onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Leeds U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Wouldn't risk Montano if he is somehow still available, get him fully ready for Sat. I'd rotate 2/3 players. Leeds will rest half of their team guaranteed, & there will probably only be 15K-ish there I would have thought, not exactly a priority game for them.

People saying they don't need resting, agree but it's not about that, it's getting our best players injured in a game of relatively low priority (which I wouldn't normally see it as, but with our league status being so unsure this early in the season & injuries causing so many issues last season, is it really worth it?).

Wouldn't risk Montano if he is somehow still available, get him fully ready for Sat. I'd rotate 2/3 players. Leeds will rest half of their team guaranteed, & there will probably only be 15K-ish there I would have thought, not exactly a priority game for them.

People saying they don't need resting, agree but it's not about that, it's getting our best players injured in a game of relatively low priority (which I wouldn't normally see it as, but with our league status being so unsure this early in the season & injuries causing so many issues last season, is it really worth it?).

Can't see anything like 15,000 there. A few years ago we played them in the FA cup and there was only 12,000 and we took 4,000 of those.

Id rotate the squad a little for sure, we have some old legs and lets not over do it.

Pugh or Tonge out, maybe swap Popey for Pyke to give him a run out. Monty is an obvious change but other than that we should be fine to start the game with a good side.

Id rotate the squad a little for sure, we have some old legs and lets not over do it.

Pugh or Tonge out, maybe swap Popey for Pyke to give him a run out. Monty is an obvious change but other than that we should be fine to start the game with a good side.

Whitfield will hopefully replace Monty and also gets him minutes. We are 1 game in.. No way should players need resting. They should all be fighting for a first place spot.

When Vale were great years ago it was the cup giant killings what brought the fans in .

I would never want Vale deliberately lose or put out a weakened side because the league is our priority.

This is the biggest game of the players careers ,Leeds r bigger than a lot of prem league teams including our neighbours .

Can we do it r we going go there positive and believe we can .

If not give Leeds a bye and lets forget that Vale used to beat the big boys regularly .

PRIDE in the shirt .

The league will take care of itself and Leeds will be top 10 in there league but id say we need cup runs so we attract more support .

Big game for them even bigger for us .

Id play the 11 who believe they canplay the game of there lives.

Any weak link will be exploited badly as Leeds r a very good team .

At 22.00 hrs on wed i want to hear that we r to.

I see we have sold out our advance ticket allocation. Not sure how many that is but should be a good following.

Edit - forget that, just seen its 500.

Not bad at all that isn't :D should take around 800

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Whitfield will hopefully replace Monty and also gets him minutes. We are 1 game in.. No way should players need resting. They should all be fighting for a first place spot.

Players might not have got to 100% in pre season. I know when I play football manager players can end up very tired after their first competitive game.

Id play;

.....................Lainton....... ............

Gunning...........Smith.......Kay.... .....Wilson

Harness...De Freitas..Reeves...Tonge....Turner

......................Pyke......... .............

Archived