onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Demise of Port Vale

Beza

Advert

Over the last few years there has been a certain down fall in a once loved club within its loyal supporters so who and what is the core root of this problem.

Beza, I said in July 2016 and again in Dec 2016 after the Smurf/Bruno fiasco tearing the playing fabric out of PVFC that it wasn't relegation from Lge 1 that we should be concerned about but relegation from Lge 2. Indeed Notts County themselves tried a similar experiment to Smurf and got relegated to Lge 2 and at this time last year were in a similar predicament as Vale are in now.

Notts had signed experienced players last summer and eventually got themselves out of trouble and up lge 2, MB has signed some experienced players and I believe will turn things around at Vale in time, now is not the time to panic. Give MB 'til end November but if things are not looking promising towards the end of October then succession planning needs to start.

The root of this problem is undoubtedly Smurf's chess playing in May/June 2016, he's virually said so himself.

You are right.

The fault lies squarely at the feet of NS. He is 100% to blame for our predicament. He inherited a debt free Club heading for promotion and then ripped apart an established league one club.

Like others I fear for our future but I do believe that once we get everyone fit we'll be ok this year. We missed the likes of Pyke, Barnett, Tonge and Pugh today and hopefully Anderson will cement a place in our back four. We do have enough quality to do ok this year, despite NS and despite Brown's bizarre tactics.

Ever since Bill Bell understandably got cold feet after the introduction of the Bosman. The club that we have loved for so long has been in a slow painful and steady decline. First Bratt man and his clowns took us to the basement of the football pyramid. Then after a short settled period when the Administrator aided by a few loyal fans like Pete Williams saw an upturn in the Club's fortunes but once Smurthwaite got his hands in control of the Club it has been cut after cut despite the garbage that he has spouted about pumping money into Port Vale. I was slated for being one of the early ones to see the train crash coming along with a small number of others like Tim. I take no delight in the Vale's current plight or a desire to say told you so because believe me I wish I had been proved to be wrong.

So in answer to the opening post the person responsible for our demise is NORMAN SMURTHWAITE

The fans who seem to settle for second or third best. Yes it is

dont be so stupid, So what is your position and your masterplan to change things as a fan (bearing in mind fans wanted page gone for better or worse)- its dire at the moment with the management well out of their depth as they cut their teeth an owner that doesn't want to change owt- so what is your plan for the fans to follow rather than making a sweeping statement -

I couldn't make it today did you, presumed you protested outside the main entrance to get things going-if you didn't go then don't blame the fans that did

The last caller on png tonight tried to tell people the extent of NS ' usage' of our club but was cut off. Just like BB ended up doing . Running up debts at the club as a way of channelling to other businesses was a fond hobby of BB running up to administration . Some people must know a lot about what's going on. Fact is the owner can do just what they like and punters just have to suck it up.

The last caller on png tonight tried to tell people the extent of NS ' usage' of our club but was cut off. Just like BB ended up doing . Running up debts at the club as a way of channelling to other businesses was a fond hobby of BB running up to administration . Some people must know a lot about what's going on. Fact is the owner can do just what they like and punters just have to suck it up.

No sorry there is no extent of NS using our club. If you think he is running his other businesses through port vale fc you I'm afraid are out of touch with reality. Here's why-

PVFC doesn't break even so he has to pay money to run port vale fc every year. A couple of boxes probably have been put into deals but that's normal at every lower league club. Also consider how many people actually want a box at port vale. I don't see this as a deal breaker for his hotels down south do you? The caller then went on about ball sponsors being moved up to match sponsors, again pretty normal practice I'm sure if there isn't a sponsor rather than not have one at all. Yes Smurf is a tool but the caller is a mile wide of the mark. Smurf isn't draining PVFC of money he's paying to keep it a float, just not as much as we would like and 2-3 grands worth of boxes isn't going to make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Its not the owner or the players killing the club, its the awful tactics of one man. I truly believe that there is a top half team within our squad if we play to our strengths. One up front isn't working, and there is only one person who can't see this.

Beza, I said in July 2016 and again in Dec 2016 after the Smurf/Bruno fiasco tearing the playing fabric out of PVFC that it wasn't relegation from Lge 1 that we should be concerned about but relegation from Lge 2. Indeed Notts County themselves tried a similar experiment to Smurf and got relegated to Lge 2 and at this time last year were in a similar predicament as Vale are in now.

Notts had signed experienced players last summer and eventually got themselves out of trouble and up lge 2, MB has signed some experienced players and I believe will turn things around at Vale in time, now is not the time to panic. Give MB 'til end November but if things are not looking promising towards the end of October then succession planning needs to start.

The root of this problem is undoubtedly Smurf's chess playing in May/June 2016, he's virually said so himself.

Yes but Brown has signed inexperienced players that he seems to think he can turn into world beaters but it won't happen.

Why must we keep giving Brown chance after chance.

He has been Manager since Dec 23rd last year but still keeps making the same mistakes.Get rid now.

Archived