onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Remi Streete?

SourceOfTheTrent

With the start of the league yesterday it made me wonder what has happened to Remi Streete. Does anyone have any idea? Out of all the voluntary leavers he's the one I most didn't want to leave and also the one I'm most surprised hasn't signed for a club yet. Certainly if he was in a position to have to swallow a big slice of humble pie I'd have him back, he's a good player and although I think he should play higher than L2 he may well be realising now that the wages he was on are unrealistic outside the Championship and he could well have to settle for less and build his career upwards rather than 'easing' down from a Premier club on big wages. Even if a Championship club took him on they'd probably only offer him a limited salary on the basis he'd have to prove himself good enough for that level.

Can anyone shed any light on his situation?

Advert

A good question but I would not take him back. I think Anthony Kay brings a level of maturity and experience that will help Nathan Smith develop even more. We still have Joe Davis (and I always rated him) as back up and Gavin Gunning as well. Signing Remie would use up a lot of the spare budget needlessly. I think that if Remie had been able to play with Anthony Kay his game would have improved, he still needs an older head to guide him.

I wish him well in his career, and like the poster I struggle to understand why no one has signed him yet.

I didn't think he was a voluntary leaver, we didn't offer him another contract due to his injury problems.

I read somewhere that Micheal Brown was quoted as saying Streete would be lucky to get another season in the game because of his injuries.

As mentioned recently SoTT, Remie signed a 2 year deal June 2015 and played 50 odd games for us to end of season 1017.

After the 2–0 FA Cup defeat to Exeter City on 6 December he failed to make the team for 4 months despite being seen as a fans favourite.

So what went wrong? Loss of form? Home sickness? Other players performing better? The exit of Bruno?

Blessed if I know.

I didn't think he was a voluntary leaver, we didn't offer him another contract due to his injury problems.

I read somewhere that Micheal Brown was quoted as saying Streete would be lucky to get another season in the game because of his injuries.

Although Brown has appeared to retract that statement at the recent Garlick/Brown interview, I suppose only Streete really knows the full story. As for the Vale our plan must be to have a balance of experienced players and young improvers, neither too many of either though. So as yet a bit of a mystery about Remi.

Brown, apparently inadvertently, has said that Streete is basically "finished" due to injury. Realising his mistake in saying this publically, he has since retracted his comment. What is the truth, who knows ?

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

This horse has bolted. Thanks for your contribution Remi and I wish him well.

Kay looks an experienced lower league warrior who Brown has appointed captain. Smith is a shoe in.

Davis and Gunning are adequate players. Move on . We do not need Remi now.

Thank god for this reply and thank you , why people can't move on baffles me and you're right, put the issue to bed please!!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We are fine for centre backs now and probably all at a fraction of what Remi was earning. If we do have anything left in the pot then fullbacks and a player maker are the priority.

Good luck Remi though, I think you'd still be here if we'd of stayed up but we all need to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'm very surprised he hasn't signed at a L1 club. Decent CB who scores goals too. Has pace. There must be an injury issue. Or it could be a greed issue. He thinks he is worth a lot more money than any L1 or 2 club are willing to pay?

Must be an issue there & either Brown realises his pub comment got out & has done the rounds, which could damage Remi's opportunity elsewhere, so is now trying to retract it, or it was in fact made up, but there's another issue (agent, asking wages, location, etc).

Either way, agree with above, wouldn't take him back. Obviously a reason for him leaving in the first place, & we're sorted in that position now. Who knows, maybe in January if he's not found anything & we're struggling (with a few injuries too), it might be a better idea then.

Archived