onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A change Now

RichG

Advert

I agree. His post-match comments were alarming to say the least. He seemed to think we played well today. We didn't. We just aimlessly lumped the ball up to Pope and invariably conceded possession. The midfield is incredibly weak still. We have square pegs in round holes all over the pitch. It is League 2 for Christs sake not the UCL. One man up front at home vs a poor Notts County team, really?? We will take us down again, I have no doubt. Get rid now.

I would like John Coleman at Accrington to be our manager but why would he leave Accrington when there doing well and us so poor. Also Norman probably wouldn't want pay the compensation fee to Accrington either. I'd like Brown to go now but feel he will be given a few more games yet when really he shouldn't have even been given the job in the summer. 6 wins in 31 it is for him now and 9 of the last 12 games we haven't scored in either it's absolutely garbage boring stuff.

The man seems completely clueless. Got to go along with his chums Morgan and Kelly. Who we can get in with what we will be willing to pay is anybody's guess though. 9 games out of the last 12 without a goal and 5 home defeats in a row with just 2 goals which were both at the end of a game where we had been 3-0 down for most of it. Been going to the Vale regularly since the late 1960s and this has to be the most embarrassing time I can remember.

I'm pretty sure we'd need to line up a replacement before sacking him because I can't really imagine Morgan or Kelly as caretakers.

Morgan's record:

Sheffield United (caretaker) 12 April 2013 - 10 June 2013

Sheffield United (caretaker) 11 October 2013 - 23 October 2013

Total: 3 W, 3D, 4L, 30.00% Win Rate

Not great for the biggest club in League One.

Morgan's record:

Sheffield United (caretaker) 12 April 2013 - 10 June 2013

Sheffield United (caretaker) 11 October 2013 - 23 October 2013

Total: 3 W, 3D, 4L, 30.00% Win Rate

Not great for the biggest club in League One.

Better than Brown's though

Better than Brown's though

He coached at Sheffield United whilst they spent five years ******* about in League One, went to Chesterfield for a year before getting sacked with them on the way to League Two.

To be fair to Brown that is the one thing he has done right at manager. Appoint toss assistants and coaches who nobody would think to get to replace him no matter how **** a job he does. Arsene Wenger school of management.

I would say we need experience, however, inexperienced managers in Nolan and Artell have both left Vale with the points in the last 7 days. Time for a change? I think it's hard to argue against it, and I'd think a few would look at our squad, thinking they could do something with them.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I think the scattergun approach to recruitment says it all. We must have THE biggest squad in L2 by a country mile, and yet it still seems unbalanced somehow. We have more loan players than can fit in the match day squad!!!!! And even now - I would still say we are shy of a commanding centre half, a right back, a Grant (or even dare I say it a Griffiths) type midfielder and a Sam Folely.

Also, can somebody tell what attacking set pieces we work on in training? I reckon at least 9/10 today landed in their keepers gloves.

Was happy to give brown a go at start of season but he as now had his chance square pegs won't go into round holes seems unable to motivate anybody nothing learned from last season but the big question who do we replace him with will have to be somebody thats out of work as we know smurth won't pay compo would not like either morgan or kelly as both are same as brown possibly give micheal tonge a go while looking for an experinced manager

As large and scatter gun as it is the squad should easily be enough to be top half league one minimum and that's where Brown has failed miserably.

Plenty of ability and quality within a mass of players but the main failings haven't been down to poor quality but poor organisation and tactics which you can't overly blame the squad itself for.

I didn't go today as I'm in Crete but following it on twitter we seemed to dominate but miss two or three great opportunities before the usual sucker punch. Sounded a bit like the Crewe game all over again to a degree. His comments post match are of a man that is lost in the woods... I mean yeah we are five points of the play offs but also in the relegation zone of a league littered with a few clubs a third of our size that are above us!

He's got to go for me. I don't expect we will pick up anything from Coventry or Luton but the games against FGR, Yeovil and Accrington are massive now. We need to get a few good results and I don't think Brown will deliver that. If we can get someone in prior to those hopefully we can turn it around and I don't mean Morgan!

To play four centre halves when he has Denton and Wilson on the bench two high quality players at this level (yes Wilson has been poor but needs game time to regain fitness) is criminal.

To play one up front after last week is criminal.

He didn't need to put square pegs in round holes today and that's what is frustrating. Crewe were average at best and doesn't sound like County offered much either yet both have the points.

What a mess. I feel more crestfallen now than I did at the very end of April. Non league is beyond even my worst nightmares after relegation was confirmed... but as Tranmere, a bigger club than Vale and Orient have found out it isn't beyond a possibility.

Archived