• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

New signing - Jack Stobbs

valiant_593

Advert:

Advert:

Think Browny has been working with Smurthwaite to long and has adopted his transfer philosophy, if we sign enough players, some of them are bound to be decent. We've had all the dross last year so can only improve surely!

Sent from my CUBOT ECHO using Tapatalk

It does feel like we've got a lot of players, but if you break it down we have 27 first team players, not including the 4 youth graduates. Take away Brown (not likely to play), Knops (injured) and Yates (loan), that's 24, which is probably about the right size squad needed.

Add to that we currently have 5 injured (Lainton, Montano, Pugh, Barnett and Forrester), that's 19 first team players, so only 1 of them are going to miss out on the match day squad. All of a sudden it's looking a bit thin!!

Anyway, welcome to the Vale Jack Stobbs!!

It does feel like we've got a lot of players, but if you break it down we have 27 first team players, not including the 4 youth graduates. Take away Brown (not likely to play), Knops (injured) and Yates (loan), that's 24, which is probably about the right size squad needed.

Add to that we currently have 5 injured (Lainton, Montano, Pugh, Barnett and Forrester), that's 19 first team players, so only 1 of them are going to miss out on the match day squad. All of a sudden it's looking a bit thin!!

Anyway, welcome to the Vale Jack Stobbs!!

We are definitely thin on the ground. We need a centre mid and full back still. We have Pugh injured and tongue that needs resting if he plays midweek. And we have to play centre halves at full back if there is an injury.

As with all new signings welcome on board, had bad injuries hence no game time at Wednesday.

Only concern is we now have 3 wingers on loan, every man and his dog realise we need energy in midfield and to use up most of our loan ratio on wingers may not be the best way forward. I know people are saying Whitfield can play centre midfield but i,m sure Brown knows best :closedeyes:

Off topic..Yates already on the bench at Macc so all those saying he should be in our team i'd say he is nowhere near fit despite the fact Wilson doesn't look fit either !!

Advert:

Off topic..Yates already on the bench at Macc so all those saying he should be in our team i'd say he is nowhere near fit despite the fact Wilson doesn't look fit either !!

He's played 270 minutes or Macclesfield so far. 90 more minutes than Wilson has. In fact Yates has played more minutes this season than any Vale player bar Smith and Kay.

He's played 270 minutes or Macclesfield so far. 90 more minutes than Wilson has. In fact Yates has played more minutes this season than any Vale player bar Smith and Kay.

Maybe as they have already played 4 league games , double what we have, he was a non-playing sub in their last game so has either lost his place due to form or fitness.

Maybe as they have already played 4 league games , double what we have, he was a non-playing sub in their last game so has either lost his place due to form or fitness.

Or they were just resting him after playing 3 full games. We'll see tomorrow if he starts for them.

Advert:

Or they were just resting him after playing 3 full games. We'll see tomorrow if he starts for them.

I was at the match and it appeared tactical .Sutton are tall strong pacey and direct as well as playing on 3g.Macc looked like they went taller and younger at the back to combat this.

Don't know the lad hope he plays his part but I think we have far too many loans in the squad. It's clear that the squad needs to be rebuilt following the number of players which left the club but all we have done is bought a lot of loan players in and we will be back to square one next summer. This is not the way to rebuild a club.

Bad management decisions in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Don't know the lad hope he plays his part but I think we have far too many loans in the squad. It's clear that the squad needs to be rebuilt following the number of players which left the club but all we have done is bought a lot of loan players in and we will be back to square one next summer. This is not the way to rebuild a club.

Bad management decisions in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Slight over reaction. We have 5 players on loan, with 10 signed to the end of next season at least and 2 more with contracts with the offer of a further year for next season. I would say that is about right for a club in our league.

Archived