onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Lose this especially with a dire performance and Brown could lose the fans completely.

Hopefully get a face or two signed this week to give us what we are missing. Would be nice to get our own back on cowardly Artell that said he only cost himself a promotion on his CV!

Think we will win this just...

Let us hope they are permanent deals then as we already have 5 loan players ( 3 wingers ) and that is the maximum allowed in a match day squad.

Advert

Only 36 yrs for me so you win that one. But seriously the Vale as a club need our support, its the only way we as supporters can bring some positivety to this whole mess. I take my wife and three daughters to all home games and 10-12 away games. Its just our way of supporting our team. K.T.F.

This year it'll be 51 years for me - my first was v. Chesterfield in 1966/67 season. We lost that as well.

We've been in bad places before - I remember us just missing having to reapply for League membership by virtue of our finishing just outside the bottom 4 in the old Div 4. We came back and went from strength to strength under sound management and ownership. Maybe there's a lesson for us there.

This is different though. In those days there was no promotion and relegation between what is now the National League and what is now L2. Neither was there a Premiership sucking the life out of the rest of professional football; although the Div 1 clubs tried their best the Football League was there to stop them. When Div 1 broke away from the League and formed the Prem 25 years ago that was the beginning of the end. I'm pessimistic about the survival of clubs like Vale and, for that matter, Crewe.

As to this Saturday's game, we'll probably lose because we're still rebuilding, albeit in a haphazard fashion, and this side hasn't had time to become a unit - we're still one or two quality players away from that in any case. I have a feeling though that both sides will be the losers longer term.

This year it'll be 51 years for me - my first was v. Chesterfield in 1966/67 season. We lost that as well.

We've been in bad places before - I remember us just missing having to reapply for League membership by virtue of our finishing just outside the bottom 4 in the old Div 4. We came back and went from strength to strength under sound management and ownership. Maybe there's a lesson for us there.

This is different though. In those days there was no promotion and relegation between what is now the National League and what is now L2. Neither was there a Premiership sucking the life out of the rest of professional football; although the Div 1 clubs tried their best the Football League was there to stop them. When Div 1 broke away from the League and formed the Prem 25 years ago that was the beginning of the end. I'm pessimistic about the survival of clubs like Vale and, for that matter, Crewe.

As to this Saturday's game, we'll probably lose because we're still rebuilding, albeit in a haphazard fashion, and this side hasn't had time to become a unit - we're still one or two quality players away from that in any case. I have a feeling though that both sides will be the losers longer term.

I agree, optimism is fading fast I thought that the fa were going to take action against these shyte house owners siteing leyton orient, Coventry,us and leeds as examples but I must have been dreaming.

Hornby

Yates (recalled from loan )Gunning Smith Denton

Wilson Tonge Kay Kelly

Whitfield

Pope

I hear Gunning is good hard in them defender well move him in to Kays position and put Kay in midfield give Kelly and Wilson wing back roles to protect Yates and Denton ,Whitfield in the hole and Pope to hopefully be fed by wilson and Kelly the other way.

Out go the young lads and Harness .

Tbh even though im a season ticket holder its hard to go watch what Brown is subjecting us to.

Its a shocker and has being bar maybe one home game since his appointment.

Once again I've got a very bad feeling going into this one. I can see this going only one way and that's to Crewe. 2-1 to Crewe, they go 2 up in the first half and we score late on. I'd go 4-4-2:

Hornby

Wilson

Kay

Smith

Denton

Whitfield

De Freitas

Tonge

Stobbs

Turner

Pope

Attendance: 7,100 with 1,300 from Crewe.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Once again I've got a very bad feeling going into this one. I can see this going only one way and that's to Crewe. 2-1 to Crewe, they go 2 up in the first half and we score late on. I'd go 4-4-2:

Hornby

Wilson

Kay

Smith

Denton

Whitfield

De Freitas

Tonge

Stobbs

Turner

Pope

Attendance: 7,100 with 1,300 from Crewe.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Over 7k? Wow..

Fearing the worst at the moment. 4 or 5 - 1 with this lot, no confidence and the manager saying judge us when we have a settled side. This will not happen with the fragile squad we have picking up injuries just running onto the pitch. The owner saying he is numb now of Vale. Great motivation for our players and staff.

Please prove me/us all totally wrong and score a hat full.

Hornby

Wilson Tonge Kay Kelly

Whitfield

Pope

I hear Gunning is good hard in them defender well move him in to Kays position and put Kay in midfield give Kelly and Wilson wing back roles to protect Yates and Denton ,Whitfield in the hole and Pope to hopefully be fed by wilson and Kelly the other way.

Tbh even though im a season ticket holder its hard to go watch what Brown is subjecting us to.

I like this but would drop Smith for Gunning. Smith not playing well at the moment not many are, but we won with Gunning in the side.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We won with Smith in the side!

Agree but I think Gunning has the height, toughness and strength to add a lot to our defence. Yes he can be head strong but I want someone to give attackers a bad time. Nothing against Smith, young players sometimes need to have a step back to regroup.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Hornby

Wilson Tonge Kay Kelly

Whitfield

Pope

So you want to play with a back 4 and then wingbacks as cover for them? You do pick some strange teams but this is one of your strangest yet.

Archived