onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

Advert

We've never had it easy as Vale fans and I'm pretty sure we'll have even worse to come in our lifetime.

I think Smurthwaite should sell the club. My only fear is who to?

You not sobered up yet Knock-one-out? How about a certain local business owner who is has previously offered a sensible price for the club?

I actually think the second half performance was encouraging. Hopefully Brown can see the reason we were better was because we had two central strikers on the pitch. When we went up from L2 we had Pope and Hughes central and that's what required. I actually think we have a few decent footballers now but the we needed them 2 months ago. We are doing our preseason during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

He's the worst manager we've ever had.

And we've had Glover.

Just let that sink in.

He HAS to go.

Yep makes glover and sinnott look like Mourinho and Ferguson. His constant self back slapping pisses me off no end as well. I thought I was brave second half no mate you had nothing to lose and thought you might as well use all 4 wingers you've signed in one go.

What was brave was 5500 Vale fans paying to watch that total load of ****. I won't be brave now until he's ****** off and clueless Kelly and monggy

Morgan with him.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The only solace I have this evening, as we slip down to 21st in the basement tier, on the back of 4 league defeats including one against our rivals, is that once again, I've been proven right.

We've ended today with a centre half at right back, and a horrendous mess in front of that. If anyone can tell me what our plan was today I'll give them a fiver.

Pope isolated first half; bring on Pyke, suddenly Pope looks twice the player. It isn't hard is it? Brown tells us we had a front 3 first half...

Smith and Kay isn't working. Free header for Dagnall's goal, free header for Porter just before which he put wide, free header second half that necessitated a good save from Hornby. Smith doesn't look the same player.

Browny comes on the radio and tells us he was brave by lobbing Pyke on at half time. Why didn't he be brave at the start and start with him then? Everyone in the ground knew having Pope flanked by two wingers wouldn't work. But nah, not Browny. But he's brave, which he felt the need to tell us.

We huffed and puffed, as Artell accurately and frustratingly put it, but bar Pope's header down on the line there wasn't many 'clear-cut' chances. Our approach for all season has been to 'get it to t' flanks, whip it in t' Popey'.

I'm not having the spiel about 'he needs time to settle it'. 30 games he's had now and he still doesn't know the basics of football management. Swindon have had a new manager and a lot of new players, and they're 9th, not 22nd. Brown survived his first 6 months through 'Its Bruno's squad', and now its his squad, 'he needs till Christmas'. How long can he survive off of these technicalities, and not his own achievements?

Fair play to Crewe, created 3 good chances first half (are people forgetting they hit the bar after 30 seconds) and bar 2 good saves from Hornby 2nd half could have wrapped it up. Their 15 year olds who sneak flares in and think they're at a Russian derby are always good for a chuckle.

Keep telling yourself Brown needs time. Won 6, drawn 7, lost 16. Time's running out.

Archived