onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A change Now

RichG

Advert

The man seems completely clueless. Got to go along with his chums Morgan and Kelly. Who we can get in with what we will be willing to pay is anybody's guess though. 9 games out of the last 12 without a goal and 5 home defeats in a row with just 2 goals which were both at the end of a game where we had been 3-0 down for most of it. Been going to the Vale regularly since the late 1960s and this has to be the most embarrassing time I can remember.

Totally agree though embarrassing is an understatement. Brown's win ratio now stands at 19.5%, the second worst of any Port Vale manager with 30 games or more in charge since records began in 1896. To find the worst, you have to go all the way back to Bobby Smith, sacked in November 1978, with a ratio of 17.6%. That season, we were relegated to Division 4.

Brown needs to go now so that his successor has the time to put things right before it's too late. Nothing is going to change because Brown, Morgan and Kelly have shown, this season and last, that they don't have a clue. Anyone looking at the team sheet today could tell we were going to get nothing from this game and so it proved.

Brown should be told he has the next two games to turn it round. If doesn't and he's not put on his bike, then paranoia will begin to set in - does Norman really want to see the club finished?

Its no use wanting Brown out,you can shout and scream as much as you want as long as Smurthwaite has the keys to Vale Park we are well and truly shafted.

The writing is on the wall,it is obvious Brown and Co are failing,but the fat controller will not fund a pay off and supposing he did then would you trust him to choose a successor I dont,the mans dangerous and because I believe Brown will stay we are subsequently staring down the barrel of existence.

As large and scatter gun as it is the squad should easily be enough to be top half league one minimum and that's where Brown has failed miserably.

Plenty of ability and quality within a mass of players but the main failings haven't been down to poor quality but poor organisation and tactics which you can't overly blame the squad itself for.

I didn't go today as I'm in Crete but following it on twitter we seemed to dominate but miss two or three great opportunities before the usual sucker punch. Sounded a bit like the Crewe game all over again to a degree. His comments post match are of a man that is lost in the woods... I mean yeah we are five points of the play offs but also bb in the relegation zone of a league littered with a few clubs a third of our size that are above us!

He's got to go for me. I don't expect we will pick up anything from Coventry or Luton but the games against FGR, Yeovil and Accrington are massive now. We need to get a few good results and I don't think Brown will deliver that. If we can get someone in prior to those hopefully we can turn it around and I don't mean Morgan!

To play four centre halves when he has Denton and Wilson on the bench two high quality players at this level (yes Wilson has been poor but needs game time to regain fitness) is criminal.

To play one up front after last week is criminal.

He didn't need to put square pegs in round holes today and that's what is frustrating. Crewe were average at best and doesn't sound like County offered much either yet both have the points.

What a mess. I feel more crestfallen now than I did at the very end of April. Non league is beyond even my worst nightmares after relegation was confirmed... but as Tranmere, a bigger club than Vale and Orient have found out it isn't beyond a possibility.

Tranmere a bigger club than Vale?Do me a favour.

Archived