onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Get adams back, or A N Other?

jeff1966

Where is the money coming from for paying Brown and co off and employing a new manager?

I'd love to know.

The players we sign are on peanuts.

Our management team are probably on peanuts.

Our physios are young kids on peanuts.

Smurthwaite says we will have to fend for ourselves this season. Fair enough.

Sadly for us he has duped fans into telling them it's out of his sweetie jar, when infact he wants it all back.

We are in a huge mess.

The mess we are in runs deeper than just Brown being an inexperienced manager too that people might not like being in charge. Go behind the scenes and so much has changed from the players to the backroom staff to the fitness side and the physios. Virtually everything on and related to the playing side.

You cannot expect to run a stable club and keep it on an even keel when you have such a mass clear out like we saw 15 months ago of players and staff, and then again at Christmas and then again this preseason. All stemming from the wholesale changes at the start of last season. Somehow we need to consoidate and get back on some kind of stable footing, if that means keeping Brown and us just surviving in this league this season then so be it. We can't have such another big influx of players and only give the manager a short space of time, because if he goes and someone else comes in then we are going through the process again of a manager wanting his own players in.

But in addition to that theres also all the extra baggage of the club being up for sale too and will we or wont we be bought by a company that will back us. All this talk of the chairman being numb to it etc is not a good advert for us to prospective players either. We are in huge mess when not so long ago we looked to be steadily moving in the right direction. I actually wonder what type of manager fans will be happy with and give time and patience to because the 3 since Adams haven't been popular choices.

We need someone taking over the club and running it with a steady hand and to take us forward with a clear vision and we need some stability from a management and playing point of view as well.

Advert

Managers with proven track records will take jobs at the sort of club like ours. Steve Evans going to Mansfield is a perfect example. But if you want to go down the lesser light option, Neil Aspin should be getting an opportunity to manage at football league level sometime soon. Let's make sure its while we are still in the football league and not when we are ******* about at the same level as Gateshead.

Where is the money coming from for paying Brown and co off and employing a new manager?

I'd love to know.

The players we sign are on peanuts.

Our management team are probably on peanuts.

Our physios are young kids on peanuts.

Smurthwaite says we will have to fend for ourselves this season. Fair enough.

Sadly for us he has duped fans into telling them it's out of his sweetie jar, when infact he wants it all back.

We are in a huge mess.

Behave. You think Pope, Barnett, Monty, Lainton, Forrester etc are on peanuts?

It makes me sad to see the situation that we are currently in, but I do believe Brown has a competitive budget at his disposal.

I've watched every game on ifollow, and it's been painful. I'm really hoping that a quality centre mid and an alternative to Pope can spark a recovery.

I live in hope. We'll speak again after 10 games. UTV

As well as Ainsworth,the current Newport manager is getting rave reviews although he hasn't managed for many games at all
Mike Flynn former coach, took over from Graham Westley 11 points adrift at the bottom in March, survived on the last day of the season.

Hopefully Barnet is fit soon, but after preseason I expected Pyke to be playing closer to Pope to feed off him.

Yeah I was hoping for more from Pyke. Still time yet though.

I just feel like we lack pace to get behind defenders with Pope up top. Whether this can be rectified with a couple of midfielders who are actually comfortable on the ball and can drive forwards, remains to be seen.

Behave. You think Pope, Barnett, Monty, Lainton, Forrester etc are on peanuts?

It makes me sad to see the situation that we are currently in, but I do believe Brown has a competitive budget at his disposal.

I've watched every game on ifollow, and it's been painful. I'm really hoping that a quality centre mid and an alternative to Pope can spark a recovery.

I live in hope. We'll speak again after 10 games. UTV

The 5 you mention are probably on a decent enough wage for a league 2 club if not spectacular.

Now, tell me about the other 20 odd?

Our budget is nowhere near what people think or have been hoodwinked into believing.

Vale got promoted because Tom Pope was on fire and not because Adams is a decent manager. What has Adams done since leaving Vale ?

I hated the way Adams treated the younger Vale players but would let older players get away with murder.

Horton was the best manager Vale had since Rudge.

Sorry Adams was a genius compared to Brown, he got us promoted against all odds, he got Pope fit, he created a system that suited him and then when we started to flag brought in experienced players to get us over the line.

That post is crackers, Adams is only second to Rudge in my lifetime and deserves huge respect.

The 5 you mention are probably on a decent enough wage for a league 2 club if not spectacular.

Now, tell me about the other 20 odd?

Our budget is nowhere near what people think or have been hoodwinked into believing.

What exactly do you want? More loans or a sugar daddy pumping money in without wanting it back? Talk about living in dream world. For the first time in years we are operating at a budget set by the money generated by fans. Even if Norm were to sell up, the extra ST sales would not inflate the budget to one of a high end league one club. Whoever runs the club next will have the same problem that we don't generate enough money, its loans or league 2. What do you want?

Back to topic, Brown out, Gannon was better.

What exactly do you want? More loans or a sugar daddy pumping money in without wanting it back? Talk about living in dream world. For the first time in years we are operating at a budget set by the money generated by fans. Even if Norm were to sell up, the extra ST sales would not inflate the budget to one of a high end league one club. Whoever runs the club next will have the same problem that we don't generate enough money, its loans or league 2. What do you want?

Back to topic, Brown out, Gannon was better.

I want an owner who can deliver a competitive budget.

Not someone who has employed a CEO to say it's a competitive budget, when it clearly is not.

I'm not living in dream world, I just don't think our budget is that far off Accrington Stanley's, who get sub 2000 gates.

You carry on thinking our budget is competitive. I'll carry on believing it isn't.

We will agree to disagree.

Archived