onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Feed the Pope and he will score.Obviously Wycombe did their homework and packed midfield to ensure no crosses were allowed to reach Pope.His goal against WBA showed what he can do if given the service.So Brown must play a system to get crosses in to the box.

Rory won't be pleased with dinosaur tactics?😁

........................Hornby.........................

Davis............Smith...........Kay..............Denton

Whitfield.......De Freitas.......Tonge............Montano

........................Turner..........................

.........................Pope............................

Really tough to pick a side after that shambles. Whitfield and Turner need to start though. Montano has shown more in pre-season than Harness so I'll go for that. Also I'd start Pope but if he gets starved again bring on Pyke.

Early days but worrying that we haven't improved in terms of shots from last season, despite dropping down a league:

Average shots on target per match:

2016/17: 3.2

2017/18: 3

As a reference, the two teams relegated from L2 last season (Orient and Hartlepool) averaged 3.5 shots on target per game - more than our current average. Worrying.

Early days but worrying that we haven't improved in terms of shots from last season, despite dropping down a league:

Average shots on target per match:

2016/17: 3.2

2017/18: 3

As a reference, the two teams relegated from L2 last season (Orient and Hartlepool) averaged 3.5 shots on target per game - more than our current average. Worrying.

What the hell!! That's madness to even go there to be honest

Two games and a poxy league cup game and we're doing averages laughable come back with the averages after 10 games I might think about them then but only might!! Too much watching sky sports in my opinion

We will be ok even if we just do mid table this year

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What the hell!! That's madness to even go there to be honest

Two games and a poxy league cup game and we're doing averages laughable come back with the averages after 10 games I might think about them then but only might!! Too much watching sky sports in my opinion

We will be ok even if we just do mid table this year

Yeah mid table in league 2 would be bloody brilliant....

I am struggling to find the motivation for the EFL season ticket for this. 3-0 down at home last week. Is it worth it? It is bad enough watching Sky Sports News never mind watching the disappointment unfold before me. Prove me wrong and make me regret not signing up lads!!!

Heart says 0-0, head says 3-0 or worse.

Yeah mid table in league 2 would be bloody brilliant....

Normally no , but after what we've been through and what we're currently trying to build we have to man up and except it will be a slow road back , a lot of posts seem like spoilt kids wanting everything now now now! Well guess what? It doesn't always work like that , unlucky it is what it is , relegation would be a disaster that's what we don't want

Normally no , but after what we've been through and what we're currently trying to build we have to man up and except it will be a slow road back , a lot of posts seem like spoilt kids wanting everything now now now! Well guess what? It doesn't always work like that , unlucky it is what it is , relegation would be a disaster that's what we don't want

I'm sorry but who is there in this division? Mansfield Town put together a good manager and a good squad, Coventry are a big club but with horrific ownership. What ten clubs in this division can you name that should be finishing above us? The four teams coming down from League One will be bigger than those promoted out of League Two, Tranmere will likely come out of the National League. Why have we signed 31+ year olds Kay, Pope, Barnett and Tonge if this season we are happy with mid-table and trying to build a squad to get promoted in 2019?

I agree that its madness to start comparing how many shots we have had per game to those that were relegated last season. It did however intrigue me so looked at the start that last seasons league two promoted teams had:

Portsmouth: DDLWWW

Plymouth: LLWWWW

Doncaster: LDWWWL

Sorry it's off topic admin but just thought I would share a little positive thinking, we have already amassed more points in our first two games, than the three promoted teams last year did! Although I agree that Saturday was very poor, we can not expect this team to be at the races week in week out, that's why we are in league two.

I expect a tight game at the weekend as I think MB will want to work on our defence after last weeks showing. I'm going for 2-1 Vale, Monty to get off the mark and then pyke to seal the points.

I'm sorry but who is there in this division? Mansfield Town put together a good manager and a good squad, Coventry are a big club but with horrific ownership. What ten clubs in this division can you name that should be finishing above us? The four teams coming down from League One will be bigger than those promoted out of League Two, Tranmere will likely come out of the National League. Why have we signed 31+ year olds Kay, Pope, Barnett and Tonge if this season we are happy with mid-table and trying to build a squad to get promoted in 2019?

I agree in some respects but if I could name 10 sides finish above us or 9 as we might finish 10th lol I'd go the bookies and whack a tenner on it!

We're just a league two side now so it's like Leeds saying they deserve to be premiership but you only go up if you're good enough although we are smaller still the same you and a few others think we are still league 1 standard just wake up and realise we're not now and we're hopefully building towards that

Reality is we're a league 2 side that are in a mess. We are starting again with a near enough brand new squad and an inexperienced manager. Behind the scenes we're up for sale with a shedload of unhappy fans that will turn at the drop of a hat. We may have more history than a lot of the league 2 clubs in terms of playing at a higher level, but that counts for nothing now and we have no divine right to getting straight back up at the first attempt, especially when you look at the upheaval we've seen over the last 15 months. It may take time to get back to where we were under Page.

Because they're all we could get? (I'll exclude Pope, different case with the Vale being his team). Even if it's not quite the point you're making, you're right - with all the thirtysomethings and loans this is not a squad built for the long term. The worry is it's not one that'll take us straight back up either, in which case we start again in a year's time.

Archived