onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Notts County

Fosse69

Advert

Sent this text into P&G bit it was ignored:

In our last 12 league games we have failed to score in 9 of them. Brown won't solve this problem by playing Tom Pope on his own up front with no one within 30 yards of him. Tom won't outrun the defence so you can't play the ball in behind. There is no point hoofing the ball in the air to Pope if no one is near him to pick up the knock downs. It's absolute madness to keep doing the same thing game after game and expecting a different outcome.

I could have added that there have been two common factors in those 12 games - Smith and Brown - and I'm pretty darn sure it isn't Nathan Smith's fault!

We can't score goals as we don't play with strikers other than the cart horse up front. It's not Toms fault but his best days are behind him. Where is the pace to frighten defenders......lying on the sick bed.

Agree. The moment when Pope was put through on goal with a ten yard head start and still got tackled sums it up. Three years ago he would of scored that.

Can't knock his effort but we need to try something different up top.

He's a weapon

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

BBC football 'expert', and he can't even pronounce Grimsbys ground name properly. He thinks he's being clever getting aggressive with callers, when in actual fact he's just showing how bad he and his tin-pot radio station are. Blakeman is very fortunate to be in the job he is, with such a level of patronising incompetence.

In our last 12 league games we have failed to score in 9 of them. Brown won't solve this problem by playing Tom Pope on his own up front with no one within 30 yards of him. Tom won't outrun the defence so you can't play the ball in behind. There is no point hoofing the ball in the air to Pope if no one is near him to pick up the knock downs. It's absolute madness to keep doing the same thing game after game and expecting a different outcome.

I could have added that there have been two common factors in those 12 games - Smith and Brown - and I'm pretty darn sure it isn't Nathan Smith's fault!

Couldn't agree more. What I find baffling is the fact that just about every supporter says the same, and what's more has been saying so since Michael Brown took over. Ok so he inherited a poor squad, but he still played one up top in the second half of last season. Result, few goals and relegation.

I think the definition of madness is doing the same thing repetitively but expecting a different result.... or something to that effect Jean.

Watch my lips.

3-5-2 at home

5-3-2 away.

21st Century football.

I'm not very often embarrassed by a player but Pope's 'attempt 'when he was clear on goal had me holding my head.

4-4-2 isn't old fashioned at all really. You can quite easily play 442 and actually change the roles in it. We could quite easily play with two wide wingers and two central midfielders at home and change to a diamond away with the two wide men tucking in, a defensive central player sitting and worrall linking up with the front two, all set for counter attack.

Tom played well against Crewe but not today. Jones gave him 20 yards and caught him. Don't be blinded by Toms heart on the sleeve attitude, but he will be lucky to get 10 goals. He never was blessed with pace, but my frustration is that he needs legs around him which Brown doesn't see.

I was at the Crewe game as a matter of fact and every other one this season were you.

Watch my lips.

3-5-2 at home

5-3-2 away.

21st Century football.

I'm not very often embarrassed by a player but Pope's 'attempt 'when he was clear on goal had me holding my head.

He has never been blessed with pace.But he is slower now than he was when he was with us before.So why Brown plays him up front on his own just shows how clueless Brown is.

Archived