onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown Out

I really want Brown to succeed but his team selections are not doing him any favours whatsoever. Our strongest players are arguably our strikers, yet we only play with one of them. We sign a winger who "isn't yet ready" and low and behold start him in a local derby. We start said derby with 4 wingers on the pitch and a centre-half at right back. We play Dan Turner wide right when he has looked our most dangerous forward. WTF??? That said, Whitfield looks a super player, lots of skill and energy and I was really impressed with him 2nd half on Saturday. I'd definitely start him in a midfield three in a proper 4-3-3 formation.

Advert

That's my issue as well. Potentially the longer the leave it the worse hole we will be in. I can't bare thinking about us becoming one of the sides you mention but I fear it currently.

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions tbh. I feared the worst last season particularly after the away defeat to Chesterfield which effectively condemned us.

My thoughts were that people with the career history of Brown/ Morgan and Kelly could and should be able to establish themselves in coaching/ management to a reasonab;le level. I have the utmost respect for all 3 as players - point being I had more respect for Dean Glover for example as a club legend as a player - NOT MANAGER.

I think I have seen enough to suggest that perhaps they are certainly talking a game 'al-la Premier League' when in effect we are in the sh*t and graft of League 2.

I have gained no confidence in the recruitment and tactical awareness of the current set up - I do hope I am wrong.

One question that puzzles me is this?

Why does Nathan Smith look so poor? Last season he was head and shoulders above everyone at the club and led the team by example. Are people like Tom Pope and Anthony Kay leading the team this year leaving Nathan subdued and frustrated?

I would look to change certainly defensively and tbh would install Nathan as captain.

There are no 'footballing' leaders out there, might be plenty of mouth and criticism - not good.

Needs to change starting this week

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions tbh. I feared the worst last season particularly after the away defeat to Chesterfield which effectively condemned us.

My thoughts were that people with the career history of Brown/ Morgan and Kelly could and should be able to establish themselves in coaching/ management to a reasonab;le level. I have the utmost respect for all 3 as players - point being I had more respect for Dean Glover for example as a club legend as a player - NOT MANAGER.

I think I have seen enough to suggest that perhaps they are certainly talking a game 'al-la Premier League' when in effect we are in the sh*t and graft of League 2.

I have gained no confidence in the recruitment and tactical awareness of the current set up - I do hope I am wrong.

One question that puzzles me is this?

Why does Nathan Smith look so poor? Last season he was head and shoulders above everyone at the club and led the team by example. Are people like Tom Pope and Anthony Kay leading the team this year leaving Nathan subdued and frustrated?

I would look to change certainly defensively and tbh would install Nathan as captain.

There are no 'footballing' leaders out there, might be plenty of mouth and criticism - not good.

Needs to change starting this week

Thats a really good post Pete, particularly in relation to Smith, he is being ruined and at a lower level than where he was a diamond last season. I put most of that down to Morgan who most people warned us was not a coach and that 50 pence head Kay.

The thing is, whatever the year, whatever the era, it's never been good enough...

Under Bell and Rudge, it wasn't good enough despite L1 football and 8th in what is now the Championship.

Under Horton again it wasn't satisfactory despite he steadied the shiphone.

Page started OK but again not good enough.

Smurf, notwithstanding the fact he helped the club out of ADM, and put his own brass in, didn't reach the required standards. I can understand why he wants his money back.

What would PVFC done without Smurf? Probably wound up in HCJ. At least he kept the show going.

After Bruno left Brown couldn't have been brought in fast enough. With funds tight he's up against it.

The stark reality is managers like Rudge don't exist anymore and be careful what one wishes for.

At the end of the day Smurf doesn't have to sell unless there is a court order for him to do so. I'd give the guy a bit of respect for getting the club out of the cart. I'd say ongoing threats would only make him dig his heels in even more.

I think he has also consulted his legal team and he knows exactly what he is doing.

What a great show he's kept going. Really enjoying it at the minute.

Anyone still supporting him after his strange signings this week?

I wouldn't say I was happy with the signings but at the same time I wasn't expecting oxlade-chamberlain either I know our level of player we attract but I still support brown and the vale and just hope he knows something we don't

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I wouldn't say I was happy with the signings but at the same time I wasn't expecting oxlade-chamberlain either I know our level of player we attract but I still support brown and the vale and just hope he knows something we don't

I think he's made an unbalanced squad even more unbalanced.

Why no strikers?

I think he's made an unbalanced squad even more unbalanced.

Why no strikers?

Correct I can't disagree we definitely needed a striker in my opinion also.

Anyway just got to get back to the riveting game between England and the European giants Malta 🤣

Unfair with 6 as you know surely? Leeds never a hope and Oldham a non entity competition so four is what I'll judge it on

Tactics against Leeds were very poor, I will give you that scummy competition against Oldham though

Anyone still supporting him after his strange signings this week?

Amazing how your posts come to the defence of an unnamed woman at West Ham based on you thinking she is 'a lady of the realm' - (note, not all honours recievers are angels, like Sir Jimmy Savile who your friend Paul Daniels was so friednly with) yet continue hate posts against the manager of the club you supposedly support.

Thats a really good post Pete' date=' particularly in relation to Smith, he is being ruined and at a lower level than where he was a diamond last season. I put most of that down to Morgan who most people warned us was not a coach and that 50 pence head Kay.[/quote']

Look - new scapegoats in the hate posts, Kay now, and soon others. Told you it was coming - must be 20 people over the last 2 years from Brown to Kay, Adam Yates, and loads of others - but never the owner. I wonder why ?

Archived