old mitre inn) do the accounts for Norman and deal in his other businesses.

In return, they don't get paid. They get a box. That's fact. Turn a blind eye to it if you want but it's true.

As are two other boxes. One of which we all know and then there is a fabricator who also has a box and has been doing work in Norman's hotels. Fact.

I'm amazed that there has been no comment from the person who has one of these boxes the one who a lot of people have known about for a long time.Who was also selling seats in his box for the Crewe game at £20.

£20 for a seat in a box Mmmm

You are wrong.

Kelly Molineux accountants (the old mitre inn) do the accounts for Norman and deal in his other businesses.

In return, they don't get paid. They get a box. That's fact. Turn a blind eye to it if you want but it's true.

As are two other boxes. One of which we all know and then there is a fabricator who also has a box and has been doing work in Norman's hotels. Fact.

The man himself can deny it all he wants but he's full of ****.

Michael Brown doesn't have a managers contract.

Did you know that they could keep him on as a player and tell him thanks but no thanks?

But that won't happen. Because we then have to pay a managerial wage.

Last week, home choose carpets got "upgraded" to match sponsor because there wasn't one.

This week another free box lot are also match sponsor.

Did you know the programme fillers are finding it hard to make a programme because of lack of sponsors?

Players can't get sponsored.

Boxes are given away for Smurthwaites own businesses. They are doing work for him OUTSIDE the football club.

That is FACT.

You can say whatever you want Matt. All I have said is happening and people need to wake up. And very very quick.

And the cowardly bully that is Norman Smurthwaite, who checks this and other sites like a hawk every night, can come on here and call me out and answer to what the **** he is doing at our great club but 1) he doesn't like to debate or argue with people who he knows are getting a little to close to home for his liking or 2) he will spout more of his ******** lying crap he's spouted for the past 2 years or more.

The man is cancer.

How long have I banged on about this. I'm like a stuck record. And yet I sit here amazed that too many supporters cannot see that in 7 months time we could very possibly be a non league club for the first time in our 141 year history.

Please people.

Wake the **** up.

Didn't Colin Garlick give Brown a permanent contract at the beginning of a he season.

Wonder if Brown saw the light and gave himself a player contract to cover his back.(and everybody says he is an idiot)

If what you say is true Garlick should get rid of Brown now.

If Smurf wants to save his investment he should appoint a recognised Manager in place to f Brown or as Director of Football.

If he doesn't it shows he has an agenda to drive Vale out of the league and is a spiteful idiot throwing his toys out of his Pram.

Lucky if the club is worth 1m now in its present state.

Problem is if another buyer like Manorshop or Synectics come in they might be stupid enough to give Brown another chance(to add to the chances he has already had).

Not particularly liked Smurf from day 1 and it didn't take me long to realise he was bad news. I asked myself the question why would someone who doesn't support the club want to pump money in to a business that was almost definitely not going to return him his money, this is a business man who claims he wants to make a profit and has no experience of running a business like a football club before and insisted in doing it alone. By the way he revels in the public attention when things go well and his arrogant dictatorship I came to the conclusion he was in this to drive his own ego and for some fun now he has retired with Port Vale being his play toy. Unfortunately it wasn't long before his looney decisions meant Port Vale came crashing down and his followers turned on him and being the spiteful little **** he is he now wants nothing to do with his new toy and just wants to leave it in the corner to rot.

Unfortunately Smurf can write off the money he has invested and call it a bad investment and live the rest of his retirement with the millions he has left but Port Vale may well be none league or even disappear by the time this happens.

What absolute nonsense.

Really?

The trouble is though, fans have been brain washed, somehow, I don't no why fans cannot see that smurf is the root problem, I don't attend home games because of him, and haven't since 2016, there needs to be a protest / boycott of some sort, if you keep going, and moan about the result but are happy to hand your money over to smurf then you deserve a badly run club.

The trouble is though, fans have been brain washed, somehow, I don't no why fans cannot see that smurf is the root problem, I don't attend home games because of him, and haven't since 2016, there needs to be a protest / boycott of some sort, if you keep going, and moan about the result but are happy to hand your money over to smurf then you deserve a badly run club.[/quote

If everyone took your advice and boycotted home games you would very soon have no away games to attend.

The trouble is though, fans have been brain washed, somehow, I don't no why fans cannot see that smurf is the root problem, I don't attend home games because of him, and haven't since 2016, there needs to be a protest / boycott of some sort, if you keep going, and moan about the result but are happy to hand your money over to smurf then you deserve a badly run club.[/quote

If everyone took your advice and boycotted home games you would very soon have no away games to attend.

Say what you want, but at least I'm not handing over my money to the fat scumbag behind this whole mess.

Problem is if another buyer like Manorshop or Synectics come in they might be stupid enough to give Brown another chance(to add to the chances he has already had).

Manorshop had bizarre plans to bring Horton back. Sounded as daft as Norman. Synthetics didn't sound keen on Brown in the summer, and certainly can't be too impressed with him at this stage.

You are wrong.

The man himself can deny it all he wants but he's full of ****.

Michael Brown doesn't have a managers contract.

Did you know that they could keep him on as a player and tell him thanks but no thanks?

But that won't happen. Because we then have to pay a managerial wage.

Last week, home choose carpets got "upgraded" to match sponsor because there wasn't one.

This week another free box lot are also match sponsor.

Did you know the programme fillers are finding it hard to make a programme because of lack of sponsors?

Players can't get sponsored.

Boxes are given away for Smurthwaites own businesses. They are doing work for him OUTSIDE the football club.

That is FACT.

You can say whatever you want Matt. All I have said is happening and people need to wake up. And very very quick.

And the cowardly bully that is Norman Smurthwaite, who checks this and other sites like a hawk every night, can come on here and call me out and answer to what the **** he is doing at our great club but 1) he doesn't like to debate or argue with people who he knows are getting a little to close to home for his liking or 2) he will spout more of his ******** lying crap he's spouted for the past 2 years or more.

The man is cancer.

How long have I banged on about this. I'm like a stuck record. And yet I sit here amazed that too many supporters cannot see that in 7 months time we could very possibly be a non league club for the first time in our 141 year history.

Please people.

Wake the **** up.

Problem is ST is that Norman does all this because HE CAN.

I sit in the middle of the Paddock. On the way out and during the game (if you dare call it that tbh) there were a good many of us stating that we are well and truly on the way to Non League.

We will lose at Coventry, get hammered at Luton.

The Forest Green game is a 'game-changer' for me. I can't remember the last time we lost 3 on the trot at home let alone 4.

The question is, What are we (the supporters) going to do about the current demise?

Norman is not interested, sadly Brown is incompetent to such a level I am shocked considering his and his back room teams playing careers. I have said before it reminds me very much of the Dean Glover days sadly.

I do believe we have to do something and soon, not sure what tbh. We need to put pressure on the owner and his oppos to act - ideally sell, definately remove these clowns running a second division team as if it were Leeds Utd or Sheff Utd in the Premier Lge.

I genuinely believe the club is at a tipping point now and I'm genuinely fearful that the club will be no more in 5 years time. Everything about the club - from the squad to the infrastructure to the supporters whole match day experience - is shocking. If it's wasn't for the fact that you'd been doing the same thing every other week for the last 35 years, I'd ask myself why I bothered. We have got absolutely no chance of picking up the next generation of fans. Our more illustrious neighbours are, I understand, currently handing out 10,000 FREE replica shirts to school kids, many of whom are in our catchment area. What are we doing? Nothing. So who do you think they will grow up supporting? The club is, quite literally, on life support at the moment.

Archived